Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Stalls At Junctions

sphinktar1988

happened twice today

ive came up to a junction changing down the cogs and as soon as the car stops it jidders slightly

then poof it stalls

its happenin when i have my music turned up :S

wondering if it could be that theres a bad earth after i moved my Battery or

the sound systems draining to much power from the Battery and not leaving enough for the car electrics?

any help appriciated

cheers

if its ONLY happening when your musics up, then yea, your overloading your alternator.

bit odd of it to stall out though :unsure:

is it a bit iffy when you start it up again after it stalls?

the ECU has a idle program that it sets into once your car reaches idle, if your using :censor: loads of power, it might not account for the extra engine load caused by the alternator working over time and cut out? but part of me thinks it would account for it?

have you tried starting up your car, turning your music right up and then leaving it? see if it stalls out then, if it doesnt, put your lights on, then A/C or heaters, then wind the windows up and down, use all the electrics you can, see what happens :thumbsup:

if your a competant mechanic you could always get in your engine with a multi-meter and check some resistances

on a related point/topic..... when im sat at traffic lights at night, if im idling, and i blip the throttle, the revs actually drop and the lights dip, then it picks up. Is that normal, is it just ditching the idle map and reading the sensors again?? or have i got a problem? does anyone else get/notice that??

if its ONLY happening when your musics up, then yea, your overloading your alternator.

bit odd of it to stall out though :unsure:

is it a bit iffy when you start it up again after it stalls?

the ECU has a idle program that it sets into once your car reaches idle, if your using :censor: loads of power, it might not account for the extra engine load caused by the alternator working over time and cut out? but part of me thinks it would account for it?

have you tried starting up your car, turning your music right up and then leaving it? see if it stalls out then, if it doesnt, put your lights on, then A/C or heaters, then wind the windows up and down, use all the electrics you can, see what happens :thumbsup:

if your a competant mechanic you could always get in your engine with a multi-meter and check some resistances

on a related point/topic..... when im sat at traffic lights at night, if im idling, and i blip the throttle, the revs actually drop and the lights dip, then it picks up. Is that normal, is it just ditching the idle map and reading the sensors again?? or have i got a problem? does anyone else get/notice that??

Had similar cut out probs on other cars, A merc 190 and a volvo 345. Both times it was caused by prob with a throttle stop spring. one was a bit crushed, sevice tech spotted this and straightened it out, (Volvo) the other, the spring bit had no tension, so the revs just dropped too low as I decelerated, cutting out. Pain in the butt on automatic! Had to adjust screw all the time, till I put thread lock on it. Fine from then on.

hmmmmm

well i checked my engine today

noticed my induction kit wasnt sitting on the throttle body properly so there was air leaking in

and also

my earth lead was in a stupid place i left it thinkin it would be fine but ive moved it to be safe

see if that fixes it

if not ill turn the amps down

and if its not that then im screwed

anyways on another topic

how much r o2 sensors for sr's as i need a new one

i think the first sensor is buggered which can cause all kinds of problems with your engine

do believe this maybe be the cause of my flat spot which ive had for over a year now :(

think ill replace it when i get my sports cat as mot is next month guna miss my decat :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links