Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox For 1997 2.2 Camry

coolerking

Hi,

I have a 1997 Camry and the gearbox has gone. (It still drives in reverse) Any ideas where I can get a good replacement gearbox either UK or from aboroad?

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure of where exactly you would get one from, perhaps a Japanese breakers yard, there is a few about. I would expect any Camry built from 1992-2001 with the 2.2 to feature the same gearbox, a more outside though possible other chance would be any Carina/Avensis that had the 3S-FE 2.0 engine in might have the same gearbox as the 5S-FE 2.2 is a very similar engine, that would give you an age scope of about 1988-2001.

There is sometimes the odd Camry part on eBay but not that many.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Camry-Harrier...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's one thats available, i'm assuming your refering to needing a manual as Toyota auto's tend to last a lifetime.

Not sure of where exactly you would get one from, perhaps a Japanese breakers yard, there is a few about. I would expect any Camry built from 1992-2001 with the 2.2 to feature the same gearbox, a more outside though possible other chance would be any Carina/Avensis that had the 3S-FE 2.0 engine in might have the same gearbox as the 5S-FE 2.2 is a very similar engine, that would give you an age scope of about 1988-2001.

There is sometimes the odd Camry part on ebay but not that many.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Camry-Harrier...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's one thats available, i'm assuming your refering to needing a manual as Toyota auto's tend to last a lifetime.

It's an automatic I need.....my mates daughter drove it up a very steep bank and burnt the auto box out...........tch.......women drivers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links