Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Turbo

zebidi

does anyone know if the HKS kit is available for the T sport? ive only seen the ones for the 1 litre.

I need to find a kit pronto! :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• jaxx

• earpl

• zebidi

Top Posters In This Topic

try doing a f****** search of the forums!

lol

about time we made the search button a bit more obvious

and the HKS system is available for both cars but the 1.0 kit wont fit the t-sport and is a tad tricky to get hold of

GReddy is ya best bet as ENVY can get hold of it quite readily

:thumbsup:

as above

i know the HKS kit is dearer but features a roller bearing turbo with effectivly less lag,

but the greddy one for a tad more £££ u can get the e-manage ecu piggyback

so how much are we talking for this GReddy kit fully fitted, working, including labour?

thats pretty good, probably another £1000 on top of that for a fitted supercharger.

what makes you say that? Dont know much about them myself but aren't they instant power? :D

i prefer the noise where it sounds like it releases the air in stages really quickly, similar to a dump valve but sounds so much better. Any idea what that is?

non atmospheric dump, kind of fethers..... tt does this.

yeah, thats a better way to describe it. so is it a waste-gate that goes on a turbo similar to a dump-valve?

I think you're talking about wastegate chatter, my mates Glanza V used to do that before he fitted a HKS SSQV! :thumbsup:

a supercharger is driven by the crank and provides progressive and steady power upto around 3/4s of the rev range when it starts to fizzle out

a turbo runs off exhaust gas and depending what you use gives you that 'boost' at a common rpm. in which case they can be made for mid-top end power, or full on top end power

i prefer turbos as you get more bhp/pound and they sound damn awesome, never been a big fan of superchargers in general, yes they are good but even in an AMG merc it just feels like a powerful engine, while with the mr2 you hit 3000rpm and hit your head on the headrest :D

Would a Greddy kit from a scion xb fit the Yaris? as it is the same engine?

i would have thought there is an off the shelf kit

but the older 1.3 is the same block and head as the 1.5, just the internals are slightly different to alter the displacement by 200cc

just a thought as they are the same 1nz-fe engine, and the turbo's are readily available cheap on american sites.

just a thought as they are the same 1nz-fe engine, and the turbo's are readily available cheap on american sites.

some of them are £1500 including intercooler, ecu (piggy me thinks) boost controller and turbo timer, some kits even give you injectors. I know what i'd go for :thumbsup: (pstttt injectors) I should be able to get the Greddy kit for around £1400 though max.

And I know 2 people that can fit it for me for cheap cheap. One of them does engine transplants with cars that have appeared in MAX power ("yeah I put an air filter on and got 20 brake!!! WICKED!!!!" magazine)

Superchargers use up about 25% of the overall power to run as it is pulley driven (engine) Turbos only use up 5% Turbos are all at once power while supercharger is more spreadout in the rev range. Turbos Vs. Chargers are a def charger win if the peak torque is near enough the same as the charger accesses its torque level faster (no lag)

However there are mapping experts that can map away the lag (ECU) also shorter pipes to intercooler, shorter the lag. ARC box would be decent for this too as it stores cold air.

Hope this was useful :thumbsup:

dont be soft :lol: turbos dont use any of the engines power, they operate of the exhaust gasses, the engines done all its work befor it effects the turbo :P

and lag is the time the exhaust gasses take to spin the turbo up to speed before it takes effect, the only way you can reduce lag is to have a smaller turbo that spins easier, hence gets going at low revs then when the revs increase your second turbo kick in. TT yaris. thankyou please :D & yeah the length of pipe does have an effect & shortening it can improve it slightly, but the greddy kit takes just about the shortest route anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links