Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Issue

Woody27

Yeh underseat sub was definitely noticeable when I only had the front Speakers. Back 6 by 9's add a lot more bass, of a similar quality. However, I often find they muddy the sound for non-bassy bits, so if you're just looking for extra bass but want to retain quality go for underseat.

Also it's not chav bass, it just adds an extra dimension to the music.

Got mine for £100 from eBay, and very pleased with it - got plenty of bass and plenty of boot room!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• ssk2

• Yaris SR Kid

• seveer unaek

haha good review!

Ill see if i can find an audio shop in Reading which has one to listen to before i splash out on a fli sub, cos i like my boot space lol!

Lol they make the Sub fitment sound easy so may have another go tomoz! I look for that hole where can get hand in to pull cable from door sill across. When you get behind dash is it literally just get the cable from HU to sill however you can? supposedly try to follow existing cables if possible? O and the earthing point near the rear lights is hard to find! :P I've been told you take suspension cap off and pull plastic :wacko: I cant see it and thats a huge bit of plastic to remove to get to it! Want it earthed there really as its a proper earth point!

But yeah should be exciting trying to get sub in! Atm i have a 17" old CRT PC monitor, the tower, scanner, beer crate, fuel canister, torch, keyboard, cables and the wiring for sub all in boot with seats slid forward but still not touching parcel shelf :P not bad imo! Anyone wana buy a DVD slot for PC, CDRW, flatbed scanner without drivers, 17" CRT PC screen etc :P Give me shout! If not i strip them further and just sell key bits on eBay me thinks! No point binning it imo! May have to empty my old toy garage and bin the action men etc for the new toys :P Plus im building up a parts bin slowly from bits off yaris :P

Lol that does sound pretty good! Sub seems quite hard to do im gonna do a few exterior bits first as sound is still !Removed! good without sub!

I am starting to built up parts bin for yaris aswell lol o well might need it when time comes to sell it on!

Well hardest jobs most satisfying :D Will have go tomorrow but depends how much i can be bothered to do as supposed to be revising for physiscs so probably good incentive to install sub :D Let us know what else you have planned as may nick ideas :D

haha good luck mate! I think im gonna put on the brows DaveSR has offered me, get some new number plates off www.fancyplates.com because mine have toyota written all over them, then drive to your house soon and you can help me fit a black sun strip across my windscreen :D lol!

Then at end of month when i get paid put these on http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-YARIS-SIDE-SK...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ah, you have a job! Was wondering how you were able to fork out so much on so much stuff :|.

Most teenagers (like myself) are broke.

Also, I've been rejected by more places than I can think of...

Oh well, I'll just marry a rich girl!

Lol it took me 6 months to get a job of solid handing out CV's, i only had one interview and got the job, good old john lewis!

Yeah i am kinda broke at the moment, rich girl sounds good idea!

What else have you done to your car ssk2 mate?

Lol they make the Sub fitment sound easy so may have another go tomoz! I look for that hole where can get hand in to pull cable from door sill across. When you get behind dash is it literally just get the cable from HU to sill however you can? supposedly try to follow existing cables if possible? O and the earthing point near the rear lights is hard to find! :P I've been told you take suspension cap off and pull plastic :wacko: I cant see it and thats a huge bit of plastic to remove to get to it! Want it earthed there really as its a proper earth point!

That earthing point at the back...

Look for the lump on the right (or left!) hand side and it has a kind of cap on it. I think it has a slot to prise it off. Once that's off, look in the hole and you can see some other wires bolted on. I think I also had to partially remove the big panel that goes from the corner of the boot, around to the side. From what I remember there were 2 of those plastic twisty screw things and possibly one other screw, as well as some of those white pop-off clips. I just did it enough to reach behind it. Oh yeah, there is a little panel that opens to get to the rear lights but it's no help :P

It seems a bit daunting but once you get started it all makes sense. You just yank panels off as you go :)

Not done huge amounts to my car, it's mainly ice - got an Alpine SWD 1600 Underseat sub, and Sony CDX-F7750S headunit which I fitted myself (coming to £250), plus all the various adapters (£60 ish), bought Clarky's old stealth shelf at £40 and put some Alpine 6 by 9's in and had the front Speakers upgraded to components. The rear Speakers + components cost £200 to get done by a local car audio shop - I didn't fancy cutting the holes in the old stealth shelf (the Speakers he had were 12.5 cm ones before) and was afraid of the wiring (but I could prolly do it myself now). Components - I wanted better sound, but didn't really want to face up to hiding the crossover somewhere.

Paid for all that by selling a megaload of old junk on eBay and the old Yaris cd player - that got £100 on eBay!! Also a bit of birthday money went in there...

All the rest is stock, I've painted my callipers, and got a new gearknob, tax disc holder, new wheel nuts because old ones broke off (luckily my dad paid for those).

If I get a job soon I'm hoping to get better speakers - got enough bass and whatnot, but speakers can't really handle rock music that well, they work better on stuff like Gorillaz (like music that has defined beats etc.), but not so much on detailed music...

Yeah thats kl i found earthing point but can see my loosing the nut down side! Hexa-dB, with the remote wire, how do i connect the remote wire to the HU's output for it as you had same HU and the connectors still on the end so trying to figure out how you did it :wacko: It's !Removed! hot today! But having good fun getting dirty fitting sub :P Gettin power from Battery into car was hard! I instead went underneat and through a grommet in the floor of the passenger footwell! God only know how you lot managed to get your hands up behind the passengers airbag to get the wire through the other grommet! Crazy handed people!

Yeah thats kl i found earthing point but can see my loosing the nut down side! Hexa-dB, with the remote wire, how do i connect the remote wire to the HU's output for it as you had same HU and the connectors still on the end so trying to figure out how you did it :wacko: It's !Removed! hot today! But having good fun getting dirty fitting sub :P Gettin power from battery into car was hard! I instead went underneat and through a grommet in the floor of the passenger footwell! God only know how you lot managed to get your hands up behind the passengers airbag to get the wire through the other grommet! Crazy handed people!

Getting it through that grommet was a pain. A bendy bit of wire (like a straightened wire coat hanger) tied to it, some careful poking (ooer) and a mate with his arm up behind the glovebox did it in the end.

Did you get my text about the remote wire?

In case you didn't...

I think I had to change a connector to fit it. I thought I'd changed it on the remote wire but must have done it at the HU end instead. I remember it being a slight problem but I can't quite remember what I did :rolleyes: It's only a single wire to connect to it's not too tricky.

Yeah i fitted all the wiring now i literally got to just plug it up. Easy except i gota pick something to do with that remote cable. I got leccy knowledge and could do it i just aint got the tools here! I will have to think of someway to get that cable onto other one. Other than that i literally just gotta attach to sub and attach to Battery :D Feels really satisfying! Lol did it all by myself which was tricky! :P All wire nice and neat and had virtually every side panel off the car inside :P

Cheers for all you help guys!

O and Yaris SR kid, i aint even fitted my sunstrip yet as you really need two people to do it but yeah would help ya still :P O and i give you hand with a sub fitment if you get one/want it.

Yeh, fitting a sub is satisfying hehe. For the remote on connection for the sub, I had bullet connectors (I think they're called?) and my headunit pushed straight onto my sub's cable...

Did have a bit of a mare at first because I was trying to connect it to the attenuate cable, lol! (That basically mutes it...)

Lol yeah i found another remote cable that DID have right connector so went in fine :D It's now fully in and sounds AWESOME! I have only done lil warm up trial of it and been nowhere near max bass and its deffo bassy enough :D just gota tweak the stereo settings now to get the quality right by getting right frequencies going everywhere properly etc. Best do a bit of physics revision now before shower and work :o :P

Lol yeah i found another remote cable that DID have right connector so went in fine :D It's now fully in and sounds AWESOME! I have only done lil warm up trial of it and been nowhere near max bass and its deffo bassy enough :D just gota tweak the stereo settings now to get the quality right by getting right frequencies going everywhere properly etc. Best do a bit of physics revision now before shower and work :o :P

Woohoo! Well done :thumbsup:

I miss my FLI :( Can I have it back? :P

Lol sod that after the mission of installing it! :o We still alright bout that fascia? when shal i pm you bought payment?

Lol sod that after the mission of installing it! :o We still alright bout that fascia? when shal i pm you bought payment?

Yep, can you PM me your address again? I'll get it packaged and sent asap (might have to be on the weekend though).

By the way - T-Sport grille with the horned Badge looks great :)

Lol isn't a tax disc holder :wacko: I dont have any tax as its Off the road :P its just the stuff that came on it that i aint sure whether to remove or not as dunno if i'm in club toyota or still with AA etc :P

Lol isn't a tax disc holder :wacko: I dont have any tax as its Off the road :P its just the stuff that came on it that i aint sure whether to remove or not as dunno if i'm in club toyota or still with AA etc :P

What are you waiting for boy????

Debadge the back and get the sticker out of the windscreen - and unless you brought your car from Mr T you won't be in any club

However I suggest you join up to club toyota as it's a good deal (Unless you already have cover with your insurance)

By the way - T-Sport grille with the horned badge looks great :)

Doesn't it just? :yes:

Yes, I'm liking that a lot. Nice job, Woody.

By the way - T-Sport grille with the horned badge looks great :)

Doesn't it just? :yes:

Yes, I'm liking that a lot. Nice job, Woody.

Thanks :D Got some eyebrows and need to respray them though as ones a bit bobbley but not sure what to do about them. I think i may spray inside lights black to match the grill first then fit them to get aggressive red and black theme running :D

looks nice woody! I think ill pop down to yours and we can both do sunstrips together?! were did you get yours from?

Your Ice sounds good ssk2!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links