Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Quiz Part1 - For The Real Petrol Heads

Leeky

Got emailed these early today, tough ones. Managed to answer them all correct eventually after lots of thinking :D but thought i'd share them. :D

1. Name 3 companies who have used Rotary engines in their production cars (not prototypes). 1 is Mazda - Answered by Fidgits 2 is NSU - Answered by Sotal 3 is apparently FSO

2. Name two companies who have had a car in the 90's with the exact same name out at the exact same time. BMW 323 & Mazda 323

3. Name the French car company who in the early 50's had two engines - One called the 'Flash' and one called the 'Rush'. Answered by Sotal - Simca

4. Name the company that Opel took to court in the late 90's because their badging was thought to be too close to that of their own. Ssangyong

5. Name the second production car to have ABS, not the first ;-) BMW 7 Series

6. What car was advertised on its lauch as being able to run on only 3 wheels. Answered - Citroen DS by Fidgits

7. What is the biggest difference between a Mitsubishi lancer Evo 3 and the Evo 4 other than being a different body. Technically Fidgits is correct with AYC but the answer i got here is the way the engine is put in :wacko:

will post up the 2nd set of questions once i manage to answer them myself :lol:

#1 - mazada, and um... dunno

#5 - Mercedes S class

#6 - Citroen DS

#7 - They introduced a varible power differential to the 4wd system

1 - thats one, and Eunos is the same company by the way so you cant have that as the second - nods at Charlie ;) :)

5 - Wrong

6 - Correct!

7 - Wrong ;)

This is a tough old quiz and google wont help this time :thumbsup:

hmmm... okay.

I think the germans used the rotary (since the inventor was German) - I know it was a company that Audi bought - but cant remember the name...

#2 - would be Chevy and Vauxhall - both having a Cavalier

the Jensen FF was one of the first to have ABS (i think on the uber rare 4WD version) - but i thought it was the first (although the S class is generally reffered to as being the first)

#7 - They introduced a varible power differential to the 4wd system

7 - Wrong ;)

Okay - its the same answer - but i think your looking for the key terminology - did they introduce the 'anti Yaw Control'...?

Not 100% sure if Citroen's ever actually made it to production. I think they did but they bought them back to avaoid having the costs of carrying spares or something like that

Not heard of an NSU motorbike but Norton used Rotary Engines

*edit*

Just done a search and yes NSU did make motorbikes :rolleyes:

1. Mazda and NSU are two of them. Citroen didnt use Rotary in any production cars.

2. Sorry i forgot to mention this is a European car quiz so technically you are right but the actual answer for this quiz was two European released cars. The chevrolet wasnt sold over here :thumbsup:

7. Forget electronic tricks etc. If you look at pictures of the evo outside and INSIDE you will notice a BIG difference to the two cars :thumbsup:

Lee..

Are the answers the ones YOU think they are, or actually correct ones?

and if its european - how come it asks about the Evo?

And if you look at the spec sheets of the Evo III and IV - you will find that AYC was introduced on the IV - so i am factually correct :P

ANSWER TO NUMBER TWO

I know this one straight away......it was fiat and vauxhall.

both had a brava on sale at the same time..

:)

Lee..

Are the answers the ones YOU think they are, or actually correct ones?

and if its european - how come it asks about the Evo?

And if you look at the spec sheets of the Evo III and IV - you will find that AYC was introduced on the IV - so i am factually correct :P

:lol:

No the answers i have are correct, the questions came in an excel spreadsheet, when you answer them correctly they show up. The spreadsheet is too big to post up and im at work at the mo so dont have access to my webspace so just copied the questions in.

Apparently the Evo's were sold in Europe, just not the UK. :thumbsup: haha you are correct about the active YAW control but thats not the answer i have here ;)

ANSWER TO NUMBER TWO

I know this one straight away......it was fiat and vauxhall.

both had a brava on sale at the same time..

No, the Vauxhall Brava is not a car its a Pickup :P :lol:

What about my Jensen FF ABS answer?

Not the car i have here :)

Shall i just post up the answers i have?

email the spreadsheet to me please Lee...

also - if a question has more than 1 correct answer, then a correct answer cannot be incorrect, just because 'its not the one i meant'...

like the cavalier answer, you didnt specify cars sold in European market when you asked the question ;)

email the spreadsheet to me please Lee...

also - if a question has more than 1 correct answer, then a correct answer cannot be incorrect, just because 'its not the one i meant'...

like the cavalier answer, you didnt specify cars sold in European market when you asked the question ;)

Im at work at the mo dude, i'll have to email you it when i get home as its on my home pc. I've just written these in from memory :thumbsup:

261 Citroen M35's were produced with an NSU KKM 500

865 Citroen GS Birotors were made with a KKM 662 Engine in them

Does that not count as production then????

261 Citroen M35's were produced with an NSU KKM 500

865 Citroen GS Birotors were made with a KKM 662 Engine in them

Does that not count as production then????

I guess so, maybe Citroen is a correct answer :unsure:

Im gonna post the answers that i got from the email.

1. Mazda - NSU - FSO

2. BMW 323 & Mazda 323

3. Simca

4. Ssangyong

5. BMW 7 Series

6. Citroen DS

7. Engine Orientation - Evo 1-3 Engine is mounted with cam end to left and Evo4 onwards is mounted the otherway around with cam on right. I only noticed when i found a picture doing a google image search.

Q 2.

audi 100 and rover 100?

rover 200 and nissan 200?

opel and vauxhall both had the calibra(if we are doing european stuff....)

merc 400 and rover 400?

(my brain hurts....!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links