Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Surf Suspension

stevecrewe

hi can anyone tell me what is the cause and cure of the front suspension creeking and banging on full lock,i have had a good look underneth and all seems ok,this is a bit puzzling,any advice would be helpful.

It's the steering stops. They prevent the front wheels from steering too much and rubbing the bodywork. If you get someone to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock while you look from under the front of the truck, you'll see what I mean. From new there would have been plastic caps on the bolt heads.

Just apply a blob of grease on them to shut them up.

The parts indicated in yellow in this photo....

BUMPSTOP.jpg

It's the steering stops. They prevent the front wheels from steering too much and rubbing the bodywork. If you get someone to turn the steering wheel from lock to lock while you look from under the front of the truck, you'll see what I mean. From new there would have been plastic caps on the bolt heads.

Just apply a blob of grease on them to shut them up.

The parts indicated in yellow in this photo....

BUMPSTOP.jpg

thanks for that vince i will give that a go,i have heard someone say before to put grease on somewhere but i could not remember where,i suppose the real answer would be to find some plastic caps to fit the bolts,as i work in engineering i maybe able to come up with something and if i can get enough of them i may be able to send them out to other surf owners,anyway i will try my best and thanks again for the info.

a coke bottle top may just shove over the bolt head.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links