Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Piggy Back Ecu Chip

terry steward

Totally agree with Karma, don't try fudging it by adding electronics, as there is an underlying problem, as the lex/550 mod should run, without anything.

Terry, are you a hands on bloke?? cause it's going to get expensive to have garages to try all this stiff (i'm a tight wad lol)

I've had personal experience with the Turbosmart bov, that'll see you alright, but if you have a HKS SSQV I wouldn't bother changing it.

Whereabouts in the world are you, maybe a couple of us unemployed layabouts on here (you know who you are ;) ) could come and have a look.

Edit----can see your in essex, not too far from me.

That would be great, im not a hands on fella,if i need something done,i leave it to the experts, and just get some gigs to get the cash together, my expertise you see is in the guitar talents, and can entertain a pub full of people for 2/3 hours, but put a screwdriver or a spanner in my hand, im useless !! i can solder though, and generally repair my own guitars and amps. i live in benfleet near canvey island, my number should anyone want to call is 01268 759719, or 07881 906290 mob, thanks very much, terry

My advice would be, take the HKS sytem out of the loop for now.

there is no wat the car should ahve been running lean just running the lex afm and 550s. there is another underlying problem, trying to mask the sympoms by fitting added management stuff is not fixing it!!!

I would suggest you remove any management changes, remove the bleed valve, just run the injectors and lex afm.

At this point reset the ECU, and check for error codes.

When was the lambda sensor last changed? Untill the engine is running properly in a "basic" factory setup, it should not be modified further!!! You have some nice kit there, no point in throwing it all away because an underlying problem is not treated properly!!!

You say its running lean, how lean, where in the rev range and at what boost????

I wouldnt know how to reset the ecu or read the error codes, and i am not sure what rev range the leaness is at, i know that at idle it is low, but improved with the stnd afm with the hks was put on by 1 point?? whatever that means, my boost on the bleed valve is set to 15psi, but with the upgraded intercooler, losses arent as much as with standard. i dont know when the lamda sensor was last changed, probably never, i have also recently won on e bay, an upper ic pipe with the flange for the ssqv to be fitted, and an air screw for the lexus afm, im just trying to arm myself with the various bits and pieces to get the problem sorted, and will eventually have a mass e bay clear out !! once it is sorted. and i know whats staying on the car, !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links