Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Possible

jibbbbbb

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO HOOK MY PHONE TO THE STERO ON THE RAV , I WAS THINKING OF BUYING AN IPOD KIT BUT I USE MY PHONE MOST OF THE TIME, ITS GOT A 2 GIG MEMORY SO I CAN FIT PLENTY OF MY FAV TUNES ON IT , IT WOULD SAVE HAVING TO BURN TO CDS ALL THE TIME . I WILL TAKE A QUESS SOME ONE ON HERE HAS ALL READY DONE IT , OR NO,S SOMEONE WHO NOWS HOW TO DO IT , MY PHONE IS SONY ERRICSON W880I , AND I HOPE YOU CAN TELL WHAT RAV IT IS BY THE INFO I ALLREADY PUT IN .

CHEERS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not an expert but my feeling is no but even it it were it would sound horrible and with no stereo. If you are not bothered about the sound quality I would try an fm transmitter that picks up on the radio but even then they are iffy. Everybody I have come accross that has had any success in playing back music has had to have it hard wired in some way.

Cheers

I'm not an expert but my feeling is no but even it it were it would sound horrible and with no stereo. If you are not bothered about the sound quality I would try an fm transmitter that picks up on the radio but even then they are iffy. Everybody I have come accross that has had any success in playing back music has had to have it hard wired in some way.

Cheers

thanks for the reply mate , looks like im buying more cds the weekend then .

jibbbbbb,

Are you using the standard RAV VX head unit (18302 I think is it?)? and having looked you phone on the web, am I right in thinking it has a 3.5mm head phone socket?

If yes to both and you don't mind having the CD changer under the seat disconnected, then I expect you can do this with something like a connect2 aux adapter. A 3.5mm to phono plug lead from phone to aux adapter would also be needed and if the level out of the phone is too much for the stereo it can be reduced with a few resistors.

I did something similar with my old 4.2, to feed audio from a car PC and an amateur radio tranceiver, through the RAV stereo.

You could have my old aux box, but I want one of the chips out of it for another project :D.

Of course, if you happen to be coming to Warrington, I could bring the aux box and we could try it :D Only needs the CD changer disconnecting, which is relatively easy (no car disassembly!).

Cheers

Evenin' shcm!

And I'll bring you a fm transmitter to try jibbbbb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links