Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery For Rav 4

mabozar

I got a new Battery from Kwikfit in Dec. 2007 my car wouldnt start on Thursday[yesterday] so I got the RAC out he said the rating on the Battery is 450AH and he said the minimum for a Rav 4 is 570AH,I took it back to Kwikfit and got nowhere the guy said it was the right size,any advise would be helpful,the Battery doesnt fit in the tray either, it is a GX TD 2001

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• chatman

• bothwell_buyer

• mabozar

Simple, not fit for the purpose, take it back, demand a refund and buy a Toyota optifit Battery, might be a tad dearer but will start your car next week and next year.

These quicker fitter operations will flog anything, it might be the right dimensions, but a diesel takes a bit of cranking over and it needs to be heavy duty. See the manager and tell him the score.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Simple, not fit for the purpose, take it back, demand a refund and buy a Toyota optifit battery, might be a tad dearer but will start your car next week and next year.

These quicker fitter operations will flog anything, it might be the right dimensions, but a diesel takes a bit of cranking over and it needs to be heavy duty. See the manager and tell him the score.

thanks Kingo I thought the guy was at it :thumbsup: I had a very heated discussion with the manager he refused to change it,but I will be up there tomorrow demanding a refund,not fit for purpose eh,swines!! :angry:

Tell him you are going to Trading Standards and Health & safety - it will be cheaper for him to give you a coup,e of batteries...and check the date on his electrical equipment to ensure it was tested within the last year!

And remember your other job is a policeman.....

Petrol RAV's are 45 AH rated, the diesels are rated 70 AH minimum, some are 80 AH that is nearly double that of a petrol engine, PM me the cars chassis number and I will tell you the price of a Toyota one

Petrol RAV's are 45 AH rated, the diesels are rated 70 AH minimum, some are 80 AH that is nearly double that of a petrol engine, PM me the cars chassis number and I will tell you the price of a Toyota one

Kingo ,I took it to a Toyota dealer today and he fitted a 70AH it cost me £103,now to sort out Kwik-Fit,I`ll write to Head Office

Well done, at least one of that power IS fit for purpose, keep your letter brief, to the point, not fit for purpose, want your money back, dont waffle, just tell them as it is, fobbed off with a useless Battery only fit for a petrol car, not diesel, bish bosh :D:

EDIT

Just a quick one on batteries. The price of our batteries went up by 24% on Jan 2 this year, due to the worldwide price hike in lead and other metals. Just a thought when pricing them, you are now going to pay 24% more :eek:

Well done, at least one of that power IS fit for purpose, keep your letter brief, to the point, not fit for purpose, want your money back, dont waffle, just tell them as it is, fobbed off with a useless battery only fit for a petrol car, not diesel, bish bosh :D:

EDIT

Just a quick one on batteries. The price of our batteries went up by 24% on Jan 2 this year, due to the worldwide price hike in lead and other metals. Just a thought when pricing them, you are now going to pay 24% more :eek:

Kingo you have been a great help thanks for that :thumbsup:

Tell him you are going to Trading Standards and Health & safety - it will be cheaper for him to give you a coup,e of batteries...and check the date on his electrical equipment to ensure it was tested within the last year!

BB thanks for that I have just retired from the police, matter of fact!! ;)

BB thanks for that I have just retired from the police, matter of fact!! ;)

spooky - how did I know??

He probably gave you a ticket Bothy.........In your RAV fixed winged inter Continental balistic missile that you drive :D:

He probably gave you a ticket Bothy.........In your RAV fixed winged inter continental balistic missile that you drive :D:

Ony ticket I've had is a lottery failure---until we see what yesterday brings!

Kingo ,I took it to a Toyota dealer today and he fitted a 70AH it cost me £103,now to sort out Kwik-Fit,I`ll write to Head Office

Golly gosh. I've never ever paid more than £45 for a vehicle Battery and that includes the massive heavy duty ones I use for the umpteen ton electric winch. £105 for a Battery?

Naw - ye're kidding me oan!

Dis it come wi a ten year warranty or sumpthin?? Or does that include the £85 fitting fee??

Just dug out my 2002 brochure and it gives the engine Battery Amp hour ratings of 27,36 and 55 for the petrol manuals , petrol auto and diesel models respectively.

Just my luck...........Very cold night last night and this morning the RAV wont start :( :( cranks but very slowly.....no fire up....

Once it has been running say on trip to work in mornings is fine....leave at work and start up when coming home say 8 hours later fine as well. Just left overnight and very cold and she don't like not like it....

:( :( :( :(

Will PM you with a price tomorrow Chatman..........Only trouble is I cant post one, The postie goes all funny on you trying to send a box full of acid through the post.......cant understand why! :eek:

Chatman

The Battery really needs to be drop tested. This is done by placing a heavy discharge accross the Battery and noting the voltage reading. It might be worth taking it to your friendly garage to let them do it because it is also possible for the starter to cause a similar fault. You don't want to buy the wrong thing! I am very aware of how much the old girl has had spent on her already!!!

Just my luck...........Very cold night last night and this morning the RAV wont start :( :( cranks but very slowly.....no fire up....

Once it has been running say on trip to work in mornings is fine....leave at work and start up when coming home say 8 hours later fine as well. Just left overnight and very cold and she don't like not like it....

Hope you get it sorted soon Mate :thumbsup:

And the weather warm's up! :D

Will PM you with a price tomorrow Chatman..........Only trouble is I cant post one, The postie goes all funny on you trying to send a box full of acid through the post.......cant understand why! :eek:

It makes a mess of letterboxes! :lol::lol:

Hope you get it sorted soon Mate :thumbsup:

And the weather warm's up! :D

Isn't the solution easy - thats why God built hills and man put roads on them - to bump start cars??

Don't tell me - you don't have hills? Well, need to move house! :)

Isn't the solution easy - thats why God built hills and man put roads on them - to bump start cars??

Yep there are two hills either side of my cottage and I live in the valley at the bottom ;) ;)

Chatman

The battery really needs to be drop tested. This is done by placing a heavy discharge accross the battery and noting the voltage reading. It might be worth taking it to your friendly garage to let them do it because it is also possible for the starter to cause a similar fault. You don't want to buy the wrong thing! I am very aware of how much the old girl has had spent on her already!!!

I could drop it at the moment..... :angry: :angry: No way of getting to friendly garage (as I'm now on first name terms with them) as it wont start...also see reply to Bothy..otherwise I would...

I will call out the friendly recovery service, and see what they say...I would prefer a Battery cost compared to a starter motor..... :( :( :(

Yep there are two hills either side of my cottage and I live in the valley at the bottom ;) ;)

Strategically weak decision I'm afraid..... Nice to shelter from the winds; but means when the electricity fails as it soon will due to the entire sytem being overloaded (by that I mean the National grid), then nowhere to put the windmill. Also, with global warming, the torrents of water will make your cottage into a houseboat...however fitting paddle wheels to yer RAV might help it a bit.

Good luck with the breakdown recovery people....AXA Assistance have written to me to say they will refund my £404 spent dragging the LR from deepest Lancashire up to Glasgow....so I can go and spend it somewhere else...when I get their cheque. Funny I had to pay the recovery up front then wait a month for the refund?

Strategically weak decision I'm afraid..... Nice to shelter from the winds; but means when the electricity fails as it soon will due to the entire sytem being overloaded (by that I mean the National grid), then nowhere to put the windmill. Also, with global warming, the torrents of water will make your cottage into a houseboat...however fitting paddle wheels to yer RAV might help it a bit.

Good luck with the breakdown recovery people....AXA Assistance have written to me to say they will refund my £404 spent dragging the LR from deepest Lancashire up to Glasgow....so I can go and spend it somewhere else...when I get their cheque. Funny I had to pay the recovery up front then wait a month for the refund?

Here's the busy road outside my cottage this morning in rush hour....

DSCF0630.jpg

Think this first shot above was taken after a Land Rover went past and is the reminiscence of it's smoky exhaust..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCF0631.jpg

Electricity failed last year when a load of trees knocked out the main power lines for the whole villages...if any horse rider was out along the bridal path they would have been toast and burgers.....

At least now I have a load of free wood supply as they recently cut a bigger gap through the cops behind my house away from the power lines....

Nice photos but the old bird looks a bit lost!

Aside of the dieselly generator, i also have 2 petrol gennys - and they've come in useful when we have power losses up here - and this is the boundary of Glasgow! In checking voltage variation, it runs from 161V ac up to 260v ac - why I put a UPS on my computers!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links