Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav Nrg 3 Door

Phil Aylott

Hi All,

just joined last night, i hope someone can help me. I've just bought a Rav 4 nrg 3 door for my wife's birthday. I bought from a main dealer (used car) part exchanged her Yaris CDX!.

However after the first week the car was suffering from high fuel consumption, hardly any acceleration in stop start traffic, and a shuddering in low gears, the hazard warning light came on, i was informed the crank solonode sensor was the problem, they told me they had fixed it.

Last week the problem was still there (however no warning light), I took back to the dealer who then replaced the sensor with a new one (last time they just reprogrammed it!).

Last night the problem is still there, and the dealer has siad they will test the car, however if no fault shows up, how can they fix it!

As you can imagine the wifes not happy, and I feel maybe the dealer is not being that helpful, bearing in mind i have only had the car 2 weeks.....

Has anyone had this problem before, if so is it easy to rectify or have i got a real problem?

any advice greatfully recieived....

Phil

Hi Phil

Welcome to the club.

I take it to have the 2.0 VVTi engine which is normally pretty reliable. Tell the dealer you want it sorting once and for all or get your money back. They have all the resource needed to sort it out and it should have had some sort of warranty so don't worry too much. WE had one member here that had about £4k spent on sorting a problem out all under warranty. Just make sure you know when the warranty runs out and come to an understanding with the dealer about them being sure you want it sorting or your money back.

Cheers

Dear Phil

I'm not adverse to having a fast run down to essex (always wanted tae see whit a flood plane looked like!) And hae a wee look at essex man an essex wuman as ye read aboot them in the Times magazine aw the time.

First but is a welcome tae here - and I'm ecstatic tae see anither wi a 3 door petrol. Yer obviously a rreal man wi real taste - and so I bbet yer wifes a real beauty!!

So I can unnerstan yer perplexitacity. Do as anchorman says - find out how long a warranty you have on the car. Talk to Trading standards as a wee investment tae make sure ye dae things proper - and from my experience confirm everything in writing cos whats said is always denied. Gie em a letter to say how disappointed you are that the RAV is not performing tae yer expectation (and tae whatever standard the salesman said, by referring back to what he said).

The VVTi engine is in more than jist the RAV so the dealer should have knowledge of it. Theres a few things that cuid cause the sypmtoms, but fundamentally it should be running sweet. If you wish, you could try asking another dealer for an opinion but it might cost.....give these guys a chance to fix it and be firm in your dealings. And always back it up with a letter the next day, everytime - even if it means a daily letter. This should give you a solid foundation should you need to threaten court action.

If they mess you about, me an the gang'll be down. Why else do I have 6 8 ton slings ?? As a registered nutter, ahm entitled tae mair tablets - no jail! B) B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links