Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Schools.....

Jamesb4uk

I've been driving for nearly 8 years now so i'm a little out of touch with driving schools these days.

I'm thinking of getting my G/F driving lesson's for her birthday.

She's 30 before anyone gets any ideas lol :P

which ones would you Ladies & Gents recommend?

J

Well when I first started to learn I went with the AA but after my first hour I went home and phoned them up to complain about the instructor. He started the lesson by giving me the keys and telling me to "just drive somewhere then" without giving me any intro to the car, controls or road safety/awareness. He then spent much of the lesson screaming at me for various different "reasons". The AA further ruined my opinion of them by calling me back to discuss my complaint during an England game in Euro '96 so I kept it short and asked for a full refund and written apology and then hung up on them.

I went to Uni shortly afterwards so never picked it up again until 3 years later. At that point I went with BSM based on a personal recommendation. I had 2 instructors and both were fantastic. After a few lessons I was incredibly relaxed and building in confidence with each lesson. They taught me so well in fact that I went back to Uni after the holidays and 4 months later I came back on the train in the morning, took my driving test, passed and got the tarin back to Uni again.

Now whether that says anything about how good the instructors are or how bad the driving test was, I don't know.

Long story short, BSM gets 2 thumbs up from me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like with most national companies, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get a bad one!

I went for a one-man band driving school when I was taught, as I didnt trust BSM or the AA in my area as I'd heard they werent great.

I agree with Matt & Rob - speak to colleagues, neighbours, friends etc and get recommendations rather than just go with anyone. :yes:

i'd like to recommend my brother in law :thumbsup:

as hes an instructor,,,thing is your a little far away :unsure::lol::lol:

so i agree with the others find an independant like him near you :yes:

Agreed, The people who do it on their own are probably are a better bet as they only get word as mouth as advertisement.

Deffo use someone who has been reccomended. My instructor (he's retired now) only ever placed one advert, and that was when he first started up. The rest of his business was built up by reputation and word of mouth.

Mike.

Or find a specific instructor near you under a brand such as AA or BSM that someone reccomends! I went with an AA instructor my mate recommended and she was really good :) Also with the likes of AA and BSM, if a car gets wrecked by another student (Happened to a student the day before my lesson which just meant i got a brand spanking new focus to drive the next day instead of a 5k mile old one :P) you can more easily carry on, likewise if your instructor moves away etc.

Just my views! However if there is a really good private recommended instructor that may work out cheaper! Just seems more of a risk if you weren't to go with a reccomendation to go for private imo! Spesh with likes of AA and BSM you can swap instructor within the company easily :thumbsup:

Cheers peeps :thumbsup:

i'm going to check out BSM but may just give her the money to find someone she likes :unsure:

Least i've got till the end of march for it :lol:

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links