Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Do I Start?

poohbabyxx

Hi,

I am a member of the British Forces in Germany and I have been looking at the recall data for Avensis, we have an Avensis T4 1.8 '2004 and our number is in the list on the website the only thing is we have not been notified,, the only thing is german garages havent got the authority to do this kind of work to a right hand drive english car unless they get permission from Brussels!!!!

the other problem we have is our clutch pedal, when we press it and release it, it gives out a ' groaning' noise, I cant say it is a squeak or a grind but more like a ' spring groaning under pressure' we can even feel it through the pedal in our foot, the garage here in Germany says it is fine and other cars do it? surely that is not right???????? does any one else have this ' problem?? another problem is our breaks! when we press the pedal we get a 'whooosh' of air, the garage in england when we were home on leave took the car off the road and replaced a part but 2 weeks down the line it is making the same sound,, the garage here in germany say - youve guessed it' :wacko: ' it is fine?'' does any one else get this problem or have we just got one dodgy car lol we love the car it is a brill car but now all these faults are cropping up :crybaby:

somedays i get a feeling under my foot that the clutch pedal is sticking slightly when it is depressed fully. as far as i know the clutch is hydraulic so it may just be the lever that needs a little oil.

the brakes sounds a little disturbing. although why would you have air in a supposedly sealed system? and you would think that to make the sound as you describe you would need alot of air and therefore no brake fluid.

have you tried ringing/taking it to a different garage or even an independant?

I've just had the clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty for exactly the same noise as you described on my 2005 2.0 d4d t3x, its done 46,000 miles. I originally thought it was the pedal or a spring but it feels like a new car again since they changed the cylinder. It's a taxi and 6 of the other 10 that we have on the fleet have had the same done, one of them even having a full clutch replaced which is unheard of under warranty.

• 1 month later...

I've just had the clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty for exactly the same noise as you described on my 2005 2.0 d4d t3x, its done 46,000 miles. I originally thought it was the pedal or a spring but it feels like a new car again since they changed the cylinder. It's a taxi and 6 of the other 10 that we have on the fleet have had the same done, one of them even having a full clutch replaced which is unheard of under warranty.

Just to let you know I have just had a new clutch put on my car, something to do with the plates slipping out of place! and it now runs like a new car,,,,thank you! for you advice, I niggled on and on to the german garage here and they done it when they done the steering recall all under warranty too,, one happy avensis owner,, soon to be back in the TOON!!!!!! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links