Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina E 1996 Sol Air - Getting Error Code 38?! After Abs Diagnost

jaimec

After resetting the ecu after fitting a new rear-right abs sensor (previously had code 35) I'm now getting code 38. I've never seen this code in any of the diagnostic charts before. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the rotor but not sure at all.

The car is a 1996 P Reg Carina E Sol Air 1.8

Has anyone come across this code before?

I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks

Reset the ECU by disconnecting the neg Battery terminal for a few hours but the same error code still comes up when checking the diagnostic. Thought it may have been a glitch at first but no, it still reads error code 38.

Called a local Toyota dealer who say they haven't heard of that code before.

Is is worth sticking with the car? Or will I be throwing good money after bad? It recently passed everything on the MOT except for the ABS light being constantly on. Even had a new exhaust fitted recently.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

To cut a long story short (and some strange mis-diagnosis from the toyota garage) Code 38 was the Rear Driver's side ABS sensor. Finally sorted it, though costly.

Toytota then told me the car had failed the MOT for corroded break pipes - Which was strange as the care had previously sailed through everything except the ABS light. Took it back to the garage who did the original and they told "if the pipes were bad, we wouldn't have passed it"

The car is back on the road now but jst thought I'd warn about second hand ABS sensors - they're usually ripped out and can damage easily. I went through three 2nd hand ones before biting the bulet and buying a new part.

• 2 years later...
After resetting the ecu after fitting a new rear-right abs sensor (previously had code 35) I'm now getting code 38. I've never seen this code in any of the diagnostic charts before. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the rotor but not sure at all.

The car is a 1996 P Reg Carina E Sol Air 1.8

Has anyone come across this code before?

I'd be grateful for any information.

Thanks

Good day!

I am driving the Toyota Estima Previa 1994 Supercharger. and I am also facing Error 38 on my dianostic. I couldn't find any regarding this error 38.

any one have experience, Jaimec, had you solve your problem?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links