Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Summons

vmail

not trying to be harsh mate but if you speed sooner or later your going to get caught but you say you was keeping up with the traffic but if they all drove off a bridge would you still do the same and thats how the courts would look at it.

and if you say i didnt see the 30mph sign thats driving without due care and attention too.

Id pay the fine and take the points.

From personal experience :(

I was caught speeding, recieved notification through the post about it about 3 years ago.

I could either accept the fine and 3 points or I could contest it and go too court, but in going to court to contest is dodgy, :rolleyes: It could go either way eg, the judge could give you more points and a higher fine or mebbe even a ban depending on individual circumstances or it could be thrown out of court due to insufficient evidence or protocol not being adhered too.

IMO I would take the 3 points and pay the fine. :thumbsup:

Did you get the summons straight away Vmail???????? just seems odd tis all

caught on 6th Sept

summons arrived 20th March (dated 3rd March), other documents that came with the summons is dated 13th March

All sounds a bit odd to me. Just out of interest, did you receive a notice of prosecution and a conditional offer of fixed penalty? If so, what did you do with them?

If you want to contest the charge, head over to Pepipoo and get advice from them. They know their stuff.

Otherwise plead guilty, I'm pretty sure you won't have to go to court then so it won't matter if you're not in the country on the court date.

I use 2 simple rules that seem to have worked great for me till i got the tubby and started to cream road occasionaly

1) Never speed in areas i dont know well

2) Never be the fastest thing on the road anywhere for any given conditions

the first is protection against static gatsos etc, and its still necessary to be mindful of places police like to shadilly hide. the second is a kind of anti target approach - if theres a copper about theyll likely go after the fastest travelling vehicle(the one most dangerous). These rules (tho some luck most likely has been involved) have kept me safe for a very long time with a nice clean license. I know statistical probabilities means im gonna get done sometime and ill be laughing inside most likely cos it took them so long but..... those rules have done me right....

All sounds a bit odd to me. Just out of interest, did you receive a notice of prosecution and a conditional offer of fixed penalty? If so, what did you do with them?

If you want to contest the charge, head over to Pepipoo and get advice from them. They know their stuff.

Otherwise plead guilty, I'm pretty sure you won't have to go to court then so it won't matter if you're not in the country on the court date.

I will have to check the paper work on Sunday I left them in Hull. conditional offer of fixed penalty, is that the £60 thingy

Yeah the notice of intended prosecution is the one that you (in theory) have to fill in and tell them who was driving (confess to this crime or we'll charge you with not confessing to the crime...) and the conditional offer of fixed penalty is the one that says give us £60 and we'll give you 3 points on your licence :)

V mail I would have though you were the type to know all the loopholes off by heart ;)

V mail I would have though you were the type to know all the loopholes off by heart ;)

I have no idea what you talking about, there nothing wrong with taking advantage of companies

caught on 6th Sept

summons arrived 20th March (dated 3rd March), other documents that came with the summons is dated 13th March

Have i got this right? ..... 6 months between offence and summons.... :huh: Someones taking the wee out of you my boy. I was under the impression that you had to be notified of the intention to prosecute within 3 weeks or something. Not six months.

is the intention to prosecute the document that say ok go to court we will contact you soon

I thought that Daktari, but I heard the plod extended it to summit silly like 6 or 12 months...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links