Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

chatman

Fuel sloshing around in a diesel RAV? I'm baffled!!!!

You are but the tank isn't (ha ha - anchorjoke).

Baffled that is..........

Anyway, cold but nice today :rolleyes:

Ehhhh - that wis my point. The diesel tank cannae be baffled same as whit ma tank ...... :D

Well bothy its another 4.3 technological marvel (I bet Toyota had loads of fun making it). It is a long thin tank that sits under the passenger side rear seat. It is made from plastic and is positioned there well inside the crumple zones for safety. I guess it must have baffles but it certainly does make quite some noise.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• Fujisan

• bothwell_buyer

• chatman

Ehhhh - that wis my point. The diesel tank cannae be baffled same as whit ma tank ...... :D

Well bothy its another 4.3 technological marvel (I bet Toyota had loads of fun making it). It is a long thin tank that sits under the passenger side rear seat. It is made from plastic and is positioned there well inside the crumple zones for safety. I guess it must have baffles but it certainly does make quite some noise.

Mine disnae have the noise problem even when its fu. Its no plastic either, so when ye perch yer 5 door oan a hillock, then ye micht jist split yer plastic... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not even me diesel genny makes a slurping sound when its driven aboot!

Mine disnae have the noise problem even when its fu. Its no plastic either, so when ye perch yer 5 door oan a hillock, then ye micht jist split yer plastic... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not even me diesel genny makes a slurping sound when its driven aboot!

Yeh but the problem with those old 3 doors is you have to rely on the fuel gauge when we can monitor the gauge and back it up audibly. In any case we have a "going to get stuck on a hillock" warning light so that could never happen :rolleyes:

Wish I'd never mentioned the *****ing noise - it's hardly noticeable :rolleyes:

Bothy probably just gets a loud sucking noise from all of the fuel (and therefore money) being sucked into that jet engine ;)

Bothy - do you have a sight glass in your dashboard so you can see all that fuel streaming in? :g:

Wish I'd never mentioned the *****ing noise - it's hardly noticeable :rolleyes:

Bothy probably just gets a loud sucking noise from all of the fuel (and therefore money) being sucked into that jet engine ;)

Bothy - do you have a sight glass in your dashboard so you can see all that fuel streaming in? :g:

I have the original fuel gauge fitted wi a magnet so as the fuel disnae go doon so quick, like whit we dae wi the lecky meters...!!! :)

Just worked out my fuel usage....Just topped up tank this morning....

Not bad I say.....Being a 5 door RAV Diesel.........

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and would like some advice.

I am considering buying a 2006 (06) RAV4 2.0 vvti xt4, And as always, mpg is playing on the mind.

I usually do 6000-7000 miles per year, and at the moment I have a 3 series BMW that averages 26-27 mpg. I cant say I drive fast, but I do have the occasional sprint.

My main driving is done around town, and the daily commute is around 10-15 miles one way.

I have read this forum about mpg and the petrol version, and in all reality, what should I expect from the RAV4 if I where to go for the petrol version? Would the mpg be dramatically less than I get from my BMW or around the same or even more?

My BMW is sort of matched on most things with the RAV4, expect it has less torque and less horse power, i.e. 190NM v 194NM and 129 v 150 hp.

Any help advice etc would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am considering buying a 2006 (06) RAV4 2.0 vvti xt4, And as always, mpg is playing on the mind.

I usually do 6000-7000 miles per year, and at the moment I have a 3 series BMW that averages 26-27 mpg. I cant say I drive fast, but I do have the occasional sprint.

My main driving is done around town, and the daily commute is around 10-15 miles one way.

I have read this forum about mpg and the petrol version, and in all reality, what should I expect from the RAV4 if I where to go for the petrol version? Would the mpg be dramatically less than I get from my BMW or around the same or even more?

My BMW is sort of matched on most things with the RAV4, expect it has less torque and less horse power, i.e. 190NM v 194NM and 129 v 150 hp.

Thanks.

Post 84 on this thread from Nightstaker is probably your best indication.....most of us run diesels on here :yahoo:

In that post, Nightstaker said he was getting a real world 24mpg from his petrol RAV.

Hope that helps a little. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks.

Post 84 on this thread from Nightstaker is probably your best indication.....most of us run diesels on here :yahoo:

In that post, Nightstaker said he was getting a real world 24mpg from his petrol RAV.

24mpg, that is a little low for around town driving, maybe i should re-consider?

In the old days with my 1994 RAV and its original petrol engine and 3 doors, we got around 30mpg.

With the current set up, and pushing the car quite hard, I'm getting 21mpg using the higher octane petrol. I'm quite happy at that as I'm enjoying the drive and amazed at the time saved.

Never driven a BMW so can't say anything about that. I can say that the Fiat Punto 1.2 we have gets horribly poor mpg, but then my aged father hasn't found 3rd gear yet so it goes everywhere in 1st and 2nd gears.

If you drive 6000 miles in a year, then its not too heavy on the wallet - driving a RAV is like nothing else - with my current set up, its completely amazing. I wouldn't swap it for a BMW; Mercedes; Audi or anything else. With the gearing, I can out accelerate just about anything on the road and the top speed of the beast I haven't reached yet as I respect the rights of others not to be flattened, and the roads we have here are designed for speeds of 70mph and not much more. Thats why the Top Gear guys go abroad to test high speeds.

In the old days with my 1994 RAV and its original petrol engine and 3 doors, we got around 30mpg.

With the current set up, and pushing the car quite hard, I'm getting 21mpg using the higher octane petrol. I'm quite happy at that as I'm enjoying the drive and amazed at the time saved.

Never driven a BMW so can't say anything about that. I can say that the Fiat Punto 1.2 we have gets horribly poor mpg, but then my aged father hasn't found 3rd gear yet so it goes everywhere in 1st and 2nd gears.

If you drive 6000 miles in a year, then its not too heavy on the wallet - driving a RAV is like nothing else - with my current set up, its completely amazing. I wouldn't swap it for a BMW; Mercedes; Audi or anything else. With the gearing, I can out accelerate just about anything on the road and the top speed of the beast I haven't reached yet as I respect the rights of others not to be flattened, and the roads we have here are designed for speeds of 70mph and not much more. Thats why the Top Gear guys go abroad to test high speeds.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, when you say "pushing the car quite hard", what sort of revs do you get to on a regular basis? I usually rev my BMW to around 4000 and then cruise in a high gear around town, how about you?

The mileage I do, is the reason why I dont see the return of a diesel, but then again getting high mpg is always nice! :rolleyes:

Well

at the moment, we're tweaking the engine boost bit by bit. Mainly as we don't know the history of the engine/how it was looked after.

I don't have any experience of the engine in the 2006 RAV. The old 3SFE engine in the early RAVs was not a very strong engine but ok. It would get up to 6000rpm before complaining.

The 3SGTE I have in place now was originally developed as basically a racing engine. I'm taking it up to just short of 7000rpm.

It will happily run along in 4th or 5th at 100+ at around 5000rpm.

We have another 60hp to release, but even now its pretty fast. I think the max we can expect on this engine will be around 350bhp - the powertrain of the RAV is content to manage 250hp, but above that starts to risk gearbox failure. The early RAV was geared more as a small 4x4 and not geared for high speed. The later RAVs are really I think catering for a different market where 4x4 is not truly used off road; so perhaps the gearing is different allowing more speed for less revs.

Anyway, up to now I've given a few BMW and Porsche owners a surprise!!

Well

at the moment, we're tweaking the engine boost bit by bit. Mainly as we don't know the history of the engine/how it was looked after.

I don't have any experience of the engine in the 2006 RAV. The old 3SFE engine in the early RAVs was not a very strong engine but ok. It would get up to 6000rpm before complaining.

The 3SGTE I have in place now was originally developed as basically a racing engine. I'm taking it up to just short of 7000rpm.

We have another 60hp to release, but even now its pretty fast. I think the max we can expect on this engine will be around 350bhp - the powertrain of the RAV is content to manage 250hp, but above that starts to risk gearbox failure. The early RAV was geared more as a small 4x4 and not geared for high speed. The later RAVs are really I think catering for a different market where 4x4 is not truly used off road; so perhaps the gearing is different allowing more speed for less revs.

350hp? 250hp? I thought the 2.0 vvti only had 150hp. Are you talking about a tunned car, i.e. you have tuned your car and as such are getting 21mpg?

If so, I don't intend to tune my rav4, and just intend to keep it as it is with the 150hp, with that set up, do you think it will still get only 21mpg?

Well

350hp? 250hp? I thought the 2.0 vvti only had 150hp. Are you talking about a tunned car, i.e. you have tuned your car and as such are getting 21mpg?

If so, I don't intend to tune my rav4, and just intend to keep it as it is with the 150hp, with that set up, do you think it will still get only 21mpg?

Haha - yes I'm sure you will be right about the 2.0 vvti and its power. With the advanced technology, you'll know that the vvt bit is variable valve timing - it helps to ensure far better efficiency from the engine at its optimum range of revs, without having to Shell oot (Shell oot - get it - the petrol company - see ma jokes - puir dead brill) The engine will be more receptive to your driving style and needs, and much more economical. You keep to the 150bhp and I'd be surprised if you get any less than 30mpg. Of course it all depneds on what the car is doing - towing / motorway / long distance / or short distance. An engine in any car will gobble up more petrol if it rarely gets to its optimum running temperature - and you will know that when the heater is able to blast oot hot air an the temp gauge indicates hot water - ie I mean its normal point where it would sit after 40-50 miles of motorway driving.

I'm sorry. Yes my RAV is fairly highly tuned and very highly modified. Its running with the turbo engine that is used in racing Celicas; brakes that are used on racing cars; suspension that is used on rally cars; and driven by a total maniac. The beast is almost unique. Only 4 others exist in the world. The 21mpg gave me a surprise cos i thought it would gobble up more....but then we have a little work to do yet!!

Enjoy the RAV; its ride height; its sportiness; and the engine will I'm sure give you enuf to cope with what you expect. Its just a different experience.

I'd love this forum to grow and for people with RAVs to meet together and share experience/ share what modifications they have done and how its turned out - expensive whim or a valuable addition.

My opinion/value is that a car is there to be used. Enjoyed. Each person, each driver has a need or an expectation and each of these is different. I've had a good go at those with 5 door RAVs. Banter and no more. Considering balance and ride stability, I believe that the 3 door RAV with wider wheels is a machine bettered by few others.

If you want to go round corners at 100mph and reach 195 as top speed then you buy a car set up for that. In the UK it will never be used properly.

Of the landrover range, I've done a bit of fairly serious off-roading and the defender style short wheel base is hard to beat. But as an all round all purpose car it cannae come near the RAV. The RAV will do off road - tried it. Deep ruts can be a problem but I'm talking about ruts that tractors normally travel on.

So what the RAV will do is to give you a new experience and take you into situations that most BMWs could not even dream about.

The RAV will better your 26-27mpg.

And one day.

You too will look to tune the car up to optimum!!

Auld Ian wi a passion

Well

Haha - yes I'm sure you will be right about the 2.0 vvti and its power. With the advanced technology, you'll know that the vvt bit is variable valve timing - it helps to ensure far better efficiency from the engine at its optimum range of revs, without having to Shell oot (Shell oot - get it - the petrol company - see ma jokes - puir dead brill) The engine will be more receptive to your driving style and needs, and much more economical. You keep to the 150bhp and I'd be surprised if you get any less than 30mpg. Of course it all depneds on what the car is doing - towing / motorway / long distance / or short distance. An engine in any car will gobble up more petrol if it rarely gets to its optimum running temperature - and you will know that when the heater is able to blast oot hot air an the temp gauge indicates hot water - ie I mean its normal point where it would sit after 40-50 miles of motorway driving.

I'm sorry. Yes my RAV is fairly highly tuned and very highly modified. Its running with the turbo engine that is used in racing Celicas; brakes that are used on racing cars; suspension that is used on rally cars; and driven by a total maniac. The beast is almost unique. Only 4 others exist in the world. The 21mpg gave me a surprise cos i thought it would gobble up more....but then we have a little work to do yet!!

Enjoy the RAV; its ride height; its sportiness; and the engine will I'm sure give you enuf to cope with what you expect. Its just a different experience.

I'd love this forum to grow and for people with RAVs to meet together and share experience/ share what modifications they have done and how its turned out - expensive whim or a valuable addition.

My opinion/value is that a car is there to be used. Enjoyed. Each person, each driver has a need or an expectation and each of these is different. I've had a good go at those with 5 door RAVs. Banter and no more. Considering balance and ride stability, I believe that the 3 door RAV with wider wheels is a machine bettered by few others.

If you want to go round corners at 100mph and reach 195 as top speed then you buy a car set up for that. In the UK it will never be used properly.

Of the landrover range, I've done a bit of fairly serious off-roading and the defender style short wheel base is hard to beat. But as an all round all purpose car it cannae come near the RAV. The RAV will do off road - tried it. Deep ruts can be a problem but I'm talking about ruts that tractors normally travel on.

So what the RAV will do is to give you a new experience and take you into situations that most BMWs could not even dream about.

The RAV will better your 26-27mpg.

And one day.

You too will look to tune the car up to optimum!!

Auld Ian wi a passion

Thanks for the comments, the 21mpg really scared me then, thanks for clearing that up.

I usually rev my BMW to around 4000rpm before changing gear (it has a variable valve timing system aswell), the best mpg I have had out of it is 36mpg (and that was nearly all motorway miles, at 60mph), the worst is 23mpg, and that was all city driving and revving it hard to see how it went.

I have test drove the Rav4 twice and liked it, you do have to work the gearbox to get the best from it, but i do that with my BMW anyways.

Will sleep on it, and decide tomorrow, also been looking at the VW Jetta 2.0 TD (140ps) sport, its around the same price range, better fuel economy and cheaper to tax and insure, but it comes with less kit and more miles on the clock.

Decisions decision.....

Don't rush into the decision..... and try a few out. test drives etc. it depends on how much time you have.

I obviously dunno anything about you as regards insurance. If you look at the bundle of cars I have ;

The Jaguar, Humber and RAV are on a Footman james policy as a multiple vehicle policy. I have the RAV limited to 6000 miles a year, although last year I only did 1400 miles in it....mainly due to us renovating it. Its a fully comp policy, under a classic car style, and I think the policy renewal was around £380 for the next year for all the cars..

The Punto is driven by my father as a 2nd driver and again is on 6000 miles a year (the car is 4 years old and has 20,000 on the clock). I have the insurance with SAGA as they are one of the few that will cover him as he is 89 in a fortnight and still driving. Fully comp for £250.

The minibus is the most expensive which I have - really for transporting my mother who died a month ago. She was in a wheelchair so needed a ramp and that was the cheapest vehicle but unfortunately classed as a minibus hence for the <6000miles pa it costs £500 TPFT

You do get a good reduction if your miles are limited. As I have a selection, then theres only so many miles I can drive!!

I hope you choose a RAV but it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Toyotas have a good name

Don't rush into the decision..... and try a few out. test drives etc. it depends on how much time you have.

I obviously dunno anything about you as regards insurance. If you look at the bundle of cars I have ;

The Jaguar, Humber and RAV are on a Footman james policy as a multiple vehicle policy. I have the RAV limited to 6000 miles a year, although last year I only did 1400 miles in it....mainly due to us renovating it. Its a fully comp policy, under a classic car style, and I think the policy renewal was around £380 for the next year for all the cars..

The Punto is driven by my father as a 2nd driver and again is on 6000 miles a year (the car is 4 years old and has 20,000 on the clock). I have the insurance with SAGA as they are one of the few that will cover him as he is 89 in a fortnight and still driving. Fully comp for £250.

The minibus is the most expensive which I have - really for transporting my mother who died a month ago. She was in a wheelchair so needed a ramp and that was the cheapest vehicle but unfortunately classed as a minibus hence for the <6000miles pa it costs £500 TPFT

You do get a good reduction if your miles are limited. As I have a selection, then theres only so many miles I can drive!!

I hope you choose a RAV but it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. Toyotas have a good name

Yeah this is true, My brother in law and my sister have always had Toyota's, and they are quite a wealthy family.

As for insurance, I pay fully comp on my BMW at around £700 a year and it will be £30 more for the RAV, the road tax will be around £30 more also.

The Jetta will be less road tax and insurance and more mpg, gonna go test drive them again today and see how it goes!

Be careful basing any decisions you make on bothy's comments. There is no doubt that for anybody with a 4.1 you cannot take better advice - he is the worlds leading authority but you are not looking at a 4.1 and this particular 4.1 is more akin to a modern day fighter jet than a normal human being's car. Bothy is not normal he is a Scottish version of the $6m dollar man but on a much more frugal Scottish budget with most parts supplied by RS components or eBay. However, all the regulars here love him to bits :hug: . In actual fact the RAF would be quite chuffed with 21mpg for such a creation. What he has failed to tell you so far is that it will be lucky to do 1/2mpg when he kicks it down to afterburner mode but that is where he gets his maximum rush from the g force and being partly asphyxiated by the lack of oxygen within a 200 metre radius of his air intakes.

As Fuj' says wait for Nightstalker to look in or send him a pm.

Bothy - nice to see that you can even influence members avitars these days!!! :D

Be careful basing any decisions you make on bothy's comments. There is no doubt that for anybody with a 4.1 you cannot take better advice - he is the worlds leading authority but you are not looking at a 4.1 and this particular 4.1 is more akin to a modern day fighter jet than a normal human being's car. Bothy is not normal he is a Scottish version of the $6m dollar man but on a much more frugal Scottish budget with most parts supplied by RS components or ebay. However, all the regulars here love him to bits :hug: . In actual fact the RAF would be quite chuffed with 21mpg for such a creation. What he has failed to tell you so far is that it will be lucky to do 1/2mpg when he kicks it down to afterburner mode but that is where he gets his maximum rush from the g force and being partly asphyxiated by the lack of oxygen within a 200 metre radius of his air intakes.

Bothy - nice to see that you can even influence members avitars these days!!! :D

So a rav4 2006 model could infact do 21mpg or there abouts?

Be careful basing any decisions you make on bothy's comments. There is no doubt that for anybody with a 4.1 you cannot take better advice - he is the worlds leading authority but you are not looking at a 4.1 and this particular 4.1 is more akin to a modern day fighter jet than a normal human being's car. Bothy is not normal he is a Scottish version of the $6m dollar man but on a much more frugal Scottish budget with most parts supplied by RS components or ebay. However, all the regulars here love him to bits :hug: . In actual fact the RAF would be quite chuffed with 21mpg for such a creation. What he has failed to tell you so far is that it will be lucky to do 1/2mpg when he kicks it down to afterburner mode but that is where he gets his maximum rush from the g force and being partly asphyxiated by the lack of oxygen within a 200 metre radius of his air intakes.

So a rav4 2006 model could infact do 21mpg or there abouts?

Put it this way, my mate has 4.2 petrol which has a slightly less refined engine but slightly less weight so should balance out to some extent. He gets nearer to 30mpg (28-29) on a mix of duty. You can expect 21 on shorter trips around town, as above with a mix of duty or mid to high 30's on a trip but it all depends on how you drive it, what the weather is like and if at has been properly serviced. Remember it is a utility vehicle with part time 4WD so has a very different purpose in life to a BMW.

You could always go for a diesel which should return at least 40 knocking about but you are looking at another £1k. Your mileage is low so the sums make less sense than if you were doing higher mileages. However, they go really well and have a higher resale value so it is a bit of a balancing act. Don't go down the petrol route and end up being dissapointed for the sake of coughing up a bit more at the outset. In the scale of things £1k isn't a lot but if you are quite happy to poodle about and want a bit more refinement (the diesel is a bit growly by comparison) then stick with the petrol.

If you want a fast petrol then bothy might let you have one of the RAV4 fighters he is currently producing for the Saudi Air Force. They run on a blend of petrol, famous grouse, chip fat and avgas but rather dangerous nitrous is injected during afterburn.

Its a minefield but you could do worse than speaking to Nightstalker or look at a post from bt as he posts live fuel consumption (always better than 30mpg)

Regards

anchorman

you should know by now that using a 4.2 RAV tae pull yer train will only get 21mpg.

Hi,

Thanks.

24mpg, that is a little low for around town driving, maybe i should re-consider?

Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you :o

As Anchorman said, you're best bet is sending a PM (Personal Message) to Nightstalker. Just go back to Post 84 (page 5), find his name, click on it and you will get an option to send him a message. He's a great lad and will offer good advise.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that you will get high twenties / low thirties with a petrol RAV, depending how you drive.

:toot::toot: Did someone call me....

Hello every boddy peeps!!! N Happy New year to you ALL.... :hug:

Not getting :offtopic: so straight to it then!

I sometimes find myself asking if I would have been better off with a diesel.... :(

However saying that I dont tend to do high milage, I only go to and from work 10mile round trip, and to the shops n so on and tend to get around 24 -28 mpg (which gives me about 260miles out my tank) and with the current fuel price it does seem like I am visiting my local Shell quite offten...That's why I sometimes wonder if a diesel would have been better - having never owned a diesel I dont know what they are like on the short trips I make, ie I know that on longer trips the mpg should be significantly better than the petrol but what's it like on short distances???

On boxing day I ended up driving accros into bandit country to visit the inlaws, thats when I noticed that the fuel consumption was a weeee bit better than bumming around town - I got around 31mpg and got closer to the 300mile out of a tank range....

Still got to go up to Bothy territory - which by the way Bothhers... if you read this I WANT TO MEET YOUR 3 DOOR MONSTER!!!! So next time we're up in Bishopbriggs I'll PM you to see if you are up for a visit...if thats ok wiv ya... - this wont be until our new :baby: has arrived though which will be around 14th of March (hope its not 2 weeks early... :( )

So at the time when I got "Big Red" (and thats not directed to the petrol colour Bothy... ;) ) I opted for petrol as I could not stretch the budget to get a diesel and would only be able to get the baby diesel not the mighty T180 ...and as I would be driving in the shadow of the mighty one I thought eh I'll just go for the petrol.

Now then was it a mistake getting the petrol Rav -----HELLLL NOOOO!!!!!!!! :nono:

I love it; yeah agree I'd rather have the mighty one (without the runflat tyres) but hey, perhaps one day when I win the lottery I'll give Big Red to the wife and get myself a CR :jester: ....GET OUTA HERE......

Id stay loyal to MR T and get a T180 and get rid of the runflat tyres - rip off a rear door from a xt3/4 and hey pronto there we go Robs T180 just the way he wants it! I'd then pop up north like knock on Bothys door and see if we could get a 5 Door Rav to break th 300mph :drool::drool: barrier... :thumbsup:

Hope this helps ya....

regards

Rob

:afro: - Need a hair cut!

:toot::toot: Did someone call me....

Hello every boddy peeps!!! N Happy New year to you ALL.... :hug:

Not getting :offtopic: so straight to it then!

I sometimes find myself asking if I would have been better off with a diesel.... :(

However saying that I dont tend to do high milage, I only go to and from work 10mile round trip, and to the shops n so on and tend to get around 24 -28 mpg (which gives me about 260miles out my tank) and with the current fuel price it does seem like I am visiting my local Shell quite offten...That's why I sometimes wonder if a diesel would have been better - having never owned a diesel I dont know what they are like on the short trips I make, ie I know that on longer trips the mpg should be significantly better than the petrol but what's it like on short distances???

On boxing day I ended up driving accros into bandit country to visit the inlaws, thats when I noticed that the fuel consumption was a weeee bit better than bumming around town - I got around 31mpg and got closer to the 300mile out of a tank range....

Still got to go up to Bothy territory - which by the way Bothhers... if you read this I WANT TO MEET YOUR 3 DOOR MONSTER!!!! So next time we're up in Bishopbriggs I'll PM you to see if you are up for a visit...if thats ok wiv ya... - this wont be until our new :baby: has arrived though which will be around 14th of March (hope its not 2 weeks early... :( )

So at the time when I got "Big Red" (and thats not directed to the petrol colour Bothy... ;) ) I opted for petrol as I could not stretch the budget to get a diesel and would only be able to get the baby diesel not the mighty T180 ...and as I would be driving in the shadow of the mighty one I thought eh I'll just go for the petrol.

Now then was it a mistake getting the petrol Rav -----HELLLL NOOOO!!!!!!!! :nono:

I love it; yeah agree I'd rather have the mighty one (without the runflat tyres) but hey, perhaps one day when I win the lottery I'll give Big Red to the wife and get myself a CR :jester: ....GET OUTA HERE......

Id stay loyal to MR T and get a T180 and get rid of the runflat tyres - rip off a rear door from a xt3/4 and hey pronto there we go Robs T180 just the way he wants it! I'd then pop up north like knock on Bothys door and see if we could get a 5 Door Rav to break th 300mph :drool::drool: barrier... :thumbsup:

Hope this helps ya....

regards

Rob

:afro: - Need a hair cut!

No probs about meeting up...

Both of my daughters have tried out the RAV, having known it when it was standard. And they took one or two pals to experience the acceleration (1 at a time as only 1 passenger seat) All speechless about the acceleration and roadholding.

I'm getting at least 240 miles on a tank, and thats very hard driving. Once we boost it up a bit more; replace the HT leads and check out the fuel filter flow, then it might drop a little.

Course, for long journeys, I use the propane bus as its only 45p a litre - not quite as exciting but still can get up to 80 on the downhill :lol: :lol: :lol: Its based on the 2.2 Espace engine.

In chatting to a young chap in Oz who has the same machine, he uses the RAV on sand dunes and drag racing. Dunno wot mpg he gets for that.

Personally, Nightstalker, I didn't even look at the petrol version. I switched to diesel cars in 1987 and, as they've got better and better, I've never hankered after petrol - would be a backward step for me; I still drive petrol in hire cars so I know what they're like. I like the greater flexibility and more relaxed drive of a diesel; lower fuel consumption (40-45 mpg in my Rav4) is just a bonus.

As for the T180 - it's nice on paper but 1) I'll stay away from run-flat tyres for as long as I can - as far as I can tell, standard tyres are cheaper and more practical unless you're a low mileage driver; and 2) the 135bhp in my XT4 has enough oomph for me - I rarely need to floor the accelerator and, when I do (e.g. pulling onto a dual carriageway), I still get up to cruise in plenty of time.

Of course, if you're like Jezza Clarkson and rate all cars according to track performance... (I still smile when I saw them racing some SUVs around their test track to decide which was the best buy).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links