Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery For Rav 4

mabozar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• chatman

• bothwell_buyer

• mabozar

mr mr.t charged me £36 3 weeks ago . 1998 2.0 auto .

Blimey , just looked on the Half*rds site and they want 73 quid!

Halfrauds :thumbsup:

Been to Halfrauds before...they tried to flog me a car Battery (Fiesta style) and said that would do.. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: Got to hand it to these kids they do try hard....

My local Mr T quoted me £64.33 +vat....not got it yet though....probably Friday....The Petrol one's are cheaper as they are not as powerful (if that's the right word ;) ) Diesel needs more oomph

Obviously what mine has none off at moment :huh: :huh:

Been to Halfrauds before...they tried to flog me a car Battery (Fiesta style) and said that would do.. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: Got to hand it to these kids they do try hard....

My local Mr T quoted me £64.33 +vat....not got it yet though....probably Friday....The Petrol one's are cheaper as they are not as powerful (if that's the right word ;) ) Diesel needs more oomph

Obviously what mine has none off at moment :huh: :huh:

Oooomph...........I like it......a very technical Oooomph I hope, but we know what you mean

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've just been quoted £49 at Hedge End, Southampton, but they said they'd fit it for me for free, bless them.

I rang up National Tyres because I shall be going there anyway for an oil change and they quoted £79 for a Varta. I know that Varta are good but not THAT good!

I can beat that........:D:

A genuine Optifit Battery for a 99 petrol RAV4 retails at £48.92

TOC price £41.58 PETROL MODELS. Collection Only

Diesel batteries have more Ooomph!............Apparantly......according to Chatman :D:

I just plugged ma LR battery into the charger cos the LR isnae worth a new battery!! Just hope its 12 volts and not 24V !!!!!

Oh you have the delux model with an electrical system then :rolleyes:

I just plugged ma LR battery into the charger cos the LR isnae worth a new battery!! Just hope its 12 volts and not 24V !!!!!

Oh you have the delux model with an electrical system then :rolleyes:

Dunno. The guy said he'd wired it himself and it looks like it. It does have a detachable dashboard tho - probably for crime prevention. He did say it will run without a Battery...now I know! It doesn't need one. Now wheres chatmans hill?? Not sure if the Battery is dun, altho the starter is not far behind - engages 3 out of 10 attempts and behaves as if the Battery is flat. At Motherwell, they have a Rail depot where they dismantle old engines so I could ask if they have an old starter...?

T'other thing is having put new wheels n tyres on, I'll have to shorten the front bumper as its getting in the way...frightened to do it in case it hold the rest together! Maybe I could use my spare 3SFE engine to piggy back the LR diesel? Or even replace it - a newcomer to the RAV range :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just been quoted £49 at Hedge End, Southampton, but they said they'd fit it for me for free, bless them.

mr t wanted £15 to fit a Battery !

as it was booked in to have a new key programmed i thought i would slip the Battery on before they started work on the car, so when we pulled in i sent the other half into to fetch the Battery while i took the old one off, i had it off waiting when she came out and said they want the car now and reckon it'll take you 15 minutes to swap the battery ! 'do you want them to fit it' they asked again, which i refused to pay £15 for and told them if it takes 15 mins to change a battery i can see why their labour charges are so high ! anyway they did the key programing and we were on our way :rolleyes:

I can beat that........:D:

A genuine Optifit battery for a 99 petrol RAV4 retails at £48.92

TOC price £41.58 PETROL MODELS. Collection Only

Diesel batteries have more Ooomph!............Apparantly......according to Chatman :D:

this ended up roughly what we paid as the guy knew we werent happy and gave us a 15% discount..................... with the attitude of one man (very cocky aswell) they might just have lost our custom (we have a rav4 each) ?????

I've patented that saying now..........

Quite right - it's what you say when the bl8##d# thing won't start and ye need tae shove it tae the nearest hill.

I wish I had thought of it.........Ooomph.........Top saying :toast:

I wish I had thought of it.........Ooomph.........Top saying :toast:

The Ooomph has returned now...Business as usual..............

O Bugger back to work in the office Monday :yawn: :yawn: .....Had lovely time working at home all week..... :unsure: :unsure:

Had lovely time working at home all week

pppppffffffsssss...........Work..........at home

That old chestnut ;)

Had lovely time working at home all week

pppppffffffsssss...........Work..........at home

That old chestnut ;)

Yea need to get back to my other secretaries :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually got more done than sitting in the office...Work pay for the broadband I use as well :D :D :D

Only thing is miss the sandwich van and local pub.....making your own lunch is just not the same..... :P :P :P :P

Out with the old and in with the new.....£75 of my hard earned money ;) ;)

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

Didnt you negotiate?...............Looks a bit like retail price to me :o

Didnt you negotiate?...............Looks a bit like retail price to me :o

Local Mr T (Lookers Chelmsford) wanted £96.74, another garage wanted £80 went to what was a Toyota garage now a seat (Johnsons Galley Wood) but they still have the Service part for Toyota's and they wanted £75...They also checked that the Battery was going to fit exactly as the space is limited and only certain types fit in..Get a better service from them as well. :D :D

Just that the Battery part number looks like 28800-YZZAH? ...........that one is £75 retail, not that it matters if you got good service

And it cured your problem?

Certainly did...So much so the wife's nicked the RAV again... ;) ;) ;) Must get those locks changed....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links