Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IMOC-TOC Track Day

Ken

if i can go on track then i'm pretty sure i'll be up for this :) probably would b the slowest car on track tho.. :blink:

Ray

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lauren

• knightrider

• raywong

• earpl

go for it ray, i thorght i would be at bruntingthorpe, but i wasn't thanks to the lexubiks and mk1 MR who's..... i got fed up of waiting behind that bloddy orange avensis :rolleyes:

matt no. but ken yes im up for this, i will pay for it a bit closer to the time.

so we going then?

and matt with your driving no one will let you loose!

matt no. but ken yes im up for this, i will pay for it a bit closer to the time.

so we going then?

and matt with your driving no one will let you loose!

Dont i know it :(

ill probs go

as a specator :crybaby:

if i can go on track then i'm pretty sure i'll be up for this :) probably would b the slowest car on track tho.. :blink:

Ray

I'll bet there is someone slower than you on the day. Trackdays are:

80% driver

20% car

I'm sure you'll be able to chuck the yaris round elv at a reasonable rate. ;)

i'm definitely up for this then... :D regret it so much after last time, i'd wish i was on track :huh:

Ray

lauren what do i do if i want to pay cheque and where do i send it then?

Damn... i wanna do this... but there's no-way i'll be able to afford new tyres... which im sure i'll destroy! Anyone wanna lend me a car?!?! :lol:

Oh, i'll definatley be there as a spectator though, it's only about 5mins from me! (well, an hour, but that can be reduced to 30mins! :lol: )

bring the food again graham!

Oh yes! Maybe not quite as much drink... but i'll definatley bring something!

I like the sound of this, the only problem my rear tires are around £400 a pop each :eek:

I will see if I can get some stock supra wheels and get some part worns for the day.

Kevin

I will see if I can get some stock supra wheels and get some part worns for the day.

Kevin

the supra gonna be ***** out evrywhere then :rolleyes: :D

lauren what do i do if i want to pay cheque and where do i send it then?

Okay if you want to send a cheque send it to:

Jonny Leroux

BookaTrack.com

58 Pennymoor Drive

Middlewich

Cheshire

CW10 9QQ

Just put the amount on the cheque; £99 i'm guessing unless you want to book instruction and/or helmet hire. You can do both on the day, but reserving a helmet in advance is a good option if you want to guarrantee it. The same with instruction really as pre-booking gives you priority.

HTH

How about insurance? do i need to tell my insurance company abt it?? also how much is the hire of helmet and instructor?

Thx

Ray :)

How about insurance? do i need to tell my insurance company abt it?? also how much is the hire of helmet and instructor?

Thx

Ray :)

Instructorage = £20 for 20minute session.

Helmet hire= £10 for the day.

As for insurance, well its an airfield, so there is nothing to hit save the odd cone, i really wouldn't bother with insurance for an airfield day. Don't tell your insurance because you will not be covered for driving on a trackday.

Reason being that:

excess on trackday insurance is fairly high ie at least £500, more commonly a grand.

You are unlikely to do enough damage so that it'd be as much as the excess.

In all honesty in the years of going to elvington apart from somoene rolling an S2000 3 years ago (went sideways onto the grass), I have seen nothing more than the odd scuff from hitting cones.

It is without a doubt the safest environment in which to drive your car quickly with massive expanses of tarmac/concrete in every direction.

If you were say going on a trackday at a circuit and your car was worth more than say 5K then i'd say insurance is a good option, but realistically, as long as you don't drive like a complete idiot then i'd say the risk at elv' is very low indeed.

Just for the record i never bother with insurance for trackdays, there is zero point on a car worth 2K. Also i'm the one driving it and i know my limits so i simply drive within them, thats all you have to do really.

HTH

thanks for the help lauren :thumbsup: much apperciated. i probably wont bother with the insurance then, but i do want the helmet and and the 20 min session, as it's only my first time on track and i dont wanna be the slowest car on track :P

so do i need to pay £129 then?

Cheers

Ray

thanks for the help lauren :thumbsup: much apperciated. i probably wont bother with the insurance then, but i do want the helmet and and the 20 min session, as it's only my first time on track and i dont wanna be the slowest car on track :P 

so do i need to pay £129 then?

Cheers

Ray

Yep, thats it. Send a cheque for £129 to Jonny at the address i provided. Just put a note in with your details and BaT username (and that you have ordered instruction and a helmet) so he can add you to the list. Just say you spoke to me so i can verify it etc if needed.

:thumbsup:

If you were say going on a trackday at a circuit and your car was worth more than say 5K then i'd say insurance is a good option, but realistically, as long as you don't drive like a complete idiot then i'd say the risk at elv' is very low indeed.

Just for the record i never bother with insurance for trackdays, there is zero point on a car worth 2K. Also i'm the one driving it and i know my limits so i simply drive within them, thats all you have to do really.

HTH

After a close shave at Brunters i would have to disagree there.. :blink:

Your car may only be worth £2k etc.. but there is always chance of hitting another car regardless of who's at fault and you NEED insurance for it unless your mega rich and can afford to repair someones modded Supra etc...

A lad in a MR2 span out big time at speed in front of me and i had nowhere to go.. but managed to slow down my car without skidding into him! was scary to say the least to think abotu what could have happend.

I didnt have track insurance and the thought of having to sort something like that out was not worth thinking about.

Fair enough if you stay a good distance away fromt he person ahead but if they are slow.. you are goign to want to over take them and anything can happen.

IMO :bookworm:

HTH

After a close shave at Brunters i would have to disagree there.. :blink:

Your car may only be worth £2k etc.. but there is always chance of hitting another car regardless of who's at fault and you NEED insurance for it unless your mega rich and can afford to repair someones modded Supra etc...

A lad in a MR2 span out big time at speed in front of me and i had nowhere to go.. but managed to slow down my car without skidding into him! was scary to say the least to think abotu what could have happend.

IMO :bookworm:

I have to say that that is the difference between a bookatrack and an easytrack day. There was hardly any briefing in the morning and as a result there was some pretty poor driving at times.

I've worked at over a 100 bookatrack days and i've seen car to car contact twice in that time. One was a result of a car hitting a tyre wall at hethel and rolling and catching another car, the other was terribly poor driving. The latter were reprimanded.

If you follow the overtaking by consent rule then car to car contact is impossible. I would say that given that htis is a club day that as a rule people do verr on the side of caution which is no bad thing.

Hiya Lauren, didn't expect to see you over here...

Hows things with you and Mark ?

Ryan

Hiya Lauren, didn't expect to see you over here...

Hows things with you and Mark ?

Ryan

Oooh hello Ryan,

long time no see/hear...!

Well i get around a bit these days, visiting different forums and the like... ;)

Mark and I are well if a bit busy, i'm back at uni doing another degree :eek: after my brief racing career last year and not enjoying hte poor student thing so much second time round. Mark is well paying for everything at the moment and i'm just about keeping my new (to me) MR2 on the road.

We are fine and hope to make a few more shows than we did last year, though we are still doing trackdays all over the place of course. :)

Which reminds me have you been out on track much of late? i remember you being hooked on it at combe but that was years ago!

2 years ago...

For those who don't know on TOC I still owe Lauren for getting me hooked on track days...

Haven't been able to afford one this year (yet)...

MX5 now so we'll se...

Have to catch up at japshow or JAE, guess you'll be at one or the other :D

2 years ago...

For those who don't know on TOC I still owe Lauren for getting me hooked on track days...

Haven't been able to afford one this year (yet)...

MX5 now so we'll se...

Have to catch up at japshow or JAE, guess you'll be at one or the other :D

Hi Ryan,

MX5? is it a 1.8 with LSD? If so absolutely perfect for trackdays. You would be more than welcome at elvington if you can stretch to it.

I will be at JAE so make sure you pop over and say hello. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership