Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Tailpipe Trim For 4.3 Rav

dave.m

Been searching for some time for a suitable tailpipe trim, to no avail. Dont know why Toyota made it such

an odd size / shape. Anyway couldn't find one so I thought Bayne&Ducket, just have to make one. Which

I did , in work (much to the amusement of my fellow employees, who haven't seen me work a machine for

years). Unfortunately due to the bend on the tailpipe, it needs to be shorter than I would have liked. :rolleyes:

P1010019.jpg

P1010018.jpg

Looking good Dave, Looking good :thumbsup:

I had to do a similar thing with mine. Found one that should make a nasty rasp, but it had an inner diameter that was too small. Cut out the inside bit which makes the rasping noise and left the shiny bit, which was big enough to fit.

shiny.jpg

But didn't our long gone mate Fuji find one that fit his 4.3? It's on here somewhere, I'm sure.

You want to be careful, you could end up with a full order book for those! :D

Can I ask how you secured it or is it just "push fit"?

Nice one Dave.... been looking for one on my 4.2 RAV...but as you say Toyota make them such an odd size (think mine is 62mm dia) none fit..... would like one that faces down...so when I boot the RAV at least the tarmac gets a good smoking.....

Chatman, I got one for my 4.2 from one of those national chains, Motorparts or similar. It was a tight fit but chapped it on

with a hammer and piece of wood to protect.

SHCM, I tapped a hole at other end a fitted a stainless screw to secure, its also quite a snug fit ;)

Nice one Dave.... been looking for one on my 4.2 RAV...but as you say Toyota make them such an odd size (think mine is 62mm dia) none fit..... would like one that faces down...so when I boot the RAV at least the tarmac gets a good smoking.....

To be honest Chatman, mine was originally fiddled for my 4.2 and transplanted onto the 4.3 when I got it. You're right pointing down would be better - especially with the 4.3 because the exhaust is angled like that - where the 4.2 is straight if I remember correctly -with more pipe to clamp to before the first box.

Ok, thanks Dave re the fitting - sound like we have something very similar. :thumbsup:

To be honest Chatman, mine was originally fiddled for my 4.2 and transplanted onto the 4.3 when I got it. You're right pointing down would be better - especially with the 4.3 because the exhaust is angled like that - where the 4.2 is straight if I remember correctly -with more pipe to clamp to before the first box.

Ok, thanks Dave re the fitting - sound like we have something very similar. :thumbsup:

Found this in eBay CLICK HERE but at £35 is a bit steep + £5.99 pp ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheats!!!

Get a real thru system!

Dont know if you can zoom in on these wasnt photoing ex trim in particular but £16.99 from BMS autospares 72mm i think but will check later,formula4 do a downswept one up to 72mm but its£32. 90p mine clamps on with an exhaust clamp which i sprayed black.. :thumbsup:

justpolishedmyRav009.jpg

justpolishedmyRav002.jpg

Hey Stu

Does the dealer tax your car every 12 months for you? That was the question I asked when I collected my car following which I peeled the sticker out of the back window while they watched!!!!

I like the exhaust trim. My bog standard tailpipe looks a bit dull. Might have a shop around in the USA.

Hey Stu

Does the dealer tax your car every 12 months for you? That was the question I asked when I collected my car following which I peeled the sticker out of the back window while they watched!!!!

I like the exhaust trim. My bog standard tailpipe looks a bit dull. Might have a shop around in the USA.

They stick those things right in your view....Peeled mine off a couple of days after purchasing.....Hope you gave theirs back anchorman... ;) ;)

They should pay you for advertising there dealership....also like to plaster them all over the number plates...Then again I don't have that issue as mines private... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Freeflow Exhausts in Shotts make up exhaust stuff and tailpipes - after a good weekend at Crail Banzai Bash, doing 1/4 mile runs, the RAV is going back to them to get the rear box modified to improve the high rev power. Probably mean the rear tail piece will be changed as well. Course, it'll be a good bit louder but am I bovvered? :lol:

Freeflow Exhausts in Shotts make up exhaust stuff and tailpipes - after a good weekend at Crail Banzai Bash, doing 1/4 mile runs, the RAV is going back to them to get the rear box modified to improve the high rev power. Probably mean the rear tail piece will be changed as well. Course, it'll be a good bit louder but am I bovvered? :lol:

Hey Bothy note a bit of Chavism in your accent there. :g: :g: ..You brought a Burberry Cap as well to use when cruising in the RAV. :jockey: ...Southend is a fare old drive from your location..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

100% spot on - I don't understand these people who drive around with unpaid advertising for car dealers on the windows - especially when they are blocking their view out the back.

Maybe that explains the number of lamp-post shaped dents in bumpers :D

Hey Bothy note a bit of Chavism in your accent there. :g: :g: ..You brought a Burberry Cap as well to use when cruising in the RAV. :jockey: ...Southend is a fare old drive from your location..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burberry Cap - is that Andy's brother??? :lol:

Hmmmmmm, so it seems there are some aftermarket ones which will fit after all.

Well if any of you are looking, a 66 MM bore is a nice snug fit to tap on. Stu, dont

know if its a trick of the camera but yours does not seem to be as angled as ours.

Re the stickers, I have not removed mine yet, I am still getting over the stupidity

of it being there. Because of the privacy glass you cant see it so whats the point ?

Interferes with your view Dave, rid it!

Gladly, especially when I update my thread on dealer reviews :lol:

Gladly, especially when I update my thread on dealer reviews :lol:

Film it being ceremonial being burnt...then YouTube the result :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if any of you are looking, a 66 MM bore is a nice snug fit to tap on. Stu, dont

know if its a trick of the camera but yours does not seem to be as angled as ours.

Re the stickers, I have not removed mine yet, I am still getting over the stupidity

of it being there. Because of the privacy glass you cant see it so whats the point ?

Mine is 75mm so in reality it goes over the bend to the part where the exhaust widens, imo it looks good from the back and side but if you were to actually lie down and look at it thru the wheelarch it looks a bit tacky as it is wider than the exhaust, hard to describe but it has a slot half way thru it which an ex-clamp sits in then u tighten clamp from the top with 2 nuts so will fit any pipe from 25mm to 75mm, consider myself chastised over rear sticker especially as i dont like that dealer will remove immediately. :(

Mine is 75mm so in reality it goes over the bend to the part where the exhaust widens, imo it looks good from the back and side but if you were to actually lie down and look at it thru the wheelarch it looks a bit tacky as it is wider than the exhaust, hard to describe but it has a slot half way thru it which an ex-clamp sits in then u tighten clamp from the top with 2 nuts so will fit any pipe from 25mm to 75mm, consider myself chastised over rear sticker especially as i dont like that dealer will remove immediately. :(

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Sticker removed and close ups of trim not brilliant but will do till i can afford twin tailpipe rear box :drool: anyone know if you can retain rear mudflaps with TTE backbox

Cleanest drive I've seen in ages...and all the bricks are in line as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleanest drive I've seen in ages...and all the bricks are in line as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THANKS Chatman, the gardener does his best but hasnt had much chance with the weather so far this year, incidently as i enjoy the badinage and joviality on this site, I thought i'd give a little back so decided to become a bronze member (times are hard) but i notice you are a gold member, is this only for titled people? as i only seemed to have a choice between bronze and silver.. :D :D

THANKS Chatman, the gardener does his best but hasnt had much chance with the weather so far this year, incidently as i enjoy the badinage and joviality on this site, I thought i'd give a little back so decided to become a bronze member (times are hard) but i notice you are a gold member, is this only for titled people? as i only seemed to have a choice between bronze and silver.. :D :D

One must uphold one's esteemed title and statue in the presence of others :king: :king: :king:

Been a member on here for a long time....Keep this up local, and you will want to join the TOC R4SBADLTWSWID CLUB next........

That leads me to a question I have been wondering about for a while .....

What does "TOC R4SBADLTWSWID " mean ?

PS I think Gold membership is like a life peerage - now longer available :( - as said, only bronze or silver (I went for silver instead of bronze as it included a couple of stickers for free to help preomote the club)

That leads me to a question I have been wondering about for a while .....

What does "TOC R4SBADLTWSWID " mean ?

PS I think Gold membership is like a life peerage - now longer available :( - as said, only bronze or silver (I went for silver instead of bronze as it included a couple of stickers for free to help preomote the club)

Ok as you've asked

Rav4SadBast***AndDontLetTheWifeSeeWhatI'mDoing club.....(swear blocker part taken out :rolleyes: )

"Are you looking at those !Removed! car's again" bla bla bla :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

No stickers or any advertising needed....just good selective hearing.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links