Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minor Niggles, But Still Niggles

Darkside

Well the T180 is now 3 months and 3500 miles old, and as my first diesel after some quick petrol cars I am still more than happy with my choice. Would be interseted if anyone else suffering the following two annoyances:

Passenger seat belt beep BEEPING away in the pre deluge hot weather with no one sat on it!! - goes off when car cools down.

Windscreen wipers hit the drivers pillar when on the fast setting irrespective of speed of rain or car (a pevious car I owned did this if driving fast due to the force/pressure but the Rav does it permanently.

I can probably live with both until I have a service but wondered if anyone suffered (or had fixed) the same things

Well the T180 is now 3 months and 3500 miles old, and as my first diesel after some quick petrol cars I am still more than happy with my choice. Would be interseted if anyone else suffering the following two annoyances:

Passenger seat belt beep BEEPING away in the pre deluge hot weather with no one sat on it!! - goes off when car cools down.

Windscreen wipers hit the drivers pillar when on the fast setting irrespective of speed of rain or car (a pevious car I owned did this if driving fast due to the force/pressure but the Rav does it permanently.

I can probably live with both until I have a service but wondered if anyone suffered (or had fixed) the same things

I have heard of the seat belt warning but only on T180s. I wonder if the seat heating elements put any additional pressure on them? You can of course silence it by fastening the seat belt.

The wiper is just an adjustment - one notch up on the spline might do it. Mine does not do that but I know what you mean, it is annoying. The dealer might do that if you call in.

Good luck.

I have heard of the seat belt warning but only on T180s. I wonder if the seat heating elements put any additional pressure on them? You can of course silence it by fastening the seat belt.

The wiper is just an adjustment - one notch up on the spline might do it. Mine does not do that but I know what you mean, it is annoying. The dealer might do that if you call in.

Good luck.

Must admit winscreen wiper problem not an issue on my T180. But on my previous 4.1 Freesport it did it all the time, especially on really wet and windy motorways. Boy was it annoying.

Clare :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links