Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet Look Tyres

paulmel

Hi

Anyone got any recommendations for wet look tyres. Just been looking at the pictures of the new SR180 and although I know the tyres are obviously new/unused, I'd love to get that look every time I wash my own.

Thanks.

Hi Paul, usually when I do mine I use son of a gun or similar. Just spray on an old sponge and wipe tyre walls. :thumbsup:

Paul,

I've tried quite a few products over the years. None of them last on the tyres very long, despite the claims on the cans/bottles and particularly if the road is wet. I'm still a sucker for applying the stuff every time I clean the RAV though.

Over the past 12-18 months, I've found the "Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel" to be about the best. Not that it seems to last a great deal longer on the tyres than the others, but because I don't seem to get through a bottle anywhere near as fast as the others. Maybe more messy and slower to apply than a spray though.

Cheers

Hello mate

If you want your tyres to look really good mate then i recommend this. I use it all the time and it lasts for weeks :thumbsup:

clicky

jerry!!

Over the past 12-18 months, I've found the "Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel" to be about the best. Not that it seems to last a great deal longer on the tyres than the others, but because I don't seem to get through a bottle anywhere near as fast as the others. Maybe more messy and slower to apply than a spray though.

I'm with shcm and jerry - and I find it easier to put on than a spray (I find using a spongy pad easier than spraying the stuff all over the rim by mistake!)

My local garage sold me some trade stuff which I rather like. Its paint on liquid but it dries to a dull sheen that looks like a new tyre. Not rembering the name is not very helpful but I could get it if you prefer that look.

BTW anything meguires I have tried is excellent.

Guest Snowy3

I have a spray - think its called Hot Tyres or something like that. See my avatar for an example! prob is like others have said it doesnt last very long and you have to make sure it doesnt go on the tread.

The wetlook will stay much longer when the tire is cleaned before.

I use a degreaser first and give the tire a good rub with a brush. Tire will be grey/brown when it is dry again.

Then apply the tire gel (i use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Gel) with a sponge or big paintbrush. Works for a few weeks!

DSC03193-600.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links