Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Out

T Sport 1978

Hi all,

Well its done...The T Sport is gone and its been 3 days with the T180.

What can i say, as i thought i would, i do miss the lift, but nothing much else.

I can safely say that i am totally in love with the torque of the Auris, never again need to change from 6th to 4th for overtaking on the motorway...

Still getting use to using power low down as suppose to revving to get somewhere.

40MPG so far and should get better once i am more use to it.

Anyway, just thought i'd share the experience. :lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T Sport 1978

• ae102

• fisel

• cabcurtains

So it's finally gone then? :huh:

In that case, get out you're in the wrong forum!! :lol:

Glad you like it mate, had one as a courtesy car and i was quite impressed.

Just couldn't give up Lift!!

:D

So it's finally gone then? :huh:

In that case, get out you're in the wrong forum!! :lol:

Glad you like it mate, had one as a courtesy car and i was quite impressed.

Just couldn't give up Lift!!

:D

Yeah, when i look out my window i still expect to see the T Sport... Saying that they actually look really alike from the back, the Auris just has a rounder, fatter bum. ha.

Yeah thanks, i like it not in the way i liked the T Sport... I picked the Auris with my head, but i picked the T Sport with my heart... Does that make any sense?

Keep enjoying the lift my man... :thumbsup:

Tomorrow's Lift is dedicated to you!!

:lol:

Tomorrow's Lift is dedicated to you!!

:lol:

I can hear it right now... I can feel the kick... i can see the BMW driver looking in awe. :yes:

is it just me or does the back of the auris look like a FAT micra? horrible car - 5th gear got it right the other night. no imagination and no decent cars in the line up.

I think all Toyotas are decent cars for people who want no problems and sensible running costs. They seem to be turning into how Honda were 5yrs ago and almost like Nissan were 10yrs ago. Strange plan though, if your customers are all old wrinklies they wont be around to buy anymore cars!

However saying all this, i would have an Auris T180! :D

I think all Toyotas are decent cars for people who want no problems and sensible running costs. They seem to be turning into how Honda were 5yrs ago and almost like Nissan were 10yrs ago. Strange plan though, if your customers are all old wrinklies they wont be around to buy anymore cars!

so 5yrs ago honda had no decent cars in there line-up and 10 years ago nissan han no good cars in the line-up? toyota used to make cars with no probs but not anymore - i have only ever owned toyotas but this will be the last. honda's got them well licked these days.if you want an auris save some money and get a pug 307 and change the badges.

I think all Toyota's are decent cars for people who want no problems and sensible running costs. They seem to be turning into how Honda were 5yrs ago and almost like Nissan were 10yrs ago. Strange plan though, if your customers are all old wrinklies they wont be around to buy anymore cars!

so 5yrs ago honda had no decent cars in there line-up and 10 years ago nissan han no good cars in the line-up? toyota used to make cars with no probs but not anymore - i have only ever owned toyotas but this will be the last. honda's got them well licked these days.if you want an auris save some money and get a pug 307 and change the badges.

I think Toyota's are fine for people who want normal everyday cars, if you want excitement/performance or good looks, you wont find it. As for a 307 you cant be serious, German or Japanese only for me.

I used to own a Megane new shape from new, within 1.5 years it was starting to have problems... As of the day that i let it go, it needed a new exhaust and had 4 ignition coil replaced... Not to mention the electrical gremlins that it use to have. A mate had the 307 and it gave him no ends of trouble also.

THe Corolla was 5 years old when i PX'ed it and it didn't give me a single problem through out the time of ownership despite the high mileage and daily tharashing... I can safely conclude that Jap is ahead of French cars.

The boring image of the Toyota i can live with... What i can't/won't live with is an unreliable car. Look at JD Powers, Toyota dont make the top 5-10 every year by co-incidence. They just make better cars... As for the whole excitement thing, Toyota falls short in return of good cars with lots of kit...I think i know which i'd prefer.

I used to own a Megane new shape from new, within 1.5 years it was starting to have problems... As of the day that i let it go, it needed a new exhaust and had 4 ignition coil replaced... Not to mention the electrical gremlins that it use to have. A mate had the 307 and it gave him no ends of trouble also.

THe Corolla was 5 years old when i PX'ed it and it didn't give me a single problem through out the time of ownership despite the high mileage and daily tharashing... I can safely conclude that Jap is ahead of French cars.

The boring image of the Toyota i can live with... What i can't/won't live with is an unreliable car. Look at JD Powers, Toyota dont make the top 5-10 every year by co-incidence. They just make better cars... As for the whole excitement thing, Toyota falls short in return of good cars with lots of kit...I think i know which i'd prefer.

How many miles did your T-Sport have when you swapped to the Auris?

How many miles did your T-Sport have when you swapped to the Auris?

Its not overly huge but its about 25k above what it should be.

Thanks for that, its now making me wonder who has the highest mileage T-Sport on the forum?

honda's got them well licked these days.if you want an auris save some money and get a pug 307 and change the badges.

You must be taking mind bending substances :D:

Go and buy a Pug, then you will really now what trouble is..........and if you think Honda have got it licked, you are not in the real world I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

honda's got them well licked these days.if you want an auris save some money and get a pug 307 and change the badges.

Go and buy a Pug, then you will really now what trouble is..........and if you think Honda have got it licked, you are not in the real world I'm afraid

not on anything today?!

pugs are *****e - me mother had one. if you read my post correctly you wouldnt write such twoddle - that goes for you too cabcirtains. the auris looks the spit of the pug - blatant copy! ugly, bland and no hot hatch. honda do have toyota licked...... type R, S2000 or would you rather have a t180..... i think not. shame really.

not on anything today?!

pugs are *****e - me mother had one. if you read my post correctly you wouldnt write such twoddle - that goes for you too cabcirtains. the auris looks the spit of the pug - blatant copy! ugly, bland and no hot hatch. honda do have toyota licked...... type R, S2000 or would you rather have a t180..... i think not. shame really.

Think you’re on a bit of the stuff.

Type-R, s2000 or t180? I’ll leave you to figure out how much of a stupid comparison that was.

Honda are producing better performing cars at the moment but that’s completely irrelevant to this thread

not on anything today?!

Toyota took a different route to Honda with their "hot" cars... Its obvious when they withdraw from their range all their coupes and performance models. Their attempt on a hot hatch (i.e T Sport) was probably a compromised one, but that didn't stop them becomming the biggest manufacturer in the world and Corolla being the most sold car in history. What ever their strategies were worked, you can't deny that.

The new Civic Type R is seen as somewhat of a failure...The old Type R beats it pretty much hands down and the whole civic platforms are not without its' problems. The Auris just like the Corolla is there to be sold in numbers, i think the strategy is similar to the Corolla in that it is not an exciting car, but it is well built and has lots of kit and wont break down. They are not claiming it to be the fastest in class, they are just doing a good job on a car that will sell in huge numbers. I am sure thats what Toyota wants, instead of proving who has the hottest cars.

As for the design of the Auris... I think they could have been more adventurous but i can't see why they would base their design on a 307. I can see where you are coming from, but i don't agree. If anything, its a revised corolla at the back and a fat up Yaris at the front.

Also, did you overlook the Lexus ISF for pure performance??? What a car.

I just don't think you understand Toyota is all i am saying... They are all about making good cars that MANY MANY people will buy, they will have perfromance cars in the pipe line and just wait for the next gen cars that are in the pipeline. Don't forget, the cars that you are mentioning are of the older gen and Toyota made a decision to pull their older gen performance cars. They are moving on.

My family has had pugs for years, although dads driving an old golf now, they never gave any trouble, jus bushes and usual service item, bushes cause are road are crap here.Timing belt snapped on a 405 but that was his own fault cause he didnt do it on time, 30k to late!! Another fella i know has a 406 with over 200k on it and its still going strong.

I had another so called crap car before the corolla, a ford mondeo, that car was 100%, never cost me any money and has 164k on it now, such a good car couldn't part with it when i bought the t sport, let the sister have it.

I had a renault clio before that car and it was fine to, she had 134k on her before she met her maker in an accident,not me!!!

I dont think its all down to the car, some of it got to be the way they are look after.

not on anything today?!

Toyota took a different route to Honda with their "hot" cars... Its obvious when they withdraw from their range all their coupes and performance models. Their attempt on a hot hatch (i.e T Sport) was probably a compromised one, but that didn't stop them becomming the biggest manufacturer in the world and Corolla being the most sold car in history. What ever their strategies were worked, you can't deny that.

The new Civic Type R is seen as somewhat of a failure...The old Type R beats it pretty much hands down and the whole civic platforms are not without its' problems. The Auris just like the Corolla is there to be sold in numbers, i think the strategy is similar to the Corolla in that it is not an exciting car, but it is well built and has lots of kit and wont break down. They are not claiming it to be the fastest in class, they are just doing a good job on a car that will sell in huge numbers. I am sure thats what Toyota wants, instead of proving who has the hottest cars.

As for the design of the Auris... I think they could have been more adventurous but i can't see why they would base their design on a 307. I can see where you are coming from, but i don't agree. If anything, its a revised corolla at the back and a fat up Yaris at the front.

Also, did you overlook the Lexus ISF for pure performance??? What a car.

I just don't think you understand Toyota is all i am saying... They are all about making good cars that MANY MANY people will buy, they will have perfromance cars in the pipe line and just wait for the next gen cars that are in the pipeline. Don't forget, the cars that you are mentioning are of the older gen and Toyota made a decision to pull their older gen performance cars. They are moving on.

Probably dumped most of their petrol performance cars because of the high co2 emissions, all European manufactures have to have a average of 140 or their cars soon, thats why 180 diesel me thinks.

Whats the co2 per km on a 180 anyhow?

thats right hogie - but other manufacturers are still producing hot hatches and all have to follow the same rules. my point is the auris is a let down as i have always bought corollas and now when i want to change my car toyota make nothing i would buy. new type r a let down? at least its a petrolheads car - not a **** diesel!

thats right hogie - but other manufacturers are still producing hot hatches and all have to follow the same rules. my point is the auris is a let down as i have always bought corollas and now when i want to change my car toyota make nothing i would buy. new type r a let down? at least its a petrolheads car - not a **** diesel!

Only Toyota id want to buy next is the new celica, think there is some tie up with Subaru.

Id say the French and German will still be producing hot hatches, prob because they sell loads of diesels as it is and have low co2 ratings as company's, but prob along the lines of the vw 1.4 super and turbo charged engine's or similar.

Think there is big fines when this craic with the co2 comes in, if your over the limits as a company i mean. Say merc and bmw are scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do. Prob some tie up with some crowd making smaller cars like fiat or such like to combine their figures, creative accounting i think they call it, either that or merc's are going to become even more expensive to buy to pay the fines!!

164 g/km is a little high really. If I were to make the switch to diesel, it would have to be under 150 g/km.

You'll find BMW have some of the best performance/CO2 compromises at the moment.

118d - 119 g/km and 0-60 in 8.6s.

120i petrol - 152 g/km and 0-60 in 7.6s.

123d - 138 g/km and 0-60 in 6.7s.

BMW are well ahead of the game at the moment. B)

my next toyota will be either the new celica as mentioned above or the CTS compressor, the auris sr180 could be tempting, or maybe just maybe a well looked after supra.

you lot are being too picky toyota have a great range of cars and always will even if at this moment in time they dont, be patient.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links