Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jobseekers Allowance

earpl

right for the past 2 months i've been un-employed.... it took me 2 weeks, yes 2 weeks to get through on the phone (calling for about 40mins per day) to start the signing on process, then a week for my telephone interview (to give them all my details) then another week before i actually went in to the jobcenter to finalise it all. i was told that i could back date my claim, so i did to the day i first tried to get through on the phone. now a month after finishing the process i've actually recieved my first cheque!!!! NO not the £360 odd quid i was expecting but a nice fat cheque for £89!!! and a letter saying, sorry your reason for your backdated claim is not a good enough reason, so aswell as being f***** around and not having any money for the last 2 months, it now the end of the month, which means the £200 morgage & £150 loan cannot be paid...... so this is a HUGE THANKYOU FOR ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING

It’s a coincidence that you should bring this up.

As most of you know I have been unemployed since being made redundant in January, It’s bad enough that most of the winkers don’t reply to applications but when you telephone for an interview and all goes well until you mention your age, then you her a pin drop! Well that’s another matter.

As far as jobseekers allowance goes I could have told you it was a waste of space.

I have always taken the precautions of having a mortgage protection insurance on my house but that don’t mean diddly to the establishment! After paying into the system for nearly 40 years I did manage to get income based contributions for 18 weeks I think it is (a massive £56 a week), don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for all the assistance I can get but because of the insurances I couldn’t get any other assistance on things like council tax (nearly £100 pm) water rates etc.

Anyway now that the contribution-based allowance has finished I have to grovel to the DSS for help with the bills and I have been informed today that because Anne has worked on average, 24 hours a week I am not entitled to any assistance!

One thing they did suggest was that maybe I should sell my car and get a cheaper one! :eek:

So I'm with earpl here. :yes:

They are all absolute ******** :angry:

yeah, i've worked hard for 4 years to get trained to a "skilled" level, im 21 got a morgage etc, and im entitled to the same as some f****** little scroat who's never done a f****** thing in his life and robs old women for a hobby!!!!!!!!! GOD IM SO ANGRY!!!

Got an idea Chris:

How about we get a cheap day return to France on the ferry then when we get there sneak into tha back of a container that's going back to England, then when we get arrested over here we plead asylum then we can live the life of luxury ;)

Sorry to hear your bad news dude.

What ever you do pal dont sell the car, get a lodger.

no seriously pal im a strong believer in things happen for the better,YOU WILL GET A BETTER JOB, but listen i'm n medium i'm more of a large,

just thought id lighten it up a bit, there a few upset chaps out there with rage.

Best of luck fella.

I think its about time the government started looking after the honest, decent working folk rather than the people who are none of the above.....

Chris & Les - I really feel for both of you - this system is so f :censor: g unfair its unreal :angry:

:group-cuddles: I dunno what else to say, it just proves how cr@p living in Britain really is.... :ffs:

Well done on the job mate - what does my head in is that you've been running around doing your best to find work - not just sitting on your lazy butt waiting for it to come to you.

You deserve a break - good luck

i was lucky enough to start work today :)

This time... Congratulations! ;)

Can I ask what you're doing?

:thumbsup:

Alan

Unfortunately I am unemployed too and on this JSA ........

I thought after doing my degree I could pretty much walk straight into a simple IT job but this is not the case as I am still hunting 3 months-ish on. I didn't want to sign-on but I had to as I needed the money.

I thought the system was there to help you find a job, but it seems all they care about is that you turn up on time to sign your book. In the agreement it says that they offer all these services to help you with your job searching, CV's, interview technique etc but when I enquired I got no-where.

The system is not very efficient and I hate going there ....... but at the end of the day I have to!

I'm so desperate for a job :( !

Dave - www.cwjobs.co.uk

There's a few round my way, and up your way if memory serves me.

Pretty good money too.

I think i may have to bite my pride and apply for it soon!!!!!

I hate the idea of "sponging" although we have paid plenty of tax in out times!!!!

Earpl.. you should have put ona thick accent, and said you are handycapped an HIv+ that way you would ahve gota fortune, a house, car allowance.. the lot :ffs:

Had this in my younger days -- months feeling like people are lookng at me walking down the street during hours that most are working.

Sell your car? Yeah, given a price for the old that leaves the dealer a margin for profit and then paying the margin on an unreliable heap that's going to cost a fortune to repair. Interesting that a senseless waste of money is recommended. Kind of reminds me of the system here. Do you have any money in the bank? If so you have to spend it before we give you anything and then rent since you haven't had the sense to drink it all, cause a public disturbance and vandalize a few things instead. I'm all for equality but it really isn't working when one group is forking out for everything, another taking as a lifestyle choice and then another ultra-class that could contribute pays nothing.

This was a long while back, but I remember I took a van driving job for a pathetic wage to tide me over and not be a burden to society. When that ended I refilled the forms and was told that I couldn't state a minimum salary lower than my last job! And 'job seekers'? Pah, looks like fat fighters from Little Britain.

To finish, a contrite little statement you may hear, for example, down the pub: "there's jobs going for those that want them". Hmmm... feel a 'murder, death, kill coming on?

Luckily those days are long gone for me (for now?), but I remember the torment and know it could happen to anyone. The stigma doesn't help recovery either.

sorry to hear your probs

this is exactly one of the problems with the UK, as said above we offer the world and prospects to people coming to live here (even if they dont take it and leech of the gov), but to the decent among us, when we need the help, they magicly cant help

I think its about time the government started looking after the honest, decent working folk rather than the people who are none of the above.....

Chris & Les - I really feel for both of you - this system is so f :censor: g unfair its unreal  :angry:

:group-cuddles: I dunno what else to say, it just proves how cr@p living in Britain really is....  :ffs:

It's time the government did a lot of things but I'm not holding my breath, :censor: useless :censor:

Chris & Les - I really feel for both of you - this system is so f :censor: g unfair its unreal  :angry:

:group-cuddles: I dunno what else to say, it just proves how cr@p living in Britain really is....  :ffs:

It's time the government did a lot of things but I'm not holding my breath, :censor: useless :censor:

Yes, it's time they had a system for sorting "the wheat from the chav".

No, but seriously, it's so wrong that you can spend years and years working and paying taxes and NI, and when you get into difficulty through no fault of your own you're treated like a criminal -- go here, go there, fill in this form, fill in that, maybe later, don't know, you don't have a right to know, it's a complex system so that you can't sniff out the inadequacies. They actually try to hide all the things to which you are entitled in every sense, especially moral, while there's a Nesbit family down the road that knows the system inside out and exploits it to the full. There should be an express checkout for valued contributors to society and a sort of grimy dungeon where those who have no such intention can contribnute to the environment through biodegredation. A cleaner, greener Britain I say!

On the upside it's possible that the extra time allows a keep-fit regime or some other hobby/form of self improvement. Maybe some kind of reduction is available on various courses/education. Adult education is great for meeting people too. (I recall that if you are a youngish male they'll be a host of middle-aged women chasing after you particularly if you opt for the social sciences.) Is anyone here knowledgeable enough to make a list of all the reductions and entitlements? Are there any thesedays?

I think i may have to bite my pride and apply for it soon!!!!!

I hate the idea of "sponging" although we have paid plenty of tax in out times!!!!

Earpl.. you should have put ona  thick accent, and said you are handycapped an HIv+ that way you would ahve gota  fortune, a house, car allowance.. the lot  :ffs:

yeah tell them your on scag and got three kids from a 15 year old, way you go!

nice one on the new job aswell!

congrats dude!

youve made me .......PROUD!

and you eithier get all or nothing in this country and its hard being inbetween,

funny thing is the fake burbury clad grandma robbing little s*** would proberly get more money than me...........

Yes. They would.

Normally in these arguments I havn't a leg to stand on, but my brother works for the DWP (Dept. for work and pensions) and basically, yes... anyone who has ever done anything for the government like pay tax and be nice is not helped when help is required... reason for this is there is a probability cause argument thing that because you're a good, honest, working citizen, you will soon again be just that and therfore, there's no point them paying you money when you can give them more in a few weeks/months time.

At the moment, my bro's had to move offices because his old one is getting a massive re-fit... not in the office area where it's a sh*t-hole... no, in the reception so that Scally man can come in to nice flooring, carpets, no screens up, nice plants and get his benefit in the easiest and nicest way possible. The staff are treated just as sh*te as every other decent person... trust me... the people who have to deal with this scum are people like my brother who handles new claims etc... and then there are about 4 levels of management who do bugger all (this is very true!) The pay is stupidly low and now the screens have been removed the scallys can punch, spit, bite throw whatever they want at the staff... take a sh*t in the corner and all that can be done is to pay them. Because that's what they're entitled to.

Even if someone is a known criminal and benefit fraudster... until they're in jail... they get paid. Once out of jail... they get paid.

It's an absolute f**king disgrace. Nobody decent is allowed to work in decent conditions and nobody decent is able to claim when they need to despite paying into the system for however many years.

I tell you, if i was in charge... scallys better watch out... nothing would be free no more... you want money, then you damn well earn it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links