Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Double Locks In Cts

CTS03

Do you have “double locks” in your Corolla TS?

According to the Corolla's manual, with double locks the doors cannot be opened from inside when the car is locked. So, a thief could not break the window and then open the door.

In Greece, our cars have no double-locks. The alarm TH2000 was installed by the dealer but also does not provide this function.

Does anyone know whether a dealer could install a double-lock and the cost?

Hi CTS03

just check my cts i turn the alarm on and i cant open the door from the inside i can comfirm uk spec cts do have double-locks

When arming the alarm via the remote, press it twice quickly, you should a slightly different sound, i never used to bother but after jae when we had to gain entry into a IS200 that had been double locked i use it every time.....

Dan :thumbsup:

Better safe than sorry :crybaby:

jerry!!

When arming the alarm via the remote, press it twice quickly, you should a slightly different sound, i never used to bother but after jae when we had to gain entry into a IS200 that had been double locked i use it every time.....

Dan :thumbsup:

thought the starlet was funnier than the IS though :P

Now we know what you do as a part time occupation :D

Double locks should be standard spec for all countries for CTS !

It was standard even in 1994 Opel Astra 1.4lt in Greece.

The Toyota alarm TH2000 is not integrated on the remote key. It is extra, installed after the car comes to Greece with simple remote keys.

The suggestion of yaristpot does not work for this alarm; there is no double lock function.

LiquidTS: if still possible, try to install a proper alarm (at least including windows' closing). It seems that basic TH2000 needs an additional circuit board for windows' closing.

Do you have “double locks” in your Corolla TS?

According to the Corolla's manual, with double locks the doors cannot be opened from inside when the car is locked. So, a thief could not break the window and then open the door.

In Greece, our cars have no double-locks. The alarm TH2000 was installed by the dealer but also does not provide this function.

Does anyone know whether a dealer could install a double-lock and the cost?

If U have “double locks” it depends from to country to country.

U can check by yourself if U have “double locks”:

Open the door and check the hole above door-lock mechanism(end side of the door !!!),If there is only a black plastic plug then you don´t have it, otherwise you must see the end of a rod wich come out if you activate “double locks” .

If U R still in doubt I can post a pic here(position of that hole).

The Toyota alarm TH2000 is not integrated on the remote key. It is extra, installed after the car comes to Greece with simple remote keys.

The suggestion of yaristpot does not work for this alarm; there is no double lock function.

LiquidTS: if still possible, try to install a proper alarm (at least including windows' closing). It seems that basic TH2000 needs an additional circuit board for windows' closing.

CTS03, I will ask my dealer tomorrow about the model of the alarm installed but I don't think there are many options on the available alarm models.

(However, I ordered and they will install the 6 disc changer)

PS: Some 10 days to receive the car. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links