Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Buying A Gt4 Any Advice Please?

mad malc

The Quattro, GT4 & Lancia Intergralle are the best in my opinion, they have all kicked *****. :boxing:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scoobyspanker

• Leeky

• TheNissanMan

• knowlson

but the rolla hasn't got the same "cult" status as the GT4, its the best rally car ever made...??

i think you 2 are both wrong as anyone who knows anything about cars knows that the eighties Audi Quattro is 'the DADDY' of Rally...

*fizz waits for the triggers to be pulled*... :P

first rally car with perm 4wd if I recall correctly and won pretty much everyhting when introduced....

but the rolla hasn't got the same "cult" status as the GT4, its the best rally car ever made...??

i think you 2 are both wrong as anyone who knows anything about cars knows that the eighties Audi Quattro is 'the DADDY' of Rally...

U HAD TO MENTION THE AUDI!!! :censor: :D :D

ok these are the DADDYS :D :D

Audi quattro

Lancia delta Intergralle

Peugeot (205 Turbo 16)

Lancia (Integrale Evoluzione)

Corolla wrc :D :D

GT4 hehe :D :D

Toyota brought these things to rallying,

hydro-electronic differentials

A.L.S. (a.k.a. bang-bang) engine management system

Oh and there is allways the rhe biggest innovation the Corolla WRC brought to rally cars was its gear box (made by XTrac). :P hehe

first rally car with perm 4wd if I recall correctly and won pretty much everyhting when introduced....

wot car u talking about??

wot car u talking about??

Audi quattro :thumbsup:

it did kick *****, but so did the gt4! :P

but the Quattro had notin even close to it in its era...

that it was... :thumbsup:

and the only reason i mentioned the Audi is cos i share a A4 with my mum... so i am a little biased both ways...lol

My Celica and the A4... :P

we can all think what we like, but the fact is that our country is wet most of the time! If you have a really powerful RWD car u won't ever feel safe when ur driving hard...and in the dry, the GT4's handle as good as Supra & MR2 easily!! And u all know this. Each model has its best qualities, the supra is FU*KING FAST! the MR2 Turbo's are very quick and both look nice, but the GT$ handle FU*CKING WELL! thats there best point, there not as fast as the other 2 but they are rally cars, the others arn't, kid yourselfs if u like but each car has its good point....

Not as fast as the other two?

I've had my GT4 hit over 160mph, fair play the supra is able to probably touch 180mph but the mr2? I doubt that can touch 150mph.

hate to tell you but an mr2 turbo tops out at 162mph, which is quicker than a celica. also a 328bhp mr2 can do 1/4 mile in 12.6, a 300bhp one can hit 60 in 4.2 and a 260bhp one 1/4 mile in 13.1. bet a celica can't match those times ;)

the simple fact is an mr2 turbo is quicker than a celica gt4.

hate to tell you but an mr2 turbo tops out at 162mph, which is quicker than a celica. also a 328bhp mr2 can do 1/4 mile in 12.6, a 300bhp one can hit 60 in 4.2 and a 260bhp one 1/4 mile in 13.1. bet a celica can't match those times ;)

The MR2 is %$(in fast, a mate has had 1, thats 1 of the reasons I wanted a Toyota!! But, I wanted a good handling car, and thats why I got a GT4!! They do handle better than the MR2 turbos! Didn't u read my comment, I never said the GT4 was faster...

p.s do u think we have helped the chap out who started the thread!!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :thumbsup:

p.s do u think we have helped the chap out who started the thread!!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :thumbsup:

:D oops went off on one there :D :D so well all think that buying a gt4 is a good idea then? :lol:

Quattro was a good car in its time, but id like to see one up against modern rally cars such as the celica gt4, subaru impreza sti ppp and the mitsubishi lancer evo 8 fq300 :hokus-pokus:

Still saying that if the quattro didnt come about how long would it have been until rally cars went 4wd? If at all.

I love Audi's, but i think it sucks that they believe in FWD for all their cars primarily including the A8. its way too big for fwd.

we can all think what we like, but the fact is that our country is wet most of the time! If you have a really powerful RWD car u won't ever feel safe when ur driving hard...and in the dry, the GT4's handle as good as Supra & MR2 easily!! And u all know this. Each model has its best qualities, the supra is FU*KING FAST! the MR2 Turbo's are very quick and both look nice, but the GT$ handle FU*CKING WELL! thats there best point, there not as fast as the other 2 but they are rally cars, the others arn't, kid yourselfs if u like but each car has its good point....

Not as fast as the other two?

I've had my GT4 hit over 160mph, fair play the supra is able to probably touch 180mph but the mr2? I doubt that can touch 150mph.

Hah hah no way hosey, i'd love to see ANY mr2 take on my GT4. bet a celica can't match those times? Bet it can do better!

Maybe im being too big headed but i estimate my GT4 to be able to conquer 170mph at least, i just aint got the balls to go that fast. Im limited by the gear ratios, not the power.

Supra was used for Touring Car Championships, GT4 was used for Rallying.

And without kicking up too much ****, i cant recall the MR2 officially being used for jack.

:lol:

Dont get me wrong, if there wasnt such a thing as a celica or a supra i would have an mr2. Its just that in the toyota line up the MR2 is the entry model, then the celica and then (when they were still being made) the supra was the jewel in the toyota cap.

Anyway my 13secs quarter was when the car was stock. Since then i havent tested it. I think i should be able to get about 2 secs at least off that now. Especially once the NOS goes in next month. :D

Hah hah no way hosey, i'd love to see ANY mr2 take on my GT4.

And without kicking up too much ****, i cant recall the MR2 officially being used for jack.

Think you might be getting some cold responses on that one dude :lol::lol: just bring your gt4 to sanat pod and I reckon a few people might take you up on the challenge! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

Ha ha, dont care. Great thing about forums. I can say what i like. :arrgg-matey:

And i think your right, im getting ready to get booed off stage now. :lol:

No, seriously appologies for any offence guys. :thumbsup:

:lol:  :lol:

Ha ha, dont care. Great thing about forums. I can say what i like.  :arrgg-matey:

And i think your right, im getting ready to get booed off stage now. :lol:

:thumbsup::lol: ha we all love our own cars mate, and we all got our views. u should bring your car to santa pod and give it a bash :thumbsup: where the hell did you do 160 in a gt4 anyway :lol:

M4 Motorway on the way back from Japfest in bath.

Yes it WAS a WET DAY and YES i AM CRAZY. :lol:

I hit the 160 mark then went a little over say 162 then a car got in front of me and i had to brake hard.

Scared the hell out of me and i drove slow back. :lol:

But the best thing is it was a steady but rather quick climb up there and i still never hit the limiter cuz i was hardly over the red line.

Im very confident that i could whip 170mph if i can remove the limiter.

I'll need to cuz im having my Nitros fitted soon and its gonna screw things up if the limiter is still there. I would never have the balls to go much faster anyhow. :lol:

Where is Santa Pod anyway? Im well up for that! :lol:

M4 Motorway on the way back from Japfest in bath.

Im very confident that i could whip 170mph if i can remove the limiter.

nutter sod that

No idea the gt4 had another limiter on it? sorry dont know much about the 3sgte engine I was under the impression that when they come over from japan they have the standard 112mph limiter on them that most (probably all) imports have? :blink: just sounds a bit strange. :huh:

No not the speedo limiter, the rev limiter. It kicks down at about 8000rpm.

Im planning on upgrading the head and pistons anyway.

The engine can take it. :lol:

But without a 6th gear to change up into im limited by the rev limiter.

I know its there for safety but now and then isnt gonna hurt. :lol:

Hi,

Both cars are running 3sgte engines with the celica weighing more than the mr2 and having to put the power to the wheels through a 4wd system. The Mr2 is always going to pip the gt4 on acceration and both cars run around the same topspeed. They are both different cars with the gt4 out handling the mr2 and the mr2 being quicker of the mark.

The great thing about both cars is a remapped ecu and some extra perfromance bits, such as exhaust and filter you are looking at 300bhp+ and on the mr2 a 0-60 of around 4.9secs. Unfortunatly the celica needs to some weight before it can hit those times.

The limits of the 3sgte lump are boundless, with some crazy !Removed! getting their cars up to 650bhp, without the help of n2o.

Oh and I have to say the audi quattro is still king, even though I own a celica the quattro comes to the us on the road with 300bhp the first 4wd system to be used in rallying and the short wheel base road version still knocks onto 150mph. Hail to the car that started it all and gave us the 1st rally bread 4wd system.

Just a shame its an OAP now. :lol:

Just a shame its an OAP now. :lol:

Don't know how you figure that one out...

SW20 was made up until 97/98 mk3 obviously still made....

That must make it similar to the GT4, actually when did they stop making the GT4 ??? What's it like to drive another Toyota OAP ???

To re-iterate what dj said (also posted on other thread)....

There 's no real point in arguing the fact between top speeds....

The truth is the MR2 Turbo is quicker than the GT4 in stock form and a lot can be done to both cars to speed up their times.

Both the MR2 owners will defend the MR2 and the GT4 owners will support the GT4....

Now logically...

MR2 and GT4 unless I am mistaken use the 3S-GTE so the same powerplant.

MR2 weighs less than the GT4 so less weight

GT4 has 4WD so therefore reducing total power

If your using the same power plant in two different cars, one weighing less and without 4WD.... Logic rules....

Anybody care to change my logic or shall I just say enough said

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links