Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Contact Lenses

Hou

WHAT A PAIN IN THE EYE

just started with contacts and what a pain to do, some days they go straight in others they take so long its untrue

plus just split of of them

:censor: :ffs: :censor:

Takes time and practice mate, I've had contacts for about 4 years now and I'm somewhat of an expert now! I dont even need a mirror anymore, just pop them in! Although you'd be amazed to amount of people who squirm when you sit there putting something in your eye!!

Its like 2nd nature to me now though and I'd never go back to glasses!

Word of warning - if you have daily disposables, dont fall asleep in them! And if you do, cry like a baby, its the only way they'll come off your eye! :wacko:

Yeah, takes a bit of getting used to but give it time & it'll become really easy, it probably takes me less than 10 seconds to put each 1 in now. Just take your time with each 1 & you'll soon get the hang of it.

I hated the 1st time I got them at the opticians because they made me put them in & take them out 4 times so they were sure I could do it but by the end my eyes were all swollen & it was a nightmare because my eyes weren't used to all the touching.

I've been wearing contacts for 10 years now. I've just switched to dailies in the past two months. I find they are much easier to deal with and of course if you lose one then you've got plenty left. If your eyes are dry, then try dabbing some lens solution in your eye, or stare with your eyes open till you start producing tears. Don't use water because it acts like lens glue and you will find it very hard to get them out! I speak from experience :thumbsup:

Also when you're relaxing at home try and wear glasses when you can because it gives your eyes a rest - I usually wear my lenses is I'm going out. Also then if you fall asleep in glasses you won't have to prise dry lenses from your eyeballs when you wake up.

Also when applying/taking lenses out, make sure you have washed your hands thoroughly. I once forgot and having eaten a bag of ready salted crisps moments ago - got the full pleasure of sticking very salty fingers in my eye :crybaby:

Mike

cheers for all the help, managed to remove my contacts twice while being completely drunk so thats good

find taking them out quick and easy its just getting them in

and getting them the right way round is almost impossible, inside out or not they still look the same!

and getting them the right way round is almost impossible, inside out or not they still look the same!

Yeah, that's an absolute nightmare, I've been using contact lenses for over 4 years now & I'm still never sure which way around is right. I usually rely on getting the lense on my finger the same way every time so that I know it's right without having to look

Oh, you have all just reminded my why I dont wear contacts any more. On top of the stuff you mentioned if you are tinkering with cars all the time oil ingrained on your hands does not normally help your eyes in anyway.

But you will get better at putting them in. :thumbsup:

cheers for all the help, managed to remove my contacts twice while being completely drunk so thats good

find taking them out quick and easy its just getting them in

The trick my optician taught me is to check if the lens curves smoothly, if it "flares out" at the outer edge it's inside out. Works for me, though you might have different lenses to mine.

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links