Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Liverpool Vs Barcalona Part II

Fizz

Come on you reds! :yahoo::yahoo:

Nothing like a sore looser... :rolleyes:

Rijkaard, now under severe pressure at Barca after seeing his side lose the lead in La Liga on Saturday, offered only grudging praise for Liverpool.

"Liverpool produced a great performance. I do not see it as being progressive, they are very direct while being mentally strong and motivated," said the Dutchman.

"Other teams will not like playing them. With luck they can beat anyone in the competition."

He added: "We won this leg, but maybe we were lucky considering the amount of chances they created in the first half.

"We tried everything possible and I am proud of the spirit and effort my players put in. They worked hard and tried everything, but Liverpool are a difficult team to play against."

I only wish ubiknal got rewarded in the Premiership for absolutely dominating a game but forgetting to actually score ;)

If Ronaldinho could finish Liverpool would be out! :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's hope Celtic get through tonight! :D

Trust larrson to score... Shame Celtic are out as well...

It's all well & good saying if Ronaldinho could finish Liverpool would be out, but if Ronaldinho could shoot & Riise hit 1 of his shots marginally more accurately then they'd have still gone through. I know this is very unlike me but sometimes you've got to give credit where it's due & it's due here. I didn't watch the 1st leg because I was at Goodison watching Spurs laugh at Everton but based on the 2nd leg Liverpool deserved to go through.

It's rare I ever think this but the fat Spanish waiter got his tactics spot on in the 1st half. They didn't put them under any pressure in Barca's half but as soon as they got in Liverpool's half they hounded them, forcing them back again. Their defence kept knocking it around waiting for Liverpool to come at them but as Liverpool were ahead they didn't need to so I don't think it was lucky that they didn't have a sniff in the 1st half.

They seemed to stop doing that in the 2nd half for some reason & so Barca had more space to knock the ball about & so created chances that on another day could have gone in. But as I say, on another day a couple of Liverpool's could have gone in as well & I think on the whole it was a solid performance & they deserved to go through.

Hope you's get destroyed in the next round though :P

a blues fan giving credit to the red side of liver... whoa!..

Muchas gracias! :lol:

Totally agree with what you have said though... (obviously) and I hope we meet Man U in the final to knock em out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links