Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid'sss

choading

Guys, i'm having a bit of trouble installing my HID kit. It all works but the high beam doesn't seem to want to work at all anymore. Also the high beam warning lamp (in the instrument binnacle) is ALWAYS on!!! Any help/advice would be grateful.

Same problem I had. The negative and positive is swapped on the Yaris. HIDs come with +ive switching. The yaris uses -ve switching.

Contact your supplier to get some -ve switiching leads. I used HIDS4U and they sent me the leads for free.

Or you could make up your own realy harness. I made one until I got the correct leads. It was messy and filddly.

Guys, i'm having a bit of trouble installing my HID kit. It all works but the high beam doesn't seem to want to work at all anymore. Also the high beam warning lamp (in the instrument binnacle) is ALWAYS on!!! Any help/advice would be grateful.

Same problem I had. The negative and positive is swapped on the Yaris. HIDs come with +ive switching. The yaris uses -ve switching.

Contact your supplier to get some -ve switiching leads. I used HIDS4U and they sent me the leads for free.

Or you could make up your own realy harness. I made one until I got the correct leads. It was messy and filddly.

Thanks bruv,

I do not have the know how to make up the -VE Switching relay leads so I'll just email HIDS4U & see what they say.

Maybe all the guys on the forum should be made aware of this 'problem'.

Thanks again for the v. quick response.

Gold

Or you can swap the wires over like I did on mine? Took about 3 minutes

Swap the wires??? which ones dude?

Or you can swap the wires over like I did on mine? Took about 3 minutes

Bruv, which wires do you swap over to resolve the high beam issue?

You could open the sealed rectangle thing on the lead and have a look. Might be possible, but HIDS4U send the new leads to you for free, so why potch around.

Actually I have 3 leads now, 2 +ve switching and 1-Ve switching. Fairplay to them, they sent me -ve and +ve switching leads for free next day. Excellent service!

My HID's have finally arrived, have you got any pictures of where you mounted the ballasts?

I use 3M strong double sided tape and mounted:

Driver side's to the "strut wall"

Passenger side's on the fuse box cover.

• 2 weeks later...

OK.... Fitted my HID's, work brilliantly, light up the road at night alot better than halogen's, can't do without in my life etc etc etc.....

You probably know I had an issue with the HIGH beam indicator light constantly on in the instrument binnacle.. I got a couple of negatively switching leads from HIDS4U, fitted them and bingo the High level beam indicator light wen out..

The problem i have STILL is when I flash my lights...NOTHING... NADA...JACK...... The halogen part of the bulb (the high beam part) works fine, i've tested it..

Does ANYONE out there in the T-Sport fraternity, know what the heck I can do..

PLEASE brothers, sisters i NEED HELP!!! I'm missing my flashing (that didn't sound righ but what the hell)!!!!

Gold

• 3 years later...

OK.... Fitted my HID's, work brilliantly, light up the road at night alot better than halogen's, can't do without in my life etc etc etc.....

You probably know I had an issue with the HIGH beam indicator light constantly on in the instrument binnacle.. I got a couple of negatively switching leads from HIDS4U, fitted them and bingo the High level beam indicator light wen out..

The problem i have STILL is when I flash my lights...NOTHING... NADA...JACK...... The halogen part of the bulb (the high beam part) works fine, i've tested it..

Does ANYONE out there in the T-Sport fraternity, know what the heck I can do..

PLEASE brothers, sisters i NEED HELP!!! I'm missing my flashing (that didn't sound righ but what the hell)!!!!

when ya flash high beam does the hids go out and leave a dim main beam (halogen)very yellow and seams like someones turned lights out if ya find a cure let me now thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links