Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 A Bar Anyone ?

dave.m

Oh aye, n the caravan pullers hae screeming we'ens in the back twa... wi an assortment o dugs whit haing oot the windie

OK....it's in the pipe - line! But I think we've exhausted that joke now

I doubt it, you watch, it will all be a pipe dream and everything will go up in smoke, I'm baffled by it all, but won't allow myself to be boxed in, my cat would'nt allow it :beer::beer::beer:

I wanted to slip in a muffler or two but have had one too many :beer:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I knew that quote would back-fire :lol::lol:

OK....it's in the pipe - line! But I think we've exhausted that joke now

I doubt it, you watch, it will all be a pipe dream and everything will go up in smoke, I'm baffled by it all, but won't allow myself to be boxed in, my cat would'nt allow it :beer::beer::beer:

I wanted to slip in a muffler or two but have had one too many :beer:

I knew that quote would back-fire :lol::lol:

Think we have Exhausted all the options now....If we keep going some members may blow a gasket or say were all full of Hot Gasses. Particulate Filter out all the bad puns....Should just stick to our Chrome tail end...

I added bold just for effect....Honest :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn, I put it in my 'watched list' and completely forgot about it. Someone ('richiezook') got a real bargain, as it went for £104 + £20 p&p.

Bit of a wait but it arrived today :) :) Just plucking up the courage to drill the front bumper :unsure::unsure: Dont suppose theres a virtual set of instructions anywere is there ??. R.

Damn, I put it in my 'watched list' and completely forgot about it. Someone ('richiezook') got a real bargain, as it went for £104 + £20 p&p.

Bit of a wait but it arrived today :) :) Just plucking up the courage to drill the front bumper :unsure::unsure: Dont suppose theres a virtual set of instructions anywere is there ??. R.

Jammy git :D Seriously, hope you enjoy it!! I wasn't really sure if I wanted it or not, hence the hesitation on bidding.

I'm sure anchorman could point you in the right direction, in the way of fitting instructions.

Well I might if I knew what it was!!!!

If I try to open the link it just opens eBay.

???

Is this what you're after?

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aimupload...000%20531-3.pdf

Having just tried to read EC directive 2006/ bla bla about bull bars, the main issues are as follows.

Metal bull bars are banned

Bull bars that conform to the directive and are endorsed with the relative type approval number are OK for sale IN MY OPINION :D:

If your a lawyer and I've got it wrong, sorry!

For anybody who feels the EC directive might make useful bedtime reading, PM me with your email address, the pdf is too large to publish on here!

The Toyota bars are still being sold by Toyota, sadly the price from Toyota is daft. I did buy several from dealers who had surplus stocks and was able to sell them at a sensible price, the ones from Toyota would be circa £199 delivered

• 2 weeks later...

If I had a shed full of those..................

I could retire.....:D:

If I had a shed full of those..................

I could retire.....:D:

i'LL SELL YOU THE SHED.....you find the bars

I'll make the shed, sell it to bothy, he will sell it to you and we can all retire. I made this little number for a mate of mine;

SummerHouse.jpg

Nice job :thumbsup: I used to have those doors in the dining room of my last house (from Wicks ) :lol:

Nice job :thumbsup: I used to have those doors in the dining room of my last house (from Wicks ) :lol:

Nice powers of observation. The doors were the only wooden things we bought (I made all the windows and the roof is properly framed). The doors and the roof shingles came from Wickes!

Wow - that's some shed!!

And a water butt!!

Dya build garages????? :) :) :)

Wow - that's some shed!!

And a water butt!!

This is mine I framed the roof and did the rest of the woodwork;

Garage.jpg

And I framed this roof on a six car garage for vintage Rolls Royces.

DSC00002.jpg

Bottom line is I'll build you a wooden hanging gardens of Babylon if the price is right!

Wow - that's some shed!!

And a water butt!!

This is mine I framed the roof and did the rest of the woodwork;

Garage.jpg

And I framed this roof on a six car garage for vintage Rolls Royces.

DSC00002.jpg

Bottom line is I'll build you a wooden hanging gardens of Babylon if the price is right!

Looks far to posh and tidy for me. I'll need to tidy up the place before you even have a look at the foundations....the damp proof course for the slab has been down so long that 8 badgers; 10 foxes and a host of field mice are holed up there for winter!! The neeburs cat keeps clawing its way through the plastic - cannae buy guns up here any mair...! I'll need to lie in wait and stab the little pest!

Having just tried to read EC directive 2006/ bla bla about bull bars, the main issues are as follows.

Metal bull bars are banned

Bull bars that conform to the directive and are endorsed with the relative type approval number are OK for sale IN MY OPINION :D:

If your a lawyer and I've got it wrong, sorry!

For anybody who feels the EC directive might make useful bedtime reading, PM me with your email address, the pdf is too large to publish on here!

The Toyota bars are still being sold by Toyota, sadly the price from Toyota is daft. I did buy several from dealers who had surplus stocks and was able to sell them at a sensible price, the ones from Toyota would be circa £199 delivered

You have it exactly right parts king! the official Toyota one is approved, i have seen the approval document. there are now quite a few approved ones available, but the testing required to get the apporval is very expensive and needs to be done on a type approval basis, that menas that every car that you want to sell it for needs to be tested and approved! this can cost up to £10k per car! most type approved bars are selling for around £300, even the low ones which only need to be tested for lower leg impact. high bars have to have the head impact test done too, see this video on th e Endura web site home page www.endura-fps.com

The long and short of it, if you have an approval certificate, you have no worries. if you don't, you might.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links