Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Seats

Hoovie

in my pink nylon shell suit,

Thank god for that...I thought I was the only one who had one :unsure: :unsure:

Careful Chatman, I might be coming to the Motor show, Me + Anchorman on a puff puff, I'll wear my pink nylon Shell suit, if you wear yours :boat:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• local hero

• anchorman

• Fujisan

in my pink nylon shell suit,

Thank god for that...I thought I was the only one who had one :unsure: :unsure:

Careful Chatman, I might be coming to the Motor show, Me + Anchorman on a puff puff, I'll wear my pink nylon Shell suit, if you wear yours :boat:

Na left mine in Manchester...remember that club you told me about...Had to remove it to gain entry :o :ph34r::eek::crybaby:

Any how trains from Manchester dont work....the one I took back Friday did'nt....Cancealed then had to all squeeze two train worth of happy punters onto another....

Got home at @11pm...after leaving Manchester Piccadilly @6pm :angry: :angry:

Thats why I'm flying down for the Motorshow, dont fancy 8 hours of rickety old trains......especially on the way back when Ive had a few :beer:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Any how trains from Manchester dont work....the one I took back Friday did'nt....Cancealed then had to all squeeze two train worth of happy punters onto another....

Should have went in your Rav mate :thumbsup: mines got a nice long journey next weekend, the annual jaunt

to Jersey via Poole. :yawn::yawn: (and the missus does not drive :crybaby: )

Should have went in your Rav mate :thumbsup: mines got a nice long journey next weekend, the annual jaunt

to Jersey via Poole. :yawn::yawn: (and the missus does not drive :crybaby: )

No problem for me if the train breaks down, bringing my own mechanic, and if the driver conks out, got a spare one of those as well.. :thumbsup:

and if all that fails we can always take a cab.. :thumbsup:

Thats why I'm flying down for the Motorshow, dont fancy 8 hours of rickety old trains......especially on the way back when Ive had a few :beer:

Kingo arrives at London City.....

kingo.jpg

This has got to be the longest off topic for us RAV's..........What was it about again ;) ;) ... Oh yea Leather Seats....

DSCF0226.jpg

This has got to be more befitting Kingo....

hang.gif

Kingo arrives at London City.....

kingo.jpg

What the Flock Kingo, you'll need a few drinks if thats how your flying back, and some of that leather scent as well, nice outfit, puts mine+chatmans

pink Shell suits to shame, looks like theres a spare leather seat at the front, (See still on topic) but think i will stick with the train :lol::lol:

and getting back on track talking about Leather ..... :lol:

There seems to be a mini-surge on RAV4 Leather on eBay :)

One guy had 8 sets of Leather fitted covers to sell: Toyota Rav 4 leather kits

They are kits that his company used to get in and Retro-fit onto RAV4 VXs imported from Denmark back when importing cars used to be worth £000's. He was clearing out a storeroom and came across these 8 sets left over.

Apparently they cost £600 each set back then - he is looking for £75 a set - Mine should be arriving on Friday :)

And from another seller is a set of Leather seats and Door Cards from a 2005 XT5: TOYOTA RAV4, XT5 BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR SEATS + PANELS

Don't know what reserve guy has set - last similar set went for £520

Well, I got the seat covers today - Look good :), smell good ;) - Full set of front and rears, plus head restraint covers and 4 pieces of matching leather squares that I am guessing is to replace the cloth trim on the door cards.

Test fitted one of the Head Restraint covers and it fits well - definately a made-to-measure fit for the RAV4 seats :thumbsup:

Hoovie, forgive me if you know this already, but there is a tech doc on how to install leather seat covers at the techdoc site

Robert - I didn't know and I am most happy you have told me :yes:

Just got it now - That will be pretty handy as a reference. Although the covers I have have different fittings (and are evidently made by a third party but the quality still looks very high), I can use the guide to confirm key fixings :thumbsup:

I wish all these Toyota guides had some words to go with the pics, though! I like to read the odd word to confirm I am interpreting the pictures right :rolleyes:

I wish all these Toyota guides had some words to go with the pics, though! I like to read the odd word to confirm I am interpreting the pictures right :rolleyes:

Oooh, I know - still smarting from the embarassment of contacting Kingo when I couldn't fit the side steps he'd sent, and thought I'd got the wrong ones,only to find out I couldn't follow the pictures.... :blush::blush::blush:

Well, I got the seat covers today - Look good :), smell good ;) - Full set of front and rears, plus head restraint covers and 4 pieces of matching leather squares that I am guessing is to replace the cloth trim on the door cards.

Test fitted one of the Head Restraint covers and it fits well - definately a made-to-measure fit for the RAV4 seats :thumbsup:

Hi Hoovie,

I'm the last one to tell another guy what he wants in a car ( spending his money? ), but have you considered seat heaters whilst you are fitting the leather? Not worth having at this time of year of course, but first thing on a winters morning and after being outside all day in the cold - great!

Best regards

Chris

Hmmmm - Not considered that :g: (Local Hero falls off his seat that Hoovie missed a pimping option :D )

Could you tell me more - I like the idea :thumbsup:

Hmmmm - Not considered that :g: (Local Hero falls off his seat that Hoovie missed a pimping option :D )

And what about fitting back massagers as well :thumbsup:

ps think you should get that caravan Hoovie, just think what you could do to that.. :yes:

And what about fitting back massagers as well :thumbsup:

I was thinking about installing Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud in the rear seat to perform that duty :wub:

Hi Hoovie,

don't know about the 4.2, but the 4.3 has heated front seats on the ( if I remember correctly ) the XT4, XT5 and T180. They work by interposing a flexible heating element, often carbon fibre, between the seat padding and, in your case, the leather. The seat backs are heated as well. My Isuzu Trooper had them and I really missed them when I moved to the Vitara - one of the reasons for changing to the RAV! I found a supplier for an after market kit for the Vitara in the states but never got across there again after I bought the Vitara.

If they were fitted on any of the 4.2 range ( excuse my ignorance on the model names ), I'd bet that the wiring is in place between where the switch fits and the underside of the seat so fitting would just be a matter of putting the elements in the right place when you fit the leather. From the photo's of the kit you have bought it looks excellent. If you need any extra upholstry materials ( padding etc. and can't source it locally, PM me as we have an "Upholsterers Wharehouseman" locally. Might be worth talking to the people who supplied your cruise control about supplying them or one of the other people that come up with a google search on "heated car seats".

The ones on the RAV are frighteningly effective compared with any others that I've tried.

Best regards

Chris

I think I am convinced :D

Me and wifey are always arguing about the heat in the car - I like it hot, she cold - middle of winter she has the temp on cold! summer time I am wearing a coat in the car :boxing:

This could be a very handy way to keep the peace :D

I see quite a few switches on eBay that will look fine on the RAV dash switch positions for just a couple of quid and seem to be a fair number of seat elements as well there for little money - got to be worthwhile to do :thumbsup:

Well, a pair of imported Toyota Seat Warmers will only be £750 so I will be fitting those :thumbsup:

or maybe not :D

I have bid on a complete Heated Seat kit on eBay - Driver + Passenger, plus all wiring, switches, etc - £60, which is more like it :)

Hoovie - Pimping his RAV one piece at a time ;)

I think I am convinced :D

Me and wifey are always arguing about the heat in the car - I like it hot, she cold - middle of winter she has the temp on cold! summer time I am wearing a coat in the car :boxing:

This could be a very handy way to keep the peace :D

I see quite a few switches on eBay that will look fine on the RAV dash switch positions for just a couple of quid and seem to be a fair number of seat elements as well there for little money - got to be worthwhile to do :thumbsup:

Hang on Hoovie - there may be another solution to this problem. My wife likes the car hot and I hardly ever switch the heater on................

Naw - the £750 Toyota ones would be cheaper.

Much cheaper.

155231150_o.jpg

Maybe the £750 IS the better option

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links