Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Issue

Woody27

Hey all!

My Pioneer HU and front Speakers are in with doors still to do but i just wanted to check something with you lot first.

I like my music quite loud and noticed the other night and today that when my music is on about 35 out of 50 (i think max of 50 but aint found out yet :P), when the bass kicks in the interior lights and lighting of my HU dims slightly. I know its the extra draw of power for the bass as happens in time with the bass :P (lol kind of thing a chav would think is wicked :P) Does anyone else get this? I was just a bit concerned as dont know if it will dim my headlights etc in the same way when i have my music loud? Also i haven't installed the uprated door Speakers yet and plan to add a sub so when i have all this powered will it get worse? Is this a sign for the need of a power cap? If so where does the power cap go? It's just a big capacitor right so close to the Battery as possible?

O and having my music quieter is not an option :P

Cheers all!

Woody

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• ssk2

• Yaris SR Kid

• seveer unaek

Was that with the engine on or off?

I've never really noticed that on mine - presumably your h/u outputs at 50W / channel?

I've got a sub as well as the headunit, so I'm not sure.

I imagine it would be okay with engine running? Might also need to top up your Battery because (I think) the current tends to drop off quite a bit as they get near empty.

Good point engine was off! May be solved with engine on! Will try sometime. Cheers mate :thumbsup:

It's because your car is sat in the garage not being used except to have it's electrics fiddled! Good luck trying to start the engine soon! :lol::thumbsup:

Hey not my fault i aint had chance to pass yet! :( First test (lol probably shouldn't call it first) is on friday :o Sucks as i got my AS levels atm. I got exam monday tuesday wednesday, got driving lessons monday thursday and friday! So should be busy stressful week :(

O and engine is turned on every now and then so i can rev it....oops :P

Hey not my fault i aint had chance to pass yet! :( First test (lol probably shouldn't call it first) is on friday :o Sucks as i got my AS levels atm. I got exam monday tuesday wednesday, got driving lessons monday thursday and friday! So should be busy stressful week :(

O and engine is turned on every now and then so i can rev the balls off it....oops :P

Wait until you have to do a job sunshine. That's stressful. Young scallywags and students havn't got a clue about hard work until they get a proper job. Where you HAVE to be in 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I tell thee, these young 'uns! P.S. AS-levels are easy-peesy... you'll be fine.

Oh, turning engine on, then revving, then turning off will wear the Battery out rather quickly. Not to mention the stress on a cold engine the revving causes.

Pass the damned test and get driving it!

Lol yeah i usually leave it ticking over aswell not just on-rev-off! I do care for it! But yeah my AS levels are hard as my school thinks we have to do sooo much work etc this year! I'm doing A2's in with the AS's and its maths first which is not the easiest :P

Got 2 maths tomorrow, 2 electronics tues, 2 applied maths wed :(

But yeh i wana pass already believe me! I hope i do pass fri! Bit nervous tbh!

O and engine is turned on every now and then so i can rev the balls off it....oops :P

Wait until you have to do a job sunshine. That's stressful. Young scallywags and students havn't got a clue about hard work until they get a proper job. Where you HAVE to be in 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I tell thee, these young 'uns! P.S. AS-levels are easy-peesy... you'll be fine.

Oh, turning engine on, then revving, then turning off will wear the Battery out rather quickly. Not to mention the stress on a cold engine the revving causes.

Pass the damned test and get driving it!

Hahahaha ... You try doin a 5 page essay in two hours on economic differences ... Then tell me it isnt stressful or hard !!!!! :P

Hahahaha ... You try doin a 5 page essay in two hours on economic differences ... Then tell me it isnt stressful or hard !!!!! :P

I've been there... it's not that hard!

15,000 word assignment on computer history including all systems and communications was a bit of a b*tch!

I agree - a-levels suck.

I'd much rather be working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week - its so much easier!

Its effort doing hours worth of revision every day at home :-s.

Yeh Economics sucks, thank god I don't need a grade in it! Its all about the key element - "bs", managed to scrape my way through AS-Level with that anyway :D.

M3 tomorrow, Physics Practical Tues, and S3 Wed!

G'luck everyone else :thumbsup:!

Unlucky S3 the only one with coursework :P I got S1 D1 wed :( D1 sucks hard! But yeah just C1/C2 tomorrow but aint that good at pure maths! Got C3 sometime after half term and that is my worst nightmare!

Good luck everyone!

Haha you kids :P

Yep I used to worry about passing exams .......

However at work failing stuff costs money and then you have your boss to deal with :rolleyes:

My parents I could deal with, a boss is a different matter :lol:

Good luck to all doing exams, fortunately at uni i don't have any finals or owt :D

Good luck with test too woody, will hopefully meet all of you guys soon. (even though i am an ex-yaris owner)

Nick

I'm working full time, and also doing Open University which they recommend 2 hours a day per course - I'm doing 2 courses this year!!!! PLUS we're moving house in 2 weeks!!!! AAAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!

I'd much rather be working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week - its so much easier!

ive done both :) and try 12 hr days, 6 days a week :) thats fun :) even more fun if its 6pm till 6am :P

now get back on topic (just saving kimi the effort :P)

Heh, I like working though, I'm not much of an independant studier - I prefer having a task to work on and just working straight through it, even if it takes a long time.

My dad's something of a workaholic too, so I suppose thats where I get it from.

No topic anymore, I think we've solved it :P.

I agree - a-levels suck.

Its effort doing hours worth of revision every day at home :-s.

Yeh Economics sucks, thank god I don't need a grade in it! Its all about the key element - "bs", managed to scrape my way through AS-Level with that anyway :D.

M3 tomorrow, Physics Practical Tues, and S3 Wed!

G'luck everyone else :thumbsup:!

Revison?? Whats that?? I did about an hour revision for my maths GCSE, that's it. Still passed all my exams.

ive done both :) and try 12 hr days, 6 days a week :) thats fun :) even more fun if its 6pm till 6am :P

now get back on topic (just saving kimi the effort :P)

I once did 18 days straight at makro, 4 of which were nights a bank holiday and every day was about 10 hours! I had a very nice paycheck that month though! :lol::thumbsup:

But yeah, back on topic... drive the car fool! Or get a charger on the Battery.

First time you drive it (i.e. when you pass) you'll need to take it for a nice long drive with no electrics on to get the Battery charged up properly.

!Removed! hell! Where you going and what to study? I just done C1/C2 today and didn't like it much! Was ok but not my fav! Drivin lesson at 4 then revision ready for 2 electronics tomoz afternoon! Can't beat a busy teenage lifestyle :P

Lol.

My sister did C1 + C2 today, she didn't like it at all either :s.

With any luck I'm going to Cambridge to study Computer Science.

Or the more likely scenario, Imperial College for same course :D.

I'd kick myself if I didn't get my grades for Cambridge...would be really stupid of me!

I did M1 maths today that was pretty hard!

My HU lights do dim on high bass but headlights and other interior lights dont!

Revison?? Whats that?? I did about an hour revision for my maths GCSE, that's it. Still passed all my exams.

Good man! :thumbsup: I did about two hours for my A level (at college) after being told a day before that my previous qualification no longer gave me exclusion to the exam! Turned out to be a multiple choice Maths paper!!?? Never heard of such a thing! I got 98% for 15mins of work! :lol: Oh, and I'm s**t at maths! :lol: :lol:

I dream of doing exams. Compared to rushing to get a software/hardware app (to be used by the general public in restaurants - fun :rolleyes: ) finished in time for national release with a patent application to keep up with too... That's stress. I now have grey hairs coming. No, really, I do! :(

O and engine is turned on every now and then so i can rev it....oops :P

Best of luck for Friday!!

The way I got through my test was by telling myself it was just like a driving lesson - I just had to drive for half an hour without f-cking up too badly!

I managed it somehow with 5 driver faults. I couldn't believe it when they told me I'd passed! (I was mega-stressed because I'd just moved house and needed to pass my test to get to work!!)

:thumbsup:

Heh, besides, even if you don't pass, all good drivers pass second time (at least the new test... yes we all know it was easier when anyone over 25 took it lol!).

Good luck for the test, just make sure you get on with the examiner and engage them in conversation. That way they pay slightly less attention to your driving!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links