Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Snorkel Driving

redneckracing

hi all,

i know driving with a snorkel off-road is the way to go especially with some amphibious type manoeuvres, but what plus sides does it have for regular driving on roads, if any at all. does the extra fresh air really enhance the engines performance in a diesel on the road. :thumbsup: B) :unsure:

hi all,

i know driving with a snorkel off-road is the way to go especially with some amphibious type manoeuvres, but what plus sides does it have for regular driving on roads, if any at all. does the extra fresh air really enhance the engines performance in a diesel on the road. :thumbsup: B) :unsure:

Ive heard some myths weather they are true or not im not sure, one of the ones i have heard is thats if you fit a snorkel and face it into the oncoming air/wind whislt driving it increases the power :unsure: maybe by doing this its pressurising the air by a small amount but i would have thought that the air pre-cleaner wouldnt allow this effect to happen.

But without seeing any proof of this i would take all these myths with a pinch of salt.

But if your doing any major off roading with deep water crossings then a snorkel is a must

Also remember if your going to fit a snorkel to do water crossings also get some pipe on your diff breathers and get them above the level of water your crossing :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links