Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goodnight Steve...

TheNissanMan

As much as dangling his baby near a croc doesnt appeal to me whatsoever... no one can deny he was a brilliant man, he made conservation fun, children and adults alike loved him and respected him - and he in turn loved and respected the animals he came into contact with.

Not to mention all the work he has done to save crocodiles from the actual crocodile hunters. He has made people aware of these amazing creatures and showed how to respect them.

He will always be remembered with a smile on his face talking with great passion about his loves.... the animals he encountered. I will always remember him with a smile on my face - he made me laugh!

Regardless of talking about what he did that may have been wrong (and thank god no harm came to his son) lets remember him for the amazing things he did - and remember his grieving family. My thoughts are with his wife and two small children at this time.

RIP Steve

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reece

• Demonic Angel

• Kev Mc

• cfc1

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of any mistakes he may have made (we all do) the guy will be remembered as a Legend.

I'm sure his family will be annoyed and upset in the way he died but he was doing what he loved most and it was through no fault or mistake of his own.

Many good conservation projects and educational centres are running today because of his energy and enthusiasm and I'm sure the people he touched will continue his good work.

Videos have been popping up of Steve in action on YouTube....

And this one especially got to me.... this is true emotion - and proves how much he adores these animals... you might need a tissue... I did... :(

Mary

those videos are just animal exploitation to raise money for more animal exploitation . they belong in the wilds not game parks and zoo's - sorry :thumbsup:

i dont expect replys to this post , its just my feelings on animals in captivity. something i hate to see. :thumbsup:

I loved that guy and he has always been one of my 'idols' I supppose if I had to say I have any. Despite what anyone says he was a great dad and husband and what he has done for conservation and understanding is almost second to none. I've always wanted to live in OZ and shake that guy by the hand. As far as putting his baby into dangerous circumstances - - everyday millions of people put their child in a car seat and that's one of the most dangerous things they could ever do.

R.I.P Steve :thumbsup:

some great quotes and now some may seem a bit sick but I'm sure he wouldn't have done anything differently.

This chap really cared

"Every cent we earn from Crocodile Hunter goes straight back into conservation. Every single cent. "

"But I put my life on the line to save animals. "

"Because when they strike it can be that quick that if they're within range, you're dead, you're dead in your tracks. And his head weighs more than my body so it's WHACK! "

"Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than the executives and the producers and all those sharks in the big MGM building. "

"Crikey! That was a close one! See the jaw SNAP down! WAMMO! Whoooo!"

"DANGER, DANGER"

Tragic yet predictable if you ask me :(

RIP mate

Not that predictable. There have only been a couple of recorded stingray deaths over the last couple of decades. The barb on the tail is a defensive weapon - a deterrant. It was just a million to one shot that it hit him where it did. Anywhere else and it would have been 'just a scratch !'

i think he meant he messed with nature 1 too many times

i meant more along the lines, that if you 'study' dangerous animals in the way that steve did you bound to get bitten one day ;)

Come on guys... we all like a bit of a laugh and a joke... but have some respect... the guys been dead less than 24 hours and the silly posts are up already.... :rolleyes:

It was a matter of time until he got eaten or killed.

I agree he did good conservation work but I didn’t agree with the way he antagonised various animals to the point when they would attack.

You don’t see David Attenborough squeezing the !Removed! of a Silver back Gorilla to get a reaction, that’s possibly why he has got his old age pension.

I’ll put money on it Steve Irwin was winding that Ray up to the point where it felt threatened...

Reports from the film crew so far indicate it was an error on Steves part where the Ray was boxed in with Steve behind and the camerman in front which is why the Ray turned defensive and struck out.

I'm not saying Steve did not push or entice the animals he worked with but being only the 3rd person to die in Aus from a Ray would indicate a freak accident...

My thoughts are with Terri, Bindi & Bob.

Former Celebrity Big Brother contestant and feminist academic Germaine Greer

Who ............ :unsure: ???

Former Celebrity Big Brother contestant should give it away....

In other words.... not a celebrity, not famous, relies on shock statements to make the press! :lol:

Gutted,

Unfortunate term you used there considering the way he died!

Could you really not avoid posting that? The only thing I knew about it at the time was that he'd been killed by a stingray & that summed up how I felt, have some respect :ffs:

Chill dude!

PS:

Your signatures too big! It breaks the T&C’s

:thumbsup:

Gutted,

Unfortunate term you used there considering the way he died!

Could you really not avoid posting that? The only thing I knew about it at the time was that he'd been killed by a stingray & that summed up how I felt, have some respect :ffs:

PS:

Your signatures too big! It breaks the T&C’s

:thumbsup:

Like I've already said to you, it's too big because I'm telling people about things done for cancer research, if some1 wants to change it they can but I'd have thought a mod would have more important things to do than change a signature that's trying to raise money to save lives.

Like I've already said to you, it's too big because I'm telling people about things done for cancer research, if some1 wants to change it they can but I'd have thought a mod would have more important things to do than change a signature that's trying to raise money to save lives.

....................... So? :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links