Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IMOC-TOC Track Day

Ken

Now then peep's, i know you all loved Bruntingthorpe so much you all wanted to do it again asap and as we arranged the last one IMOC are arranging this one for you all to enjoy :D

Have copied & pasted the info from the IMOC thread so all you need to do is sign up asap to make sure this event is a goer ;)

Any question's please just ask and Lauren will be along to answer them when she can, i'll be out on track btw :yes:

Okay, finally i've booked us up a trackday.

I couldn't do Angersea as there aren't any dates until really late in the year, so i've opted for good old Elvington.

Price= £99 per car.

2nd drivers are free as are passengers and spectators.

book online here:

www.bookatrack.com/pB?578

You can also pay by bank transfer online:

20-81-00 / 90179035

Put your 'username' down as a reference.

The day will be open pit lane. So you can come and go on track as much as you like. With 36 cars with a 15 car limit on track ought to give everyone plenty of tracktime.

Driving starts at 10am and run through till 5pm. There will be an hour for lunch.

You need to arrive for sign-on by 9am. Get there a bit earlier than that would be my recommendation as you can sort out your car and not be hassled by trying to make sign-on before the drivers briefing.

Briefing starts at 9.30am sharp (if you are late you will have to wait till 10.30am for the second briefing).

As we are running open pit, there will be sighting laps for the first 20mins or so, then open pit till the end of the day.

Elvington is an airfield near York. Probably best known on the list for the place where TOTB is held. What we do is mark out a track using cones on the airfield. Mark and I actually lay the course out so we can make it MR2 friendly! The big advantage of this is that there's nothing to hit save the odd cone, so its a really good place to lose your track virginity and explore both your own and your car's limits in a safe environment. If you've got a bit of experience its a great place to play with your cars handling and really push it hard.

To ensure we keep the day MR2 only, please get your provisional bookings in ASAP. This costs nothing and is dead easy to do. Then to firm things up more either pay the full amount or pay 50% which will effectively guarrantee your booking.

How to get there:

Directions

RAF Elvington is situated 7 miles south east of York City and 2 miles north west of Elvington Village. The site lies adjacent to the B1228 Elvington Lane which leads to the A64 York Bypass.

From the B1228 look for Halifax Way and Whitby Road which lead to the entrance gate to the airfield (on the right of the entrance to the Air Museum).

Instruction

will be available and you can book this online or on the day.

Helmets

Same for helmets. You can hire a helmet for £10 or bring your own. If you use your own its up to you to make sure its in good condition and fits you well. Its your head etc.

Tyres

Elvington is concrete and so is quite abrasive. We have a tyre fitting service that you can use. If you are going to trash your existing tyres we can fit new tyres onto your car at the end of the day. You must though book for new tyres in the correct sizes before the trackday. You can buy tyres from the bookatrack website. You can bring your own tyres and we will fit them at IIRC £5 per wheel.

Bearding:

Mechanical help will be available from Bookabeard et al at the Battruck. Though obviously you will be well supported from beardy club members, so no probs there!

Food:

There is a burger type van there where you can get hot/cold drinks, burgers (surprisingly). The food is okay and prices are average.

Hot laps:

Jonny will do hot laps in the BaT Caterhams, which basically involves going round the whole of elvington sideways for 3 laps. Cost is £10. Its a ride you won't forget i promise!

I will do some hot laps in my MK1 for nowt of course, though they won't be staggeringly quick they'll be fun for sure.

If you have any questions please post to this topic so that others can see as that way it'll save me answering the same questions 100times.

Get booked!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauren

• knightrider

• raywong

• earpl

:censor: DAMN gona miss this one too, il be in spain!!! :crybaby:

Interested but it sounds like it will cream tyres! :(

£99 for the track £280 for tyres :eek:

At any trackday you'll get excessive tyre wear Les, granted an airfield day is worse than most but it's a great excuse to scrub off an old set :D

I may even kill off my old steelies at this one :yes:

At any trackday you'll get excessive tyre wear Les, granted an airfield day is worse than most but it's a great excuse to scrub off an old set :D

I may even kill off my old steelies at this one :yes:

Haven't got an old set :crybaby:

And I thought it was just MR2? "To ensure we keep the day MR2 only"

Haven't got an old set :crybaby:

And I thought it was just MR2?  "To ensure we keep the day MR2 only"

About time you got yourself a old set then as you wouldn't like to crunch you best one's ;)

That was a pre-bruntingthorpe quote Les, we are now going to fill these event's together as everyone had such a good time :group-cuddles:

Okay so if we want to just watch like we did last time its free?? :huh::unsure::wacko:

Okay so if we want to just watch like we did last time its free??  :huh:  :unsure:  :wacko:

Yep and it's free as the venue cost's are not as big :thumbsup:

Okay ive checked with work and i cant go :(

no chance of getting the day off either as the new reg's are out that weekend <_<

but i think darren will go without me! :D

That sounds cool - just after my birthday too! :lol:

I'll see if Rich wants to come with me this time (doubtful, but I can ask!)

I'm a definite maybe! :thumbsup:

could be up for this, depends if I have a new car by then ;)

Possibility of me going as a spectator / passenger ;)

Will know nearer the time :thumbsup:

Thanx Ken for adding this up.

just to clarify i will check the list and answer any questions that anyone has. I work for BookaTrack so hopefully i should be able to help!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

cheers,

Lauren

IMOC Admin/Trackday Organiser

would be interested as well, i am interested to go on track as well this time, shame that i aint got an MR2, it's only for MR2 rite?

Ray

I will need to see how much of my bank balance is left over once the engine swap is completed next week. Will be registering if funds are available - If not I'll have to take my chances for a space after the following pay day :rolleyes:

would be interested as well, i am interested to go on track as well this time, shame that i aint got an MR2, it's only for MR2 rite?

Ray

I've opened it up to TOC so non-MR2s are of course welcome. Basically anything so long as its a toyota. Though we do have some ex-toyota owners coming which is fine as long as i know.

if i convince chris to go on track then i may do too, othawise i may just drive his car if he lets me, :P

wickid! innit!

all being well ill be there, will have to get a bit closer to the time to check on funds, think i may wreck the old F1s on the rev3 wheels as the toyos had a serious beating the last time round! (gotta make em last at least some time :lol: )

I think ill be up for this, will see closer to the time ... i want some more practice in the mr2 though ...couldnt pass up this opportunity ;)

wickid! innit!

all being well ill be there, will have to get a bit closer to the time to check on funds, think i may wreck the old F1s on the rev3 wheels as the toyos had a serious beating the last time round! (gotta make em last at least some time :lol: )

ur finally learning... lol.. :P :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership