Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chirping At Low Rpm

CheeseDog

Anyone had a chirping noise when running at low RPM usually when sitting in traffic after the engine is warm. Sound a bit like a belt slipping but I'm convinced it isn't one. Sound is coming from rear of the car.

Managed to narrow it down to something to do with the exaust as it only occurs when the end of the pipe appears to vibrate quickly. Current idea is something holding the exhaust in place needs tightning up.

Toyota couldn't find anything at last service (don't think they looked very hard to be honest)

Ideas?

Anyone had a chirping noise when running at low RPM usually when sitting in traffic after the engine is warm. Sound a bit like a belt slipping but I'm convinced it isn't one. Sound is coming from rear of the car.

Managed to narrow it down to something to do with the exaust as it only occurs when the end of the pipe appears to vibrate quickly. Current idea is something holding the exhaust in place needs tightning up.

Toyota couldn't find anything at last service (don't think they looked very hard to be honest)

Ideas?

The back box of the exhaust is held with two bolts (onto the mid section) and two rubbers. Perhaps try to spray a small amount of WD40 or such to the rubber mounts and see if things gets better.

Hope it helps.

I've got a small chirping/squeaky sound, I can only hear it at lower rpm's, not sure if it's a belt, wheel bearing, something to do with the drive shaft or even the breaks.

Can't hear it over 1500rpm because of the exhaust.

Not going away here sound more like it would be those couple of rubbers to me.

I'll give it a look.

• 2 months later...

i know what ur talking about. itwent away after i changed the v belt. (somehow even if the belt doesnt appear loose , it loses tension) check if it is cracked first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links