Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pimp My Rav

Hoovie

Have done a lot...

Exterior :

Original 18" Lexus RX350 wheels

Original Diesel hood

TTE Grille without logo

Aftermarket Rearspoiler with LED brakelight

Original Rearbar in bodycolor, roofbars in bodycolor

Original Window vents

Original mudflaps front+rear in bodycolor

Aftermarket LED taillights

Aftermarket 6000K HID Hi/Lo Xenon

Badges shaved

50% tinted windows (all) and streamer

TTE Double exhaust

Interior :

All original champagne-colored panels in bodycolor

Other panels as steeringwheel covers, windowswitch bezel, doorhandles etc. also in bodycolor

Isolated whole inside and doors

Original ´sport´ Aluminium Door Entry Sill Panels

ICE:

Fullmap Touchscreen navi B9010 (MP3/WMA)

Original subwoofer

Original CD changer

Video interface with backup camera and cinch audio/video input

Switch for use the Touchscreen while driving

Switch to power off the Touchscreen (no ´playing´ while in service)

Infinity 6.5" composet front

Infinity 6.5" 2-way rear

Parrot bluetooth carkit + peiker mic

...and a good alarm system with autoclose windows.

To do list :

JDM headlights (DIY)

HID 6000K for foglights

Whiteline swaybars front/rear

Original pushbar

Scangauge II

Beat that!! :lol:

29_thumb.JPG

34_thumb.JPG

57_thumb.JPG

sonny

yer jist at the start........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoovie

• anchorman

• Fujisan

• local hero

Have done a lot...

To do list :

JDM headlights (DIY)

HID 6000K for foglights

Whiteline swaybars front/rear

Original pushbar

Scangauge II

Beat that!! :lol:

I think it all adds up to the best looking RAV I have ever seen (IMO)

Second that :yahoo::toast:

Super job Dutchrav :thumbsup:

Leather Seats - Work In Progress:

Leather-BeforeandAfterMedium.jpg

Rears done, Heated Fronts next week :D

Those looks really good!

Are they OEM? What does something like that cost??

They are OEM Clones is the best way to describe them I would guess. Made in Malaysia specifically for the RAV and made to look identical, but there are some fitting parts that have to be transferred from old cloth covers to new leather covers.

Leather is good quality thick stuff and the guy I got them from used to fit them to imported Top-Spec RAVS a few years ago. The Car Import business into the UK used to be a big thing a few years ago, getting cars from places like Denmark that had low base prices before tax and then adding the bits that brought them to UK spec.

I paid £90 inc shipping. To get them fitted would be about £250 on top. I am working with a fitting company who are making a couple of adjustments for me as they have the tools and some key knowledge and I don't, so will be paying them some money for their work.

Wow, thats not bad for complete leather seating!

Please show pictures when completed! I'd love to see som "work-in-progress" pictures as well!

Got a pretty big to do list for my 4.2...

My first one is side & back steps and A bar, anyone got some ideas on suppliers?

Cheers

DJ

Got a pretty big to do list for my 4.2...

My first one is side & back steps and A bar, anyone got some ideas on suppliers?

Cheers

DJ

HA HA well in mate that was gonna be my next question, I'm in Airdrie so if you get a heads up on any half decent suppliers let me know but ive been lookin at this one -

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/4x4-styling-acces...5QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Im looking for the back step/running board to match the side ones shown on my 55 plate XTR below if anyone can help...

24032008un5.jpg

Thanks Anchorman, I saw a Rav4 with that rear step on when I was in "Norn Iron" on Sunday, looked really smart, finished the rear of the Rav4 off and I thought it was the match for the side steps. Never seen one before so the link is really useful. Looks simple to fit, too (after my "ordeal by steps") :blush:

Try putting your tongue in Kingo's ear for some discount.
Do I have to? :sick:

Look like genuine Toyota ones to me;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...X0541-ZA_ZB.pdf

Try putting your tongue in Kingo's ear for some discount.

Cheers anchorman, looks like thats the one ive been looking for a great to get the install info too, now for the daft question, where is the best place to source one ?

Cheers anchorman, looks like thats the one ive been looking for a great to get the install info too, now for the daft question, where is the best place to source one ?

Hi MC#1, I suggest you send a pm (effectively an email through the forum) to "Parts-King" - he'll quote a price inc delivery that has always beaten any other I've seen elsewhere

Brgds

BTW - If anyone needs one of the metal fixing plates (items 8 and 9 in Figure 15 in the install doc) then I have them spare (came with my Towbar but also came with rear Bar), but they are VERY solid and VERY heavy so postage could be VERY expensive.

But if you need 'em, got them going spare :thumbsup:

Hi MC#1, I suggest you send a pm (effectively an email through the forum) to "Parts-King" - he'll quote a price inc delivery that has always beaten any other I've seen elsewhere

Brgds

Cheers Robert, really appreciate the info, you really cant beat this lazy shopping lol

Do I have to? :sick:

Depends how much discount you want :rolleyes:

good 360o Degree tour of your Ride :thumbsup: The US RAV looks a lot bigger then the European RAV - I know you have extra length for the 3rd row of seats that we don't, but even so - I guess the dark wheels do that - very nice.

the Projector Headlights and Multi-Media bits are my favourite part of your RAV, Wes :drool:

Probably the last installment (for a while, anyway) on the Pimping Progress of the HoovieRAV :D

DualTone Airhorns

Bought some airhorns from the Motorshow on Tuesday - Anchorman said they were a bargain at £6 - I didn't full realise how much I needed to strip the car down to fit a £6 Accessory :eek:

Horns-3Large.jpg

Mesh Radiator Protection

While the bumper was off, I noticed how exposed the radiator was from flying stones and decided to fit some mesh to protect it better.

Mesh-OutsideLarge.jpg

I did the same thing to my HR-V which had a VERY exposed rad after I heard about two cases where stones smashed rads on the HR-Vs.

I'll post a how-to if anyone is interested.

Driving Lamps

Fitted the Official Toyota Driving Lamps

NewFrontLarge.jpg

Fitting these were a right pig to be honest and I think the instructions are a far cry from perfect. I think they look ok in the end, but no thanks to the manual :rolleyes: For example, picture shows you tighten a bolt inside the bumper area AFTER fitting the bumper assembly back in place - How exactly??

Due to the intermittant rain, I had not yet had time to complete the wiring in the cabin for these lights.

Billet Grill Trim - As shown in above pic also.

Fitted this a little while ago - simply take the grill off and bolt the two-part assembly over the existing grill. Adds a touch of Bling to the front

and Finally....

My Workshop

Due to the rain, I needed to do the above stuff in my workshop .... It's a little draughty :rolleyes:

WorkshopLarge.jpg

If anyone wants any more info on any of the "Pimps", please post or PM me - happy to help :thumbsup:

Good stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hoovie....

The neighbours must think your building some new kit car..... :wacko: :wacko:

Probably the last installment (for a while, anyway) on the Pimping Progress of the HoovieRAV :D

My Workshop

Due to the rain, I needed to do the above stuff in my workshop .... It's a little draughty :rolleyes:

WorkshopLarge.jpg

Looks like you have room for a workshop Hoovie? I think that should be your next project :thumbsup: and if you have achieved all you have in those conditions, then We5ley from America, had better watch out :toast:

After a couple of cutting comments from Stew .... :crybaby: ;) , been working out what I have done to the HoovieMobile :D

It came with the "Style Pack", so already got rear step, front nudge and side bars but apart from that was standard XT3.

First thing was a Brinks Tow Bar fitted with Euro-style electrics (much more reliable then the UK 7-pin style connectors)

First thing to get added inside was:

Denison ICE>>Link for iPOD - Works well; controls the iPOD from the Steering Wheel controls which is nice. It was tucked away in the centre console, but after being sent a Dashmount to try out on a SatNav fitting, I relocated the iPod Cradle by the Radio and it is now in a perfect place :thumbsup:

Sat-Nav next and with the gooseneck fitting, is in a very handy location now

Final toy on the dash is the Cruise Control, which I haven't that much opportunity to really use yet, but is great to use so far.

Pic of the Toyota Toys below:

ToyotaToysMedium.jpg

Leather Seats - Work In Progress:

Leather-BeforeandAfterMedium.jpg

Rears done, Heated Fronts next week :D

And boxed up ready to install are the Toyota Driving Lights B)

A likely addition in the future will be a TPMS for about £100 to co-incide with a new set of boots all round. Only had two punctures in last 12 years. But both times, by the time I noticed, the tyres were wrecked and it cost about £250 to get replacements. A TPMS will go along away to pay for itself if it avoids that happening

[/quote

Hi Hoovie, how did you installed the cruise control, what parts do i need, where to buy then and for how much? thanks

Hi Hoovie, how did you installed the cruise control, what parts do i need, where to buy then and for how much? thanks

Hi - there is a seperate post about the cruise control with some info on fittingh, costs and where you can buy :thumbsup:

Hi - there is a seperate post about the cruise control with some info on fittingh, costs and where you can buy :thumbsup:

Sorry, i have seen it now...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links