Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is My Auris A Patch Up?

kian

I noticed something today when I was cleaning my car, at the rear at the bottom corner of the door, there is a piece of metal which looks as though it has been welded on (but cannot see the weld stuff) this is on bot sides of the car.

I can't remember if it was on others that I saw, I will need to try and get to Toyota to check others out. If anyone else who has bought an Auris, please can you check and see if you too have this?

20032007062.jpg

Could be there to disrupt the airflow and prevent dirt build up on the rear alloys. Sounds strange I know, but my Avensis has a piece of metal/plastic sheet on both rear door bottoms for such a thing.

Often rear lights on cars will have a "nipple" of plastic to disrupt airflow which helps prevent the build up of dirt.

Is it on both sides of your Auris?

It looks just like the clear plastic protector film that is present on the Yaris just forward of the rear wheel arches.

Put there to protect the bodywork from stone chips...................and it works.

If you are really concerned, take it back to your supplying dealer.............and let them explain it to you :)

It looks just like the clear plastic protector film that is present on the Yaris just forward of the rear wheel arches.

Put there to protect the bodywork from stone chips...................and it works.

If you are really concerned, take it back to your supplying dealer.............and let them explain it to you :)

hmmm, why would they put them at the rear and not the front? I don't think it is plastic having felt it. it is in 2 parts half on the door and half under the door.

If it's on the Yaris, then I'll take your word for it, I just find it odd that it being a body work protector, they have just put them at the rear wheels?

They are there on all of them - i dont know what they do but they were on the 2.0d and the t180 i drove today.

The reason they are only on the rear doors (Yaris this is) is because any dust/small stones that get flicked up by the front wheel will hit the car just at the rear doors... so the film is there to prevent the paint work getting pebble dashed.

The reason they are only on the rear doors (Yaris this is) is because any dust/small stones that get flicked up by the front wheel will hit the car just at the rear doors... so the film is there to prevent the paint work getting pebble dashed.

Thank goodness for that, thought I'd beed duped then :blush:

They are there on all of them - i dont know what they do but they were on the 2.0d and the t180 i drove today.

This is a bit off topic, but you've driven a T180 OldSko01? Come on, tell us what it was like! I would particularly like to know if the ultra low-profile tyres (45 profile on 17"rims) spoil the ride quailty.

This is a bit off topic, but you've driven a T180 OldSko01? Come on, tell us what it was like! I would particularly like to know if the ultra low-profile tyres (45 profile on 17"rims) spoil the ride quailty.

I have taken delivery of my T180 and the ride is far better than my Celica was, the road noise is far less, the comfort is better, head and leg room is better( for someone who is over 6Ft). As you may detect at the moment I can only find the improvement in my motoring. Someone has said in a review that Decuma Grey has not got a very good contrast interior but the T180 has black and lokk's good. These comments may be biased because I have one but they are honest.

I'm itching to ask brian : whats the pulling power of the engine like in comparison.

I have to wait a few days yet for my full test drive of the 180.

I have taken delivery of my T180 and the ride is far better than my Celica was, the road noise is far less, the comfort is better, head and leg room is better( for someone who is over 6Ft). As you may detect at the moment I can only find the improvement in my motoring. Someone has said in a review that Decuma Grey has not got a very good contrast interior but the T180 has black and lokk's good. These comments may be biased because I have one but they are honest.

Cheers for the info Brian. Tell me, does the T180 sit a bit lower that the others in the range? - which look like 4x4s on stilts in my opinion...

Brian will be best placed to answer but i did read the t180 has lower suspension.

Its not bad boy low though :) ( looking at one in the flesh )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links