Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Door

bitman

Hi,

With both my Rav 4's I have no idea what the written sign 'Fuel Door' on the Instrument Cluster is. I have opened the Fuel Door when driving but no light is comming on. :blink:

Does any body know the reson for this written message on the Instrument Cluster? Should it light when you open the Fuel Door with the lever on the floor?

Thanks,

bt

Hi,

With both my Rav 4's I have no idea what the written sign 'Fuel Door' on the Instrument Cluster is. I have opened the Fuel Door when driving but no light is comming on. :blink:

Does any body know the reson for this written message on the Instrument Cluster? Should it light when you open the Fuel Door with the lever on the floor?

Thanks,

bt

Sorry had to laugh at this :lol: :lol: as I thought the same as you...

What it means is. It points to the side where the fuel flap door is located. I too thought it would light up if I left the fuel door open.

When you think about it, it's really handy, as I drive the wife's car sometimes (always when it needs filling up :angry: ) and her filler cap is on the opposite side to the RAV's. So knowing where it is by the handy little arrow saves the fuel pump reverse antics or pump lead stretch

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ditto Biton!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I find it helps me looking like an amateur :wacko: at the petrol station after I've been driving other European made cars which generally have the filler opening on the drivers side!!

OH S**T,

Cant believe this, I have just read this thread and I feel like a RIGHT Rodney ! (plonker) :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Dave, (rodney)

hi hi hi, nice to know i'm not the only one...

yeah, i take the gx once a month to my work (i drive 600 miles a week) because my missus only drives it in the city and guess what... empty fuel tank... it's just if they knew it... :lol:

I find it helps me looking like an amateur :wacko: at the petrol station after I've been driving other European made cars which generally have the filler opening on the drivers side!!

my trick is to open the fuel door just before entering the fuel station and look in the mirrors so i can see on with side it is. :blink:

it's quiet funny... my old land rover (1967) also had the filler opening on the drivers side... i should expect that it was on the left side as being a real uk made box.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links