Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2003 Nv Info

stevev

:wacko: Help, I have just purchased a 2003 5 door Rav4 NV, and i need a bit of help. The first is any idea of the best place to get a parcel shelf without paying a fortune? The other is it has a immobiliser as standard but is there an alarm standard? it has a green light which does'nt do anything and the key does not lock or unlock all the doors but the button inside the car does. is there something wrong? If it helps there is no remote locking and it does have double locking? Any advice would be appreciated

I have just recently purchased a 2003 5D NV. I have have just been to check wether the remote locks all the doors and it most certainly does.

With regards to the alarm, I am sure one is included, but I have never actually heard it or seen it 'arm'. I press the lock button twice - once to lock to the doors and once to arm the alarm. The only clue I get that something has happened is the indicators flash and I hear the doors click - and thats it on both button presses. My old car used to make a small beep to indicate the alarm is armed, but this doesnt.

Hi Steve

Welcome to TOC, the NV came with remote central locking so you should be able to lock the doors with the buttons on the key. The key will also lock and unlock all doors.

The car does come with an alarm as standard, this is armed with the 1st press of the button. The 2nd press deadlocks the vehicle ;)

I'm wondering if a previous owner has set up the car to only unlock the drivers door (or there could be a fault!)... :wacko:

I have just recently purchased a 2003 5D NV. I have have just been to check wether the remote locks all the doors and it most certainly does.

With regards to the alarm, I am sure one is included, but I have never actually heard it or seen it 'arm'. I press the lock button twice - once to lock to the doors and once to arm the alarm. The only clue I get that something has happened is the indicators flash and I hear the doors click - and thats it on both button presses. My old car used to make a small beep to indicate the alarm is armed, but this doesnt.

Many thanks, i think that the problem is that i am missing the remote key. Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links