Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Sick Of My Bank!

Demonic Angel

I'm officially sick of my 2nd bank account.... :angry:

I have an overdraft on it and I didnt realise I'd gone overdrawn and have just had to pay £120 in charges! :ffs:

Needless to say, I'm pretty miffed - firstly that they didnt inform me of any charges and secondly that it's just cost me £120 to get out of it!

So, I've decided to try and reclaim all these charges back.... I know they only go back 6 years and this isnt my main account so its been pretty dormant since 2004, but even if I get back a couple of hundred quid its going to be worth it!

I've done a search on here and found a link to a consumer forum I'm going to join, but has anyone else managed to reclaim their charges recently? How easy was it? I'm with Alliance & Leicester, which isnt one of the big banks but I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing!

To be honest, I'm doing it on this account as its dormant so its not too much hassle iof they threaten it with closure! If it goes smoothly for this I'm going to do it on my primary First Direct account as well :yes: I'm sick of paying these extortionate costs - £50 a month for going a couple of pence overdrawn is ludicrous!

Milly is doing this too... we went through her last 6 years of statements the other day, the charges added up to £2300!!

In the process of doing the same to natwest.

Wasn't going to bother but everytime I go in a branch I get the hard sell on there latest account / credit card / loan - always come out thinking I just wanted to pay some money in you idiots! Arghhhhhhhh!

I've managed to get 70 quid back from A&L, I was charged 5/month for not having enough money in the bank, I've got my money back after a quick call and I've closed my account now.

Natwest owe me £600 which i wanna reclaim, i wasn't gunna bother with because it was my fault but looking into it its my money, i need to send a second letter off saying if they don't pay am gunna take them to a small claims court

Clydesdale bank made me claim my money back after i stood in a que last week for 20mins to find out i couldn't cancel a direct debit !!!!!!!

I have to phone up to do that now apparantly :o

Very good , well while am here i'd like a copy of all my statements for the last 6years then thank you very much :)

I think it's pretty simple. Stay in credit and you won't get any charges?

Before anyone goes off on one I work for the NAG and I get this now and again. :thumbsup:

yep fair enough you get penalised for going over your limit or whatever - but its the amount they charge that gets me !!

I understand your frustration. I only deal with the credit cards thankfully. :thumbsup:

I think it's pretty simple. Stay in credit and you won't get any charges?

Before anyone goes off on one I work for the NAG and I get this now and again. :thumbsup:

Yeah yeah yeah.... we know! lol

But it was on Watchdog recently that it only costs the bank something like £4 for someone going over their overdraft limit - yet they charge the customer £50..... if they were honest and charged me £4 it wouldnt bother me! :lol:

About 20 years ago I used to be with Yorkshire bank and it was going on then. I had a salaried position that meant a regular fixed payment went into my account every month, one particular month there was a delay in my salary going in and a standing order was paid that put me 27p overdrawn, way back then they charged me £20 for that privilege, :eek: needless to say I don’t bank with them now. ;)

I have always used Nat West and a facility called “Credit Zone” which is a bit like an overdraft, you still get interest charges but even today that only works out at pennies compared to the silly money that it can cost.

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links