Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Review

Cablechap

Apparently, Banzai magazine ran a story in its October 2007 edition, entitled "Does the new Toyota Auris T180 hit treble top?"

Its a back order now, so has anyone read it, and if so, was it any good?

• 2 months later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cablechap

• OldSkoO1

• GreyRacer

• Parts-King

Shame the SR180 is missing the sunroof and keyless entry from the original T180.

Not that bothered about the "moonroof" but agree about keyless entry/starter button - sort of a sporty feature. The only thing missing from my T180 is that rear diffuser which will be added soon, and a lighter window tint all over in the Spring.

Just glad the the T180/SR180 is getting better press.

7.5 secs is not far off the Corolla T-Sport though I doubt it gets to 100 quite as quick - mid 18s.

why is it 7.5 and not 8.1 like the t180 ?

engine is the same :s

My question exactly.

I won't be going out in a hurry to change my T180 though.

My question exactly.

I won't be going out in a hurry to change my T180 though.

Calm down, I'll think you'll find 8.1 is for 0-62 and officially 7.81 for 0-60, but 7.5 is quoted from Quentin's test results on the curcuit - also note he got 138 rather than the spec'd 130.

We do tuning boxes but they work differently on T180 models, so we are waiting for a box to fit, they should have been ready before Christamas but we're still waiting :( An ECU re-map is not available

Kingo :thumbsup:

We do tuning boxes but they work differently on T180 models, so we are waiting for a box to fit, they should have been ready before Christamas but we're still waiting :( An ECU re-map is not available

I'll ask for one from the Easter bunny or for Father's Day, as Christmas and my birthday have since gone. I'd buy a diffuser now if I had a part no. and knew it would definately fit......... :yes:

I will be putting a tuning box in mine when released.

TTE.DE said they have nothing yet or for short term. But i'm hoping when released it will take the car to over 200bhp. Hopefully 205bhp. Enough for me :)

SR180 is nice but glad of sunroof and push button. Already got tints and prefer to add twin exhausts and possibly lower (already scraped rear suspension on crest at angle). Not keen on kit or big spoiler so have flexibility.

Twin exhausts subtle but will stand out i think. Never wanted it to look like a hot hatch; had that in t-sport and compressor; didnt want saloon either. I have plenty of years in me yet before i progress to old mans stretch saloon :D

Why do they work differently on T180 engines ?

I do a chip kit that fits all D4D engines, only the wiring looms are different, the actual "chip box" is the same. However on a T180 there is a difference in the way the chip box works (its programmed in a different way) and we are waiting for the new kits to pass the TUV standard in Germany, this was promised before Christmas but we are still waiting!

whats the expected power increase of your t180 specific chip ?

• 1 month later...
whats the expected power increase of your t180 specific chip ?

Sorry I missed this thread..........Ours is 20% increase in power, however we are still waiting for TUV approval for the T180

Will advise when we have a kit available

Another review for your viewing pleasure or not.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/car477f40186a331.html

Definately needs that chip......

I read in a mag (autocar maybe) that the t180 went round a track as fast as the V6 blade (jap auris) and the v6 is a fair bit quicker. The comment was, when you first drive it, it will come out slower, once you learn to use the torque to your advantage and change correctly the t180 will lap just as quick as the V6.

I suspect a lot of track racing in the t180 will be done in high revs where progress wouldn't be strong.

I would hope the testers would know how to drive a turbo diesel. I'm guessing it's best to change at max power 3600, though saying that the Corolla T-Sport needed changing above 7800, i.e. beyond max power to drop it in the lift at 6200.

3600 definately puts the next gear in the torque peak range above 2000.

Interestingly, there are two reviews for the 2.2 D-CAT. The second has a heavier weight of 1360kg yet a faster 0-62 of 8.1 (which just happens to be the manufacturers claim).

There are alot of other Toyotas tested plus the competition, pretty good site I think. You can do some comparisons if you get bored, including the Avensis 2.2 D-CAT.

Yet another review but in Spanish - You can get the drift though.

http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...active%26sa%3DG

Could do with seeing a performance review after about 11,000 miles on the clock - as the 2.2 d-cat is supposed to loosen up more than other diesels from what I've heard/read.

I dont have a T180 or diesel for that matter, I have a 1.6 TR and it was as flat as yer hat when new. It has now done 4K and its a different car, smooth and quick, so different from when it was new

My T180 has turned 14K miles and all I can say is, it's a flyer. I wish mine was used for these Reports.

Can someone explain exactly what they think loosening up is - I've had my t180 since 0 miles and i can't say i've noticed a clear difference in performance and i am at nearly 8k miles now.

It doesn't feel or sound different and its always been quick. So could someone explain this "loosening up thing". Practically and technically.

Done a bit tinterwebbing today and found no real evidence of the loosening up effect, just hearsay. I'll check if there are any scientific papers when I get a chance but will only be able to pass on any findings as putting a publication on the net will get me shot.

I think a lot might be in the mind, but then, I'm positive my T180 is performing far better than when it was new, especially the gearbox which is much slicker. I know the top speed is better.

I know both my T-sports did also respond better after about 12K.

But then it's all in the mind.........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links