Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 04 Rear Lens Removal

suerav4

HELP!

I have a lovely 3 door 04 Rav4 and my husband has bought me some big chrome guards to go over the rear brake light lens but to be able to fit them we need to remove the lens cluster.

We can see one of the bolts through a hole in the interior (where you can change the bulbs) but cannot see anything else!

It cant be that hard can it?

But we are stuck....................

Dont really want to take to a garage if its an easy job

Thanks for any help in advance.

i have a Y-reg (pre-face lift) Rav4 and decided to fit the post-face lift rear lights, as I prefer them. it is quite a job though to do. basically you need to complete the following steps:

1. remove the plastic cover on the floor by the rear door opening. it is held underneath by plastic clips.

2. remove the lower rear seat belt mounts - both sides.

3. now you need to remove the rear side panels. there are several screws - the ones i seem to remember are by the rear door, in the pocket and in the main side. you dont need to totally remove the panel, but enough to get your head in there and see what you are looking at.

4. now you will need a deep socket set. the bolts that hold the lights in about approx 3-4cm long. only a deep socket will access them all as you cannot get a spanner even close. the bodywork is in the way.

it is a right pain to do, and were it not for the vast improvement i would have been annoyed!

hth! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links