Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Seats

Hoovie

155231150_o.jpg

Maybe the £750 IS the better option

Kingo :thumbsup:

Bl**dy hell Kingo! That should be moved to the RFT thread.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• local hero

• anchorman

• Fujisan

155231150_o.jpg

You'r a fussy lot! she does it for me, prefer a non smoker to be honest, are those, carrots growing out of her head? :drool::drool::drool::drool:

:thumbsup:

Sorry Hoovie, I need to clean my ears out

Stew, I thought they were carrots too but on closer inspection I think you will find they are giant !Removed! ends :eek: I like a classy bird ;)

155231150_o.jpg

You'r a fussy lot! she does it for me, prefer a non smoker to be honest, are those, carrots growing out of her head? :drool::drool::drool::drool:

:thumbsup:

Local...you had here in the back of your CAB last week no doubt....I know they have a classier type of bird in Manchester...I've seen em... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Coming out of the Palace Hotel....

Getting back on topic .... AGAIN! :D ......

Leather retrim is underway. Fist pic is a sort of "before and after" - The rear seats have been done now. The fronts will be done in a weeks time once I have the heated seat kit ;)

Leather-BeforeandAfterMedium.jpg

And a better view of the Rear Seats now:

LeatherBackSeatsMedium.jpg

Looking good Hoovie :thumbsup:
WOW!!!looking brill, Hoovie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its extremely good!

Nice work Hoovie.

Cheers Guys :)

The heated seat kit arrived this morning, and for £67 I am very pleased with it.

Seems very well thought out with connectors in sensible places, nice switches and good quality construction, and has two different heat settings (three if you include OFF ;) ) which is a bonus :thumbsup:

Only 'complaint' I would have so far is there is no illuminated indicator for when the seats are on, which would be handy, so invested in an extra £2.50 worth of resistors and LEDs to wire up my own, so no great shakes there :)

Little update on the heated seats ....

fitted the switches with the LEDs now . I positioned the holes for switch and LED by eye and they are not exactly right, so if I can find a couple of blanks from a scrapper to mutilate again to do it better, I will, but they will do until then :)

Switch for left and right - each seat has two settings for heat. As the switch has no visual indicator, I added the LED and wired in with a couple of resistors to drop the voltage to the right value.

Heated_Seats-1.jpg

When the seat is off, the LED is just 'white' (actually off). When the seat is on setting I, the LED is on Amber, and when at setting II, the LED switches to Red. So in this pic, the passenger is gonna get a toasty bum, while the driver just gets a slight warming :D

Heated_Seats-2.jpg

Needed to get these in place early so when the pads get fitted, they can be tested and checked before everything is bolted together again.

OK.. Update time :)

Front Seats are now retrimmed and done.

FrontSeats-2.jpg

The seats came with 4 leather swatches for the doors to replace the cloth inserts but looking at the doors, I am not going to bother as I reckon they match in well as they are :thumbsup:

The Heated Seat elements are fitted - while the seats were out the car, I could route the cables nicely inside the centre console and then under the carpet alongside the existing cabling to each seat.

Cable from left and right from switches and then taking their own route for each side

IMGP1416Large.jpg

Passenger Cabling

IMGP1417Large.jpg

Driver Cabling

IMGP1418Large.jpg

Over the shoulder shot of the seats and the switches

Switches.jpg

And a final touch not mentioned before, I think ;)

Replaced the gearstick gaiter with a leather version from eBay for £8

Gaiter.jpg

FrontSeats-2.jpg

The seats came with 4 leather swatches for the doors to replace the cloth inserts but looking at the doors, I am not going to bother as I reckon they match in well as they are :thumbsup:

The Heated Seat elements are fitted - while the seats were out the car, I could route the cables nicely inside the centre console and then under the carpet alongside the existing cabling to each seat.

Cable from left and right from switches and then taking their own route for each side

IMGP1416Large.jpg

Passenger Cabling

IMGP1417Large.jpg

Driver Cabling

IMGP1418Large.jpg

Over the shoulder shot of the seats and the switches

Switches.jpg

Gaiter.jpg

Looks FANTASTIC Hoovie! Got to be cheaper than a new motor ( regardless of what some wives would tell you ) and just as good. Now about those Lexus wheels that you say at the motor show........

Brilliant job

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris :) The front covers are very tight, which is why they are a little riucked at the side - but that is good, as I think once they have been sat in for a couple of weeks I will be able to smooth them down nicely.

They were very nice wheels, weren't they :drool:

Hoovie, that is not just good, it is stunning. :thumbsup: I dont know how much labour was involved but if you could source all the bits, at the right price i reckon MR T would charge £2000 for that, Leather option is £1250, i think, plus heated seats, plus gear lever, :toast: Absolutely first class..

( now when are you fitting that multi media player CM nicked from that cross-dresser)?

Hoovie,

Those seats are bostin' (as we say at this end of the M5) :yes::thumbsup:

Although I quite liked the "RAV4" lettering on the seat back of the seats that Mr T fitted in my old 4.2, from here, those of yours look much better in every other respect.

FrontSeats-2.jpg

Great job Hoovie :toast:

They look top-notch! :thumbsup:

Note to self: Must read threads before sending PM's :lol::lol:

Gaiter.jpg

Love the Monkey! :lol::lol:

Now we know where you've been get your fuel economy tips from! :yes:

Love the Monkey! :lol::lol:

Now we know where you've been get your fuel economy tips from! :yes:

Yup - the "PG" in PG Tips stands for "Petrol Guru" :D

Hoovie, the seats look fantastic, looks like lovely leather and beautifully fitted. Well done :thumbsup:

Hoovie

What was the final verdict on the side air bags. Did the trimmer make some sort of perforations or did he say it would just break through?

Regards

Hoovie

What was the final verdict on the side air bags. Did the trimmer make some sort of perforations or did he say it would just break through?

Regards

There were a few possibilities on how to do this -

* 'Skiving' the leather to make it thinner and weaker. That was dismissed as results too unpreditable

* Dual stitch lines to create a weak line

* Removing the stitching on the side panel and replace with a low-release velcro

(Info and options discussed with friend who has leather shop and also into Honda S2000)

When I discussed the options with Trimmer, he said that he will look up which thread to use, and then restitch the side panels with this weakened thread as that is how he normally deals with this situation.

Fair doo's as we say up here, thats one nice job you have done there Hoovie :D:

Hello Hoovie, it looks very nice, did you mount them your self or add it mounted elsewhere? And the tissue covers came out or the leather ones just fit on top of them ? thanks a lot.

Hello Hoovie, it looks very nice, did you mount them your self or add it mounted elsewhere? And the tissue covers came out or the leather ones just fit on top of them ? thanks a lot.

Hi rave,

firstly, these are proper fitted covers, not slip-overs. There is an important difference as the fitted covers have to need to get fixed to the various points around the seats via hogrings and rails, which means the cloth covers must be removed to expose those fittings (apart from which the extra bulk would mean the wouldn't fit.

The slipover covers around would just get baggy in the centres and are not nice.

I fitted some parts and a trimmer fitted others as there was some stitching required to transfer fitting parts from cloth covers to leather covers so the trimmer did those. It is a pretty straightforward job to strip down the covers away from the seats. Fitting is more complex as the fittings - while in exactly the same place are not the same exact style, so have to adapt a little.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links