Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Choices For A Rwd Project ?

AustinAllegro

I have a glimmer of an idea in my head for a new project car.

Details are sketchy at the moment but it has to be rear wheel drive and preferably low key, the sort of car you would never expect to be pulled over for speeding if you know what I mean.

Were any of the Camry's rear wheel drive ?

I found this FWD camry doing a bit of drifting and it got me thinking . . . .

http://media.putfile.com/FWDrift

I was thinking of around early 90's if there are any other suggestions from the Toyota range. Something early enough to avoid having catalytic converters but late enough to be rust free.

Toyota Aristo V300 :D

LS400 :) Proper sleeper, big RWD luxury car. Can pick one up on the cheap for about £1000 or less. The Camry's bigger brother :thumbsup:

btw Have you got an Austin allegro? :lol: My Lotus Esprit has the same door handles :lol:

LS400 :)  Proper sleeper, big RWD luxury car. Can pick one up on the cheap for about £1000 or less. The Camry's bigger brother  :thumbsup:

btw Have you got an Austin allegro?  :lol:  My Lotus Esprit has the same door handles  :lol:

I had one, everybody that !Removed! about handling should try and drive an Allegro at speed and try and maintain a straight line. It died from Tin-Worm, nobody mourned its passing :) Greenpeace held a street party to celebrate I believe.

A Camry is about the right size but I do have Lexus parts in mind, a particular peach of a V8 to be precise.

The LS400 is too much of a barge for me to consider, might as well use my SD1 if i wanted a supertanker to drive round in.

Like I say Aristo V300

Think of it as a GS300..... it is one.. but its got toyota badges and a 3.0 twin turbo lifted from a supra....

mega sleeper!!

failing that, get any GS300... the twin turbo engine drops straight in!

Sorry, got the V8 bug, big laggy turbos just dont float my boat much.

Just parted company with this 03050006.jpg

Sierra with a Rover V8, all the tyre shredding fun you could want

It was fun but a 25yr old engine in a 15yr old Ford isn't ever going to last.

I want to create a similar beast around a Lexus V8. Using a 4 door Toyota

Shell might smooth the way but if theres nothing suitable I'll have to pick from Volvo/Saab/Mercedes/BMW to get started.

:arrgg-matey:

LS400 :)  Proper sleeper, big RWD luxury car. Can pick one up on the cheap for about £1000 or less. The Camry's bigger brother  :thumbsup:

btw Have you got an Austin allegro?  :lol:  My Lotus Esprit has the same door handles  :lol:

I had one, everybody that !Removed! about handling should try and drive an Allegro at speed and try and maintain a straight line. It died from Tin-Worm, nobody mourned its passing :) Greenpeace held a street party to celebrate I believe.

lmao

how about midmounting a rover v8 in a yaris

mmmmmm SD1 me likey

and the sierra nice mate

there is no betterlump than rover v8, the 2jz and 3sgte come close but mmmmm burble burble burble roar nice

Sorry, got the V8 bug, big laggy turbos just dont float my boat much.

I want to create a similar beast around a Lexus V8.  Using a 4 door Toyota

shell might smooth the way but if theres nothing suitable I'll have to pick from Volvo/Saab/Mercedes/BMW to get started.

:arrgg-matey:

Big laggy turbos?? I can tell you have never driven JZ series engine ;)

the lex V8 will fit right in a mk1 GS300..

That late spec V8 (3uzFe) like the rover V8 is all alloy and very light (about 50kg lighter then the rover v8!!!!!) there is a bolt on supervccharger for it and combine the two with suppoerting mods and yoy can run a daily driver reliable 500 bhp woth daft amounts of torque. Being a cross plane V8 it might no have the muscle car lumpy sound, but it is strong and smooth, -and all the better for it!

This is the other engine I am thinking of putting ina mkiii or mkii supra :)

GS300 seems to be auto only, not found a single manual one on ebay/autotrader.

Whilst I still have two functional legs I'll stick to three pedal cars

GS300 seems to be auto only, not found a single manual one on ebay/autotrader.

Whilst I still have two functional legs I'll stick to three pedal cars

Getrag 6-Speed Supra box is a straight swap and the V300 (2jzgte) engine has small sequential turbos which have almost no lag.

Basic power upgrades will see you to 500bhp, stock engine and gearbox will handle in excess of 600bhp. One guy in the states i heard ran 900bhp on a stock engine :thumbsup:

Yup.... if you are serious about swapping engines... I can't see an gearbox swap beign a problem!!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links