Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Omp Front Upper Strut Bar

TSpot

they weigh about 3-4 tonnes!!! + also hold the heat in them, get a ally one :)

yes they are heavy, i been looking at the cusco ones, but for the price you could get trd. so its whatever your budget is really.

they weigh about 3-4 tonnes!!! + also hold the heat in them, get a ally one :)

I think that OMP have only steel for the Yaris TS. What other recommendations do you have? As for the weight: That's what I was told. It's a single bar, so shouldn't it weigh less then the double ones?

A question for members who have installed a front upper strut brace: Did you really feel a significant difference? Since the shock absorbers are quite close to the firewall as it is, and I'm wondering whether a stabilizer in this case can make such a difference.

i have the OMP Front Upper Strut. it is rather heavy and it does hold the heat. especially now i have no heat sheild on my manifold.

it made a huge difference with the handlin. wouldnt go back

A question for members who have installed a front upper strut brace: Did you really feel a significant difference? Since the shock absorbers are quite close to the firewall as it is, and I'm wondering whether a stabilizer in this case can make such a difference.

yes its make a great difference well worth it,

i have a Cusco polished alloy with titainium ends,

it looks good and does the job too :yes:

check out my garage for piccys :thumbsup:

yes its make a great difference well worth it,

i have a Cusco polished alloy with titainium ends,

it looks good and does the job too :yes:

check out my garage for piccys  :thumbsup:

Thanks for replies!

I was told different things about the way to install a strut bar. Should the car be lifted or on the ground? If it's an adjustable one, I was told different things about when you should make the final adjustment (before or after it's bolted in - sounds strange to do it after).

I'll probably install it myself - does it usually come with installation instructions?

i couldnt believe the difference!

i still thing the yaris is made from bacofoil

i couldnt believe the difference!

i still thing the yaris is made from bacofoil

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

From the opinions here it seems like a good cost-effective mod. No downsides?

I can get the OMP for ~75 quid. Think I'll get this one in the end, partly because it's what I have most available.

Any comments re installation?

Downsides include your car being a write off if you crash....something to do with the struts being twisted as they stay that distance apart due to strut bar whereas the other parts are crumpling. (something like that anyway) Make sure your insurers know your fitting one for piece of mind :) I would imagine the fittng pretty straight forward. Also i reckon the bar should be adjusted when on the struts (just using my logic here so maybe wrong) as surely you adjust it to the fitment rather then trying to put on a length you adjusted onto the car?

Also i reckon the bar should be adjusted when on the struts (just using my logic here so maybe wrong) as surely you adjust it to the fitment rather then trying to put on a length you adjusted onto the car?

The bar should be adjusted to the right length to fit; the question is whether you should tighten the adjustment after it has been bolted to the struts. I would imagine that this could create unnecessary tension.

They are worthwhile - both front and back - and you can notice a difference straight away.

Fitting is a doddle - front is fiddly but nothing to stressful - the rear is so easy it can be done in 2 minutes.

It will make a difference to your insurance tho - thats the olnly downside I can see...

They are worthwhile - both front and back - and you can notice a difference straight away.

Fitting is a doddle - front is fiddly but nothing to stressful - the rear is so easy it can be done in 2 minutes.

It will make a difference to your insurance tho - thats the olnly downside I can see...

What's the difference between installing the front and rear one (installation wise I mean).

How does it effect the insurance?

Thanks!

lot better prices from here mate (good company too)

http://www.strutbracer.co.uk/tables/toyota.htm

dont say a word clarky!

Thanks! The link I gave was from OMP website, where they write that the MA1828 fits the Yaris 1.0 16v, and don't mention the TS, but in this site - I see that it fits.

Any comments re the installation?

2 inside nuts on each strut tower, remove them put the brace over, tighten up the nuts, use the adjustment too stiffen the strut up, not too much though.

2 inside nuts on each strut tower, remove them put the brace over, tighten up the nuts, use the adjustment too stiffen the strut up, not too much though.

Thanks. And it's all done when the car is on the ground?

Do you know the torque for these nuts?

you wont be able to get a torque wrench on. spanner im afraid, 13/14mm cant remember, tight enough :) yep just lift the bonnet + put it on :)

you wont be able to get a torque wrench on. spanner im afraid, 13/14mm cant remember, tight enough :) yep just lift the bonnet + put it on :)

Yep - you're right. Torque wrench probably can't be used in this space. Hope I don't get it too tightened and yet tightened enough...

Thanks again!

you can get a torque wrench on but youll spend half the day stripping down the scuttle panel!

i actually did that and it does take forever! wiper motor and everything has to come off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links