Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Bulb Replacement

Rinko

Both headlight bulbs can be changed with no tools or removing any headlight or bodywork.. It is a bit of a struggle but it requires plenty of patience indeed. I did both in abt 45mins.

I currently have an Avensis (and am thinking of getting a Corolla Verso. Changing bulbs on the Avensis is an absolute doddle. The headlights are secured in place by a plastic clip. You imply drop a screwdriver down a hole in the surrounding bodywork and release the clip. The headlight just pops out. Reading this post I'm wondering why didn't Toyota follow this principle with all their cars.
To change a bulb on any car should be simple 5 minute job with no need for knuckle scraping. But it's this sort of thing that puts be off getting a Corolla. Makes me wonder about service/repair costs for anything else that might go wrong (that should be easy but isn't due to design).

The Corolla/Corolla Verso is no worse than a lot of cars. I changed the bulbs in my previous Corolla, and both my Auris without problem. OK, access may be a bit more difficult than the Avensis, but we're still talking around 30 minutes or so.

Better than some French cars where the bumper has to be removed ( 3 hour workshop time for a Citroen C5), or the front wheel has to come off and access is gained via the wheel arch (Renault Megane II).

• 10 years later...

I know this is a very old topic, but yesterday I had to admit to a waiting customer that I had no idea how to get at the right-hand headlight bulb of a 2006 Corolla. He had to drive away to his appointment without the job being done...
The left-hand low beam H7 bulb had been installed upside down, so the beam was all wrong. I did get this sorted using a mirror without removing the Battery. The right-hand beam is wrong too, but I cannot get the squarish plastic cover off the back of the headlight to even see the wiring connector, let alone the bulb itself. The washer reservoir neck is right in the way, much more so than the ABS pipework, preventing the clip of that cover being moved. This reservoir looks to be made in two pieces, so can the neck be pulled out of the main reservoir? I couldn't move it...
My next option is to remove the bumper and then the whole headlight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links