Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

18's On A T-sport?

g3m xr

ok i really wanna go 18's when i change my wheels in the new year but with the t-sport having esp / traction control ect will this be too affected and put it out too much to do 18's and for an easy option should i just go 17's?

help !

A few people have 18's on their T Sport's I believe...but not sure if its a great idea...I know Gary (K19NE G) is taking his off and putting 17's on in the new year....I think having 18's on doesn't do the handling too many favours.. I have my T3 on 17's and its pretty much perfect.. :)

thanks , i was thinking it wouldnt do it n e favours but cant help wishing lol think ill go for 17's and a 35 mm drop !

thanks , i was thinking it wouldnt do it n e favours but cant help wishing lol think ill go for 17's and a 35 mm drop !

That's exactly what I'm doing! :thumbsup: I have the TTE springs (although I only think they're a 30mm drop or 10mm more for the facelift T Sport) and will be getting the 17s the minute I get back from my Xmas hols in Ireland! I can then vouch for either 18s with standard suspension, or 17s with lowered suspension.

Everyone note though that I loved the look of the 18s, but mine were second hand so wobbled a bit, were the wrong offset so stuck out too much and the tyres were actually a lower profile than they were supposed to be!!! :ph34r: As I was telling g3m_xr in a PM, if I had the money to refurb the wheels and re-shod the correct tyres, then I'd probably be VERY happy! :D

yeh thanks for replying to that !

mmmm think id prefere to get the supsension a bit lower then having an extra inch of wheel !

i was looking at spax springs , theres are a 35 mm drop , cantr find a supplier for tte ones !

yeh thanks for replying to that !

mmmm think id prefere to get the supsension a bit lower then having an extra inch of wheel !

i was looking at spax springs , theres are a 35 mm drop , cantr find a supplier for tte ones !

hi,

ive just fitted 17" bk racing 299s to my cts, its lowered 35mm on Pi springs too. it looks the buisness now. will try and get some photos on here for you.

:thumbsup: bert

18's would go on no bother at all and you would get great grip as they are wider than 17's. However the price of tyres is much more, if i was you a would go for 18's.

i have my 2005 t-sport fitted 215-35-19 wheels and car is lowered -50mm,with tte full suspensionkit! wheels are 7,5x19 and et40,sorry my english is not good :D

19's :o post some pics up would love to see that !

thanks for all your adivce ! still gotta bout a month to decide , one thing swaying me the wheels i want one of my mates have in stock ready to go but are size 17's ! so i dunno , might have to go for the safe option lol

I had spax lowering springs on mine, there fine, they lower the car a little, it still sat to high though, and although the ride was ok, it crashed over big bumps, as hte suspension was no longer damping correctly, and the handling was only marginally better than stock, but worse over rough roads.

tottally depends what your looking for though, i push mine pretty hard, and found coilovers to be the only way i could get the ride height and handling i wanted.

And i've since changed back from 17's to the stock 16's, personally, i prefer the 16's.

19's  :o  post some pics up would love to see that !

thanks for all your adivce ! still gotta bout a month to decide , one thing swaying me the wheels i want one of my mates have in stock ready to go but are size 17's ! so i dunno , might have to go for the safe option lol

what do you think to these?

Captured2005-12-900015.jpg

Captured2005-12-900009.jpg

Captured2005-12-900003.jpg

cts.jpg

:thumbsup: bert.

that sits nice, not my styke of wheel tho , like how uve added the t[sport under the indicator!

what size they then ?

that sits nice, not my styke of wheel tho , like how uve added the t[sport under the indicator!

what size they then ?

hi,

they are 17" . the tyres are 215/45/17.

its lowered 35 mm on Pi prings too..

as i havent found tte springfs easy to come by think im going for either spax or pi springs , cant really afford coilovers which is a shame !

as i havent found tte springfs easy to come by think im going for either spax or pi springs , cant really afford coilovers which is a shame !

TTE stuff is from your maindealer ;)

TTE stuff is from your maindealer ;)

http://www.toys4cars.biz/shop/index.php?ma...roducts_id=4886

try this link, i got my springs from here... TTE are too expensive :thumbsup:

cheers !

i agree tte is expensive but wanted to keep it mainly tte / trd dtuff but think my bank balance gonna make me go bit cheaper for the springs lol

cheers !

i agree tte is expensive but wanted to keep it mainly tte / trd dtuff but think my bank balance gonna make me go bit cheaper for the springs lol

i bought some TTE springs on eBay about a month ago, got it for £99 which isnt bad. check eBay every now and then. havnt got thw springs fitted yet, ive got the TTE front spoiler and rear spoiler, so im currently saving up for them to b sprayed and ill fit them myself, bcos the workshop quoted me £150 to b fitted :!Removed!: so im gonna fit it myself, bcos its an easy job. then after ill find a place to fit my springs :rolleyes:

im looking at eBay all the time for both trd and tte stuff , as i too want the front and rear spoiler ! does the rear spoiler have space for a twin exhuast tho ?

cheers !

i bought some TTE springs on eBay about a month ago, got it for £99 which isnt bad. check eBay every now and then. havnt got thw springs fitted yet, ive got the TTE front spoiler and rear spoiler, so im currently saving up for them to b sprayed and ill fit them myself, bcos the workshop quoted me £150 to b fitted :!Removed!: so im gonna fit it myself, bcos its an easy job. then after ill find a place to fit my springs :rolleyes:

Yeah I can't understand how a garage can justify £150 for fitting of something so simple!

As for eBay; I bought my TTE springs (£82 incl postage), TTE exhaust (£135 incl postage), genuine Toyota T Sport mats (£30 incl postage) and genuine Toyota T Sport keyring (£6 incl postage) on eBay! :D Saved a fortune! :thumbsup:

what size they then ?

hi,

they are 17" . the tyres are 215/45/17.

its lowered 35 mm on Pi prings too..

Is this the recommended tyre size for the T Sport Bert? I always thought it was 40 profile tyres? :blink:

Is this the recommended tyre size for the T Sport Bert? I always thought it was 40 profile tyres?  :blink:

I also thought that the standard profile for 17s was 40 :huh:

Is this the recommended tyre size for the T Sport Bert? I always thought it was 40 profile tyres?  :blink:

I also thought that the standard profile for 17s was 40 :huh:

well , i worked it out on a tyre calculator i found online... 205/45/17 make your speedo read 0.8% fast and 215/45/17 make your speedo 0.8% slow. so when your doing 60mph on speedo car is actually doing 59.5mph... and vice versa... to have 40 profile, think the tyre has to be 235/40/17... which i think is too wide... rub on the shock maybe? any comments??? :thumbsup:

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

im looking at ebay all the time for both trd and tte stuff , as i too want the front and rear spoiler ! does the rear spoiler have space for a twin exhuast tho ?

When i said rear spoiler i meant the roof spoiler, sorry should of explained it betta. ive already got rear skirts on my car standard.

ive also been looking for trd stuff on eBay, i wanna get the trd strut, but it neva appears on eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links