Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Issue

Woody27

how can you say you are a better driver, when you effed up first time and now you drive a diesel. Sorry Dave

Have you seen him drive ?!?! someone best tell him that there are more than 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear :lol: ....... and I didn't eff up on my test - it's just that my driving instructor didn't like me much :( and they wanted a new plasma TV in the office. But I'll let you off as you can spell diesel correctly

:lol: PMSL @ Seveer :lol:

Drivers that pass first time are 30% more likely to have a crash in there first year than people who pass 2nd time......

FACT :thumbsup:

:lol: ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• ssk2

• Yaris SR Kid

• seveer unaek

Drivers that pass first time are 30% more likely to have a crash in there first year than people who pass 2nd time......

FACT :thumbsup:

:lol: ;)

60% of statistics are plucked from the sky. :P

nah, that cant be true. Does that then mean that you are 70% more chance in crashing in the first year if you FAILED more than once?

it's just that my driving instructor didn't like me much

That seems to be a common excuse, driving instructor didnt like me either but I still passed first time. LOL

Vmail - nah, it means that if you are 40% likely to have a crash in your first year after failing just once, then you are 70% more likely to have a crash in your first year after passing first time. I.e., take whatever figure for second test people and add 30%...

I imagine it goes down quite steeply after this, for all those numpties who have to take their test 5 or 6 times!

Correction - goes up quite steeply! (i.e. They're more likely to have a crash)

OK so i failed my test n you guys start arguing :wacko: I just wana pass, i don't care what relevance people want to draw from how many times it takes me! Aslong as i am a safe driver at the end (will take pass plus and advanced road courses as my dad knows peeps i can do with for free)

I basically just NEED to pass before JAE!

I basically just NEED to pass before JAE!

OR............bring your dad with you ;) :D .............................as qualified driver

Lol might be better? what car does your dad have woody?

he bought you an SR as your first car so he should have a beast!

If he has a BMW dont bother replying....thankyou lol!

Lol he just bought a brand new skoda fabia VRs today :P not really a beast :P he drives loadsa cars for work though so he just needs this to get him around as he does like 20k miles a year so wants good mpg but fun.

But yeah aint bringin dad as i gota get down to cornwall that sunday to go with gf n her rents! If i aint passed i gotta go down with gfs rents on the friday so miss JAE altogether :o

Today fitted door Speakers and painted calipers :D All standard system replaced now and hopefully sub to come :D

lol seveer i ain't saying i'm a better driver!

Dint say you were... it's other people who say that because they failed they're better... that makes no logical sense at all!

Have you seen him drive ?!?! someone best tell him that there are more than 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear :lol: .......

:lol: PMSL @ Seveer :lol:

You talking to me??!!

Talking_to_me.jpg

I can drive very well... i just choose not to most of the time! :lol:

Didn't see the point in starting a new thread for one question so thought i would spam my own :P

Does anyone else with aftermarket door Speakers find that on the last inch where the window goes down that it catches on the window? I find that when i put down my windows the last inch is really scrapey and is reluctant to go down. This is only after fitting my after market door Speakers so i know it is that my Speakers go back too far (even with the spacers!) I guess the only way around this is to make a space to go with the current one? Anyone else had this problem? It's pioneer E-motions i have fitted btw.

When I got my Speakers I had the guy check that there would be enough space in the door - I think they were fine. But after I had them installed, the windows would judder going up and down, which I should was because of the Speakers. It was actually because the electric window switch had snapped or something, so no contact going through :-\.

I guess your windows are prolly catching tho'.

Yeah they fine all the way down except that last lil bit! Meh i never have windows that low anyway but still a bit of a bugger! They will go all the way down but as its scraping i dont want to push my luck!

I have pioneer e motions in doors as well so i used spacers and washers and it seems to fix scrapping now! Get Alpine type S 6x9's woody really round the sound off and give you that extra needed bass!

Yeah need a little more bass and was actually looking at them :o But i have instead just bought a 10" FLI Active sub which should give me a punchy bass without costing me too much :) So you made a spacer to go with the spacers already to stop them touching? What you make it out of and where'd you put it? (i.e. between speaker and spacer or spacer and door?)

Awesome thats EXACTLY the one i bought from there and everything :P But yeah will add some washers in then? just one small washer? Yeh got a 10" FLI active sitting in room waiting for mate to help me fit sometime :P I got it second hand at a good price but brand new like £80 for just sub. I got 10" as i like my bass punchy but u may be worth the 12" as you got punchyness from 6*9s.

haha quality, yeah i just used 3 or 4 small washers and it did the tick mate! stole them off my dad! genius! I saw it in the dreaded shop "halfords" but was £130, but cant find one second hand anywere, i would want 10" one as it saves the boot! Your going to pass your test then not be able to concentrate cos of ur music being so loud haha!

6*9's in the back was good enough with the windows up ..... But they weren't "Hey look at me with the loud music" B)

:lol::lol:

*BTW base wise/powered by the OEM HU

Yeah a sub would just take strain of bass off my 6x9's and uprated dash and door Speakers.

Mine is actually !Removed! loud, i didnt really notice until i went to post a letter today and left sound/car running!

Lol yeah i was gona go for 6*9s but sub was cheaper with more bass so made sense. My Pioneer Emotions give me great upfront quality and volume but the 17cm's dont have as much bass as i want so a sub for a good price was the answer. Type R's were £60 a while ago from a site and should of got them on that offer but would have needed to amp them, another £50 atleast, get a wiring kit, about £20 odd for decent one, and then go to hassle of making a stealth shelf or buy one off here for like £30. Well thats £160 there for a set of 6*9s decent sounding! Sub cost me £75 so made more sense!

Yeah i will try that with washers then mate cheers :D O and will dig up that sub for you in a min! Yeah aint with wiring kit but nor is the Halfords one :P

O quick thing, dont you own those Type S's that are just a bass speaker? Would of thought they produce good bass! Glad i didnt buy them then as sub should be bassy enough and i would perhaps want coaxial rears to give some decent sound to rear seaters :P (IF i was to bother)

EDIT: Here is the site for the 10" FLI for £80 and delivery is around a tenner from them. Then go in local car audio place and pick up a wiring kit for £20 and jobs a good'un! Beats going to Halfords and paying £150 including wiring!

O yeah and this sub fits in with seats fully back facing towards boot lid and back touching the seat itself which leaves loads of space! Will be pushed to find a sub that fits with the space left and still creates proper bass!

Cheers for that mate appreciated, its out of stock at the mo tho :(

The type S's i got are 3 way, but i think the type R's are just bass and tweeter!

Yeh thats wat drawed me to sub, decent quality for not loads of money and fits nicely in what toyota cheekily called a boot lol!

I forgot about wiring kit actually! tht means ill have to feed a wire through tht gromet, now thats going to be fun! lol

Yeah mine aint wired yet and aint looking forward to it tbh! Got a basic run through of it but its a lot of unclipping trim and threading through from engine bay etc :wacko: Meh i'm sure me and a mate will have some fun doin it! When i get it in will let you know get piccies etc!

I put an underseat sub in, assume it's not too much more difficult - grommet is a bit homo, just poke your finger through, and then use your other hand to push a wire along your finger...lol.

As for hiding wiring, theres a panel at the boot which clips off and lets you pull wiring through the side of the car, from the end of the door sill. Door sill is easy to take off, I got worried taking mine off because it needs a fair bit of force, but I think it's okay... then theres just another panel which takes your wire to bottom of the dash. >Sorted<

Yeah go do it woody mate and then get pics and if ya mess up tell me why and i wont make same mistake haha no its appreciated cheers!

Lol what happens if my finger gets stuck :|

is an underseat sub any good, i have never heard one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links