Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inside Windows Misted Up ?

Toyota3000

Went to work, got into car after a few hours and the inside of the windows were all misty.

I took a quick look around the other cars (was in car park) and they seemed to have clear windows.

I'm assuming there's a leak somewhere inside the car - only reason I can think of - (water being evaporated etc... ).

Could this be the problem ?

Thanks in advance :)

Went to work, got into car after a few hours and the inside of the windows were all misty.

I took a quick look around the other cars (was in car park) and they seemed to have clear windows.

I'm assuming there's a leak somewhere inside the car - only reason I can think of - (water being evaporated etc... ).

Could this be the problem ?

Thanks in advance :)

Probably not a leak ..... just all that hot air your breathing out ;) !

It's pritty much normal for any cars windows to mist up as it's due to the hot and cold air on the glass ...... im sure somebody will give you a scientific reason later!

A quick blast of air-con (If you have it) or buy some special glass cleaner will sort it :thumbsup: !

A blast of ur blowers with the window slightly open will get rid of it especially if u have air con.

either that or hold ur breath all the way home.

yeah happened to me as well this mornin. usually happens when u have got into the car damp ei from rain or from havin a shower.

Yep, its just condensation from the heat of your breath on the cold windscreen and normally, as has been said, a quick blast on the air con normally sorts it straight away! :thumbsup:

Being a small car will make it worse than some others

I know it happens all cars esp in winter, but ive noticed its particularly bad in the yaris!! compared to clio/golf anyway

it also depends on how well the car is sealed when all doors are closed. all the jap cars my family have had were the same but it never happened on my saxo

make sure you havnt got the air recirc switched on, and always leave the blower on #1, it ensures a constant stream of fresh dry air into the car

makes me laugh when people switch it off then wonder why the car steams up!

I have the same problem and have done on both P2 Yarii I've owned. Glad it's not just me...

make sure you havnt got the air recirc switched on, and always leave the blower on #1, it ensures a constant stream of fresh dry air into the car

makes me laugh when people switch it off then wonder why the car steams up!

Didn't know that, will give it a try :).

One other thing I've noticed, is make sure the inside of your windows are clean.

After a while, the windows tend to build up a layer of film.

It looks like misting, but it's really just this dirty film (no, not that sort of film! :D), so you turn the fans on, and it doesn't seem to clear.

Keep on top of it by cleaning the inside of the car once every few weeks, and that should help.

HTH

One other thing I've noticed, is make sure the inside of your windows are clean.

After a while, the windows tend to build up a layer of film.

It looks like misting, but it's really just this dirty film (no, not that sort of film! :D), so you turn the fans on, and it doesn't seem to clear.

Keep on top of it by cleaning the inside of the car once every few weeks, and that should help.

HTH

yah thats traffic film! ie cack from other peoples exhausts etc...

horrible as it gives it a mirror effect and when the sun shines you cant see naff all!

That's the stuff. Horrible stuff.

An inquisitive mind makes you think "Err. what's that."

So you wipe your finger through it (sods law, right where your viewing line is of the traffic in front), and it smears it.

Plus, as you said Jaxx, it's dodgy in bright/ low sunlight.

I noticed that too, especially bad on the front windscreen for me - well inside of obviously, does anyone find it gets onto the rear view mirror?

Yup! Gets up there too.

Also on the front passenger windows.

If not cleaned regulary, it tends to cover every window in the car!

Yup! Gets up there too.

Also on the front passenger windows.

If not cleaned regulary, it tends to cover every window in the car!

So do you wanna pop around and show us how to clean my windows properly then :P !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links