Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Turbo

zebidi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• jaxx

• earpl

• zebidi

Top Posters In This Topic

aye turbos are 'in theory' 100% power efficient as its the crap from the engine that powers them once its no good, not many things in the world that do that

chargers drag 10% of the engine power as a rule of thumb so an 'charged engine at 200bhp would only really be making 180..

aye turbos are 'in theory' 100% power efficient as its the crap from the engine that powers them once its no good, not many things in the world that do that

chargers drag 10% of the engine power as a rule of thumb so an 'charged engine at 200bhp would only really be making 180..

i read somewhere it was 25% maybe its diff for different types of engineering, efficencies and all that malarky.

By the way, does anyone know the maximum potential of the turbo we get with these kits? im replacing pistons for £100 each to up the boost.

most kits ive seen run about 0.6bar which is a pretty safe level, i suppose with uprated pistons and rods and water injection/intercooler you could perhaps be looking at 1bar maybe a slight bit more as long as ya fuellings good

its defo 10% for 'chargers as its mainly derived from top fuel drap racing where 5000bhp drags loose 500bhp just to run the charger :eek:

the more pressure an engine will run at the shorter it will live for, its just finding the healthy balance and how much your willing to spend, it shouldn't be more than 10% as its off the exhaust gases im guessing it loses power as it upsets the back pressure slightly

back pressure and turbos dont come in the same sentance bud :rolleyes:

with a blower forcing it in through the front you havent got the problem of vacuum dragging the gases backwards again, hence why its best to fit the biggest bore pipework on a turbo car

Fueling will be one of the top things to be looked at, to keep it healthy i must improve the fueling, hence the other post about the injectors. I'm looking to spend £4k on this.

But should i really do this? get a new car? end of day i'll end up with a very fast car. Power to weight ratio will be enormous, but its an FF car. :( :angry::wacko:

back pressure and turbos dont come in the same sentance bud :rolleyes:

with a blower forcing it in through the front you havent got the problem of vacuum dragging the gases backwards again, hence why its best to fit the biggest bore pipework on a turbo car

Na, (or maybe not, i dont know) but it does with superchargers. Back pressure in a supercharger is not good news coz its tries to stall the blower, making the charger work harder.

Would a Greddy kit from a scion xb fit the Yaris? as it is the same engine?

Also need to check whether a Scion kit would fit under the Yaris hood. The pipes go on top as can be seen in the picture.

if its the same engine it shouldnt be a problem :thumbsup:

if its the same engine it shouldnt be a problem  :thumbsup:

Even if it's the same engine, a different hood might allow different routing for the pipes. You have to make sure that the pipes go the same way for the Yaris, because the Scion may have a little more room between the hood and the engine.

if its the same engine it shouldnt be a problem  :thumbsup:

Even if it's the same engine, a different hood might allow different routing for the pipes. You have to make sure that the pipes go the same way for the Yaris, because the Scion may have a little more room between the hood and the engine.

As long as the turbo and manifold fit rerouting piping should be easy. :thumbsup:

Agreed. Question is - do you want to get new pipes and start messing with it, or buy a kit that fits. It's 1800$ - how much will it cost to get it into the country (shipment and tax).

who cares........... half the people who are talking about it wont be able to afford to insure it any way.....

how many groups will insurance go up by?

Estimate price?

its not group, groups dont mean f all these days, its just modifications and young people dont go down well. now when you throw a turbo at it thats considered a serious modification and you'll struggle to get insured let alone get an expensive quote.

who cares........... half the people who are talking about it wont be able to afford to insure it any way.....

i CAN afford the insurance its just whether its worht spending so much money on a yaris

i know but who's paying it ;) and i agree is it worth it.............

I will be i pay for everything when it comes to my cars. That seems to be the unanswered question on everyones mind... is it worth it. Possibly cheaper to buy a faster car especially in the long run.

i know but who's paying it ;) and i agree is it worth it.............

I will be i pay for everything when it comes to my cars. That seems to be the unanswered question on everyones mind... is it worth it. Possibly cheaper to buy a faster car especially in the long run.

that would be the best idea mate, just save up and buy a faster car...thats what im doing, still love the yaris t sport though! :thumbsup:

but not everybody wants to buy a quicker car, some people like the yaris and want to do it up to its full potential, whats wrong with that i ask? a lot of people ive noticed say " here are my plans.." which are then ripped up and told just to stop wasting money and buy a faster car, well id personally own a modded yaris done up fairly well performance wise then a completly stock faster car.. just my opinion tho

i agree a kitted up yaris would be really cool, its just weighing up what to do.

concider this

i was gonna spend 6k on my yaris trying to do what everyone goes on about here

i spent 6k on the mr2 which is still a faster and more powerful car than a tuned yaris, and without all the teething problems ;)

if ya want a fast car, start with one :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links