Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Built In Sat Nav

TracyUK

Hi, I've recently bought a Yaris and I see it has the capability to have sat nav. Can anyone tell me how i get it fitted and how much it costs? Or is it already there and I can't work it? Sorry if this has been asked lots or is a thick question but i can't find anything in the handbook.

Thanks

Hello Tracy, welcome to TOC

The Yaris had an option to have the Toyota TNS navigation system fitted which provided a monochrome LED map on the universal display screen. (The one that shows your radio frequecy and mpg etc.) The sat nav control buttons on your car are, unfortunately not used unless you fit the optional sat nav.

It was quite an expensive option to have fitted and used a cd mapping system which needed expensive updating.

It is generally accepted that the more modern colour screen aftermaket Sat Navs do a much better job.

It is possible to pick up second hand Toyota TNS systems on E-Bay, but I am not convinced that they would be better than a Garmin or Tom Tom system

Hi, I've recently bought a Yaris and I see it has the capability to have sat nav. Can anyone tell me how i get it fitted and how much it costs? Or is it already there and I can't work it? Sorry if this has been asked lots or is a thick question but i can't find anything in the handbook.

I got a Toyota one from ebay and fitted it myself. It was new and had all the instructions so was fairly straight forward.

That was about 2 years ago, cost £200. Sometimes, now, they go quite cheap. If they are new, all the wiring etc, should come with it, if not, I think you can still get it from Mr. T but wont be very cheap. If you (or someone you know) can do simple wiring and fitting, (stereos, etc). It may be worth it, if not, get a portable. I love my Toyota one though! B)

Thanks

Thanks

Forgot to say, look under passenger front seat. If there is a silver box, like a dvd player there, you have it already.

If not, when (if) you fit one, they tell you to cut hole in carpet to sit it in. I found that the velcro bag that they use in Rav's and Avensis is a better option, fits nice and keeps out the dirt with no need to cut carpet, exept very small holes for wiring. Also, passenger seat needs temp. removing along with parts of dash, to fit. Not too hard though. :) Gar.

Thanks for all your help. I will have a look at the systems. I already have a Tom Tom, just like the idea of having it actually fitted in the car.

What appears to be a bargain could cost you a lot more as there is no software and wiring supplied and you would need these items to make it work.

From memory the software disc is about the price of a modern stand alone sat nav system.

I would not waste my time on the TNS (monochrome) system (early technology)..................but it is your choice :thumbsup:

You will need the wiring loom and ariel, plus the cd rom. They are cheap in eBay, wiring may be problem. If you have someone with the same system, checking the working order will be easy. Just remove thiers, plug this one in, put disc in snd try it out!

There was someone on here a while ago who managed to find a double din fascia for a MK2 Yaris and fitted the full colour display. Not only did it look the part, it also allowed for a stereo upgrade at the same time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links